IGNORED

2008 Rally date is set......

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

AS a result of the poll results regarding the date for the 2008 VentureRider International Rally being held in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and last nights meeting, the date for this event has been set as July 7-10, 2008. That's Monday - Thursday.

Sorry to those for whom those dates don't work....we chose the week that had the highest positive hits on the poll.

There will be more details in the next few days regarding the location, nearby motels etc.

Wish everyone the best on this one. I'll just have to live it vicariously thru all the posted pics. It's 2400 miles one way for me. I'm good for 600 miles a day. 4 days there, 4 days at VRII, and 4 days back. Can't be gone that long. DANG!!! :crying:

Well you could ship your bike and purchase a plane ticket...:mo money:

One day there, and one day back..:cool10:

Heck, just sell a couple more boats and join us..:buttkick:

Just wondering if anyone took into consideration that it's following a Holiday weekend in the US? Travel will be horrendous at best getting there. IMO.

yup, we did, and surmised that it'd also give more people travel time without having to take days off work.

Have a valid heavyweight motorcycle operator's license. (Eg. An Ontario M2 rating is required, or its equivalent)

Possess the skills, knowledge and ability to operate a heavyweight motorcycle

well both of those leave me out , plus 225.00 a day and 2500.00 deposit

i guess i'll have to ride my light weight bike and my light weight license up there :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

All you American members who are planning to come up to Canada next summer for the VR rally be prepared.

1) Just about everything costs more up here especially gas (about $3.75/US gallon right now) and most better quality hotels/motels. What you guys typically pay $50 for expect to pay $80 - $100.

2) Beer and other alcoholic type beverages cost twice as much or more than in the U.S. Likewise for cigarettes.

3) Your U.S. dollar, as of today was trading at or very close to par with our CDN dollar. By next summer it could cost you to by CDN dollars so you might want to buy some up now before the exchange advantage goes to far the other way, as predicted.

Don't want to scare anyone away, just want you to be aware if you aren't already. Our bikes already whine enough:rotf:

You forgot to tell em what a pack of cigarettes cost. It's enough to make a fella quite smoking, well almost........ :15_8_211[1]:

For those of us with this delightful habit - if you buy them on the Reservations - most are $33.00 per carton - near London, Ont - $15.00 per carton -

Well I really wanted to come to this one but the date just ain't gonna work, to close to a long holiday weekend.

Like someone else said, I'll have to live it through pictures and posts.

Jerry

Too bad Jerry. It's only about 550 miles for you. That's just a nice day trip. Probably never get that close again.

All you American members who are planning to come up to Canada next summer for the VR rally be prepared.

1) Just about everything costs more up here especially gas (about $3.75/US gallon right now) and most better quality hotels/motels. What you guys typically pay $50 for expect to pay $80 - $100.

2) Beer and other alcoholic type beverages cost twice as much or more than in the U.S. Likewise for cigarettes.

3) Your U.S. dollar, as of today was trading at or very close to par with our CDN dollar. By next summer it could cost you to by CDN dollars so you might want to buy some up now before the exchange advantage goes to far the other way, as predicted.

Don't want to scare anyone away, just want you to be aware if you aren't already. Our bikes already whine enough:rotf:

Gary I do not think the hotels are that much, yes beer costs more and it should only hurt Stardbog as he buys more than most everyone one else (except maybe Beer30 but never met him). :beer::sign20:

your fuel cost must be on a CDN gallon as it is closer to 3.50 per gallon. Also if you want to do the paperwork when your cross the border home you can apply for the 6% GST rebate, when you cross border home.

Brad

Gee, I dunno, Kitchner seems like such a long ride...

NOT!!

Lets see here, a motel in Fort Erie, then one in Hamilton, maybe stopover in Cambridge as well, that's 3 nights. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so you could make it by Monday, all week to rest up and then back home again on Friday, ready to start work on Monday. Long ride and many stops but you can do it, I'm sure you can.