IGNORED

meet at the hub next year

Snarley Bill

don mentioned to me at the 09 rally, that he would like to do a meet at the hub next year. well i'm chompin at the bit already. it won't be an international rally. some one else can do that. it will be a 4 day get together. no raffles, no prizes, no registration fee, no catered meal, no shirts or patches, no planned rides, just a barbeque one night, and a good old let your hair down and relax meet, at a little cooler time. since don is on vacation at vogel right now i thought i would mention this to see how many folks would like to see this happen. we had so much fun and commaraderie this year and the hub is a wonderful place for a big meet. how many of you folks would be interested in attending? just curious.

I wouldnt mind a rally at the four corners.........:whistling:

Eck, you talking about the Four Cornes in NM, AZ, CO and UT ?

If so, there is absolutely no hotels or camping in that area. That point is in the middle of now where, but if it is in the Durango, CO area, then that is a nice ride from there or plenty of nice roads in the mountains around Durango.

:)

Eck, you talking about the Four Cornes in NM, AZ, CO and UT ?

If so, there is absolutely no hotels or camping in that area. That point is in the middle of now where, but if it is in the Durango, CO area, then that is a nice ride from there or plenty of nice roads in the mountains around Durango.

:)

DURANGO, CO........plenty of nice roads in the mountains around Durango.:thumbsup2:

Sorry Bill, Didnt mean to hijack your thread.

Lets get back to the original post here.. who wants to go to the hub next year..

I'm in........!!!!!! :thumbsup2:

sounds good to me, missed the rally this year because just got back from trip out west on 30th of june and was going to go to the rally but notice i had a leak in the water pump :doh: and didn't get it fixed in time. going down to jasper ark. in two weeks with other friends, we go there about three or four times a year.

Four Corners and Durango sound great.

Mesa Verde has camping with facilaties, there are camp grounds all around Durango.

Vallecito Lake close by 30 mi. with camping and cabins.

Train ride to Silverton can be fun. all day event.

Cowboy BBQ close by room for hundreds, fun and good food. may need reservations for large group.

Plenty of great MC riding to Quray and around the mountain to Telluride then back to Durango.

Jeep rentals for some real back road adventures to old minning claims.

Just a reminder that Durango is a highly attractive place for vacations and motels are booked in advance for much of the summer. You can't beat the camping in the area.

I have spent a lot of time in this area and would be willing to help out planing such a meet, would only need some direction form those with experience. I know September is a bad time for alot of people but a great time for these mountains and by then vacationers have emptied out of the motels / cabins.

With two kids in college middle to late August is travel for me moving them back to different schools, but will do everthing I can to make it, if this ends up being the place of choise.

need to make some clarification on the hub rally next year. it is not the international rally, the hub rally is just a four day get together. for all who want to come. no registration no head count just show up if you want to have a good time. you will have a good time, garranteed. if we have an international rally someone will have to step up to the plate and contact don about putting it on. don has the final say so on time and location. there is no connection with the hub rally next year and the international rally. i am not putting words in don's mouth but he mentioned to me that he would like to come back to the hub next year for another meet with no frills. so we will work on that. if it gets to be official we will come up with a date, so reservations at the hub can be made for rooms. they only have 50 rooms. one room is already mine. lol :2133: