IGNORED

Motorkote comments and tracking??

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about clutches?? Didn't see anything on them.

MotorKote works fine in a wet clutch environment. I know it goes against traditional thinking, but look at this way… When you wet sand paper it still retains its function, in fact it actually works better, the same is true with a MotorKoted wet clutch. Actually, MotorKote makes the clutch perform better and because it keeps the assembly clean it also makes it last longer.

The above is what they claim. I dont know if this is true or not. and I dont think they will offer a warranty on it.

What I wonder is if it's added to a very low miles 1st gen that will blow out it's 2nd gear, will this "magic lubricant" stop the failure or significantly slow down the failure of the 2nd gear?

Edited by timgray

Great Score with FREE Shipping! :thumbsup2:Just ordered more

to put on the shelf with my other lonely 32 oz Bottle!:D

Just a side note. I was not sure if I could add (over fill)

the oil in the bike so I added 3 Qts to 10 OZ's of Kote.

Next time I will go with the full amount of oil for bike

and them add 8 of Kote.

Nobody is having problems with the over fill then?:scratchchin:

Jeff

bobistheoilguy.com is a really good website. I am sure this product and its pros and cons and well as its composition has been discussed there. If you are lubricant enthusiast, I caution you, you can spend a lot of time there. Lots of info on oil, filters,etc.

rstddog

I told you all I would let you know when the next special was an It's now !!! untill the 31st

Go to motorkote.com on the left side of the page you'll see Bubba Bo show specials click on that an they have 5 specials an some single products. I always buy the # 2 special, for 65.00 an free shipping you can't beat it. It's time to get off the fence :Laugh:

I added 7 ounces of Motorkote the night before my wife and I left for a week long bike trip. The first two days were very hot and humid. The only two days this summer that the temperature has exceeded 30 celcius in southern Ontario.

On the second day out we did an 80 kilometer run from Port Dover to Port Stanley along the north shore of Lake Erie. I did realize about halfway there that my chine (I have the chirp and the whine) was not as noticable as it usually is in fourth gear at 90 kph on a hot & humid day.

We logged just under 700 kilometers in four days before the weather went south on us and there was only one time during the final fifty kilometers of a 200 km day that the chine was loud enough to start bugging me.

We were out again today on a mix of highway and city roads and I would have to say that the noise level is way down now from what it used to be. My next step is switching over to 10W40 Amsoil to see if that makes any further reduction in the sound or frequency of my chine.:fingers-crossed-emo

I guess we can have a 3-way contest....winner of the noisiest clutch basket gets a steak dinner paid by the other 2????? I can almost taste it now!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Like Cougar, my whine/chirp/scream was reduced by about half. Unfortunately, that's not enough. My I basket will be delivered today....hoping most of the rest will be fixed by that.

Joe

Hey Joe,

Did you ever get that I basket that you ordered installed? If so, has it made any significant difference in your noise levels? If you think it is worth the cost /effort, could you let me know what the part number is as well? It sounds like trying to get Yamaha to do this under warranty can be an exercise in frustration from what I have read elsewhere.

Wayne

I told you all I would let you know when the next special was an It's now !!! untill the 31st

Go to motorkote.com on the left side of the page you'll see Bubba Bo show specials click on that an they have 5 specials an some single products. I always buy the # 2 special, for 65.00 an free shipping you can't beat it. It's time to get off the fence :Laugh:

Tnx 4 the tip. Ordered # 2 special also. I'll be adding it to the Amzoil 10-40 I run in my 08 RSV.

Hey Joe,

Did you ever get that I basket that you ordered installed? If so, has it made any significant difference in your noise levels? If you think it is worth the cost /effort, could you let me know what the part number is as well? It sounds like trying to get Yamaha to do this under warranty can be an exercise in frustration from what I have read elsewhere.

Wayne

Wayne,

My I basket will be delivered tomorrow (according to the vendor). Been an ordeal...won't go into it all.

But, I do have the "special tool" that is needed to hold the clutch boss while removing the nut that holds it all together. That tool will be available for any member to borrow if they need it, just for the shipping costs.

The I basket is p/n 4XY-16150-09-00. Don't forget to order the cover gasket, p/n 4NK-15462-00-00.

I'll let you know tomorrow evening how it sounds with the new basket.

Joe

Wayne,

My I basket will be delivered tomorrow (according to the vendor). Been an ordeal...won't go into it all.

But, I do have the "special tool" that is needed to hold the clutch boss while removing the nut that holds it all together. That tool will be available for any member to borrow if they need it, just for the shipping costs.

The I basket is p/n 4XY-16150-09-00. Don't forget to order the cover gasket, p/n 4NK-15462-00-00.

I'll let you know tomorrow evening how it sounds with the new basket.

Joe

Thanks Joe!

I realize this will open me up to scorn, and rightly so. But...

How do you change the oil?

Or, more appropriately, how do you add the oil?

The reason I ask is that I have been warming the engine, removing the bolt, letting it flow until nothing is draining, and putting the bolt back on. Then I'll add the amount the manual says is required (3.5L). I've noted this seemed to put the oil level too high, and now I read that less oil than specified is required.

So, how are you adding oil? Do you put in... 3L... or something... then letting it sit and checking the level? Add some more, check the level, etc? How long do you wait before adding more?

Or, am I mis-interpreting how you are adding oil?

I just got my Motorkote today (came Saturday, but the office was closed, redelivered today) and I want to change my oil. I might have gotten away with overfilling before, but if I am now adding 8oz on top of overfilling... !

Advice wanted, scorn abided,

Dave

Edited by Dave77459
typo

I realize this will open me up to scorn, and rightly so. But...

How do you change the oil?

Or, more appropriately, how do you add the oil?

The reason I ask is that I have been warming the engine, removing the bolt, letting it flow until nothing is draining, and putting the bolt back on. Then I'll add the amount the manual says is required (3.5L). I've noted this seemed to put the oil level too high, and now I read that less oil than specified is required.

So, how are you adding oil? Do you put in... 3L... or something... then letting it sit and checking the level? Add some more, check the level, etc? How long do you wait before adding more?

Or, am I mis-interpreting how you are adding oil?

I just got my Motorkote today (came Saturday, but the office was closed, redelivered today) and I want to change my oil. I might have gotten away with overfilling before, but if I am now adding 8oz on top of overfilling... !

Advice wanted, scorn abided,

Dave

The only things that I (may) do differently than you is set the kickstand on a piece of 2x4 and turn the forks to the right to get the bike more level and after it's drained I'll stand it up by hand to be sure it's drained well. When adding, I pour in about 3.5 QT's then go from there. You shouldn't have to wait long for it to settle.

And according to Motorkote you don't leave out any oil; you add the 8 oz's in on top of the full amount of oil.

The only things that I (may) do differently than you is set the kickstand on a piece of 2x4 and turn the forks to the right to get the bike more level and after it's drained I'll stand it up by hand to be sure it's drained well. When adding, I pour in about 3.5 QT's then go from there. You shouldn't have to wait long for it to settle.

And according to Motorkote you don't leave out any oil; you add the 8 oz's in on top of the full amount of oil.

I put my bike up on the CARBON_ONE lift adapter to get a nice working height, allow the drain pan to slip underneath, and to make sure it is level. With 3.5L, you see the oil level in the sight?

Dave

I put my bike up on the CARBON_ONE lift adapter to get a nice working height, allow the drain pan to slip underneath, and to make sure it is level. With 3.5L, you see the oil level in the sight?

Dave

Now that I have a Carbon_One adapter I'll be doing it that way, too!

Aren't you in Texas? What's with this liter stuff? :Laugh: Just kidding you! Actually, 3.5L (which is almost 3.7 Qts) should put it in the site glass. People here that have changed their oil more times than me can probably tell you better but to get it halfway on the site glass I think I have about 8 ozs (.25 Qt or .24L :D ) left in the gallon jug.