IGNORED

Found a great Thermos for the bike

Missionary Rider

Brenda and I have experimented with various cups and drink containers with somewhat disappointing results. I hate it when the water in my bottle is as hot as I am. I want it cool. And, I don't like the "sippy cup" style of containers because I want to drink and drive. Losing sight of the road when I tilt my head back to drink is not the excitement I'm looking for.

We have found a Thermos with a straw that will hold ice for 24 hours! The straw lets me drink without losing sight of the road. The flip-top is a one hand operation. I always finish the 18 oz in the Thermos before the ice is gone - have found ice still in the Thermos after 24 hours!

It is a Thermos Intak Steel Hydro bottle and is available online or at Target for $21.95

Check out a picture on my Facebook page at

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2219859&id=639519006

Lynn

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2219859&id=639519006

are great... they are not oversized but great for coffee in the morning and they would still have ice the next morning provided the weather was not blistering hot. If Don would order them again I know a few people who would like to have them. We just rode 7100 miles in weather as cool as 37 and as warm as 104 and they worked a lot better than any other kind of cups we used.

Bob

are great... they are not oversized but great for coffee in the morning and they would still have ice the next morning provided the weather was not blistering hot. If Don would order them again I know a few people who would like to have them. We just rode 7100 miles in weather as cool as 37 and as warm as 104 and they worked a lot better than any other kind of cups we used.

Bob

What are they?

Can you try to post a pic on VR? It requires us to register for Facebook to see your current pic.

RR

See attached photo.

For those who said it might be too big, there is a 12oz version available online - just not big enough for us. Have never noticed the extra weight on the handlebars.

Lynn

Folks, here is the post for the original mugs that I ordered. I haven't seen much feedback on them but for me, it is about the best mug I have ever owned. It will keep coffee HOT for a good 4 hours or longer.

If there is enough interest, I would be willing to place another order but I need to know for sure that there is enough interest.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25174&highlight=mugs

I bought two of Freebirds mugs and they are excellent. My wife drinks coffee and tea, and it really keeps them hot. I only drink water and it definately keeps that cold.

I keep mine on the gas cap with a beer cooler holder and my wifes is attached to the passenger hand rails with a logistics material neoprene cup holder.

"I keep mine on the gas cap with a beer cooler holder"

... and how, exactly, do you do this?

If you take one of the beverage coozies with the thick foam (not the thin collapsable kind) and poke out the bottom, it fits perfectly over the gas cap. You then place your beverage in the coozie and there is enough friction to hold it in place. It works slick.

RR

I'd be interested in a couple of the mugs. :banana:

Folks, here is the post for the original mugs that I ordered. I haven't seen much feedback on them but for me, it is about the best mug I have ever owned. It will keep coffee HOT for a good 4 hours or longer.

If there is enough interest, I would be willing to place another order but I need to know for sure that there is enough interest.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25174&highlight=mugs

If you take one of the beverage coozies with the thick foam (not the thin collapsable kind) and poke out the bottom, it fits perfectly over the gas cap. You then place your beverage in the coozie and there is enough friction to hold it in place. It works slick.

RR

I mounted the Coozie on the gas cap. Cool idea... But be forewarned,,, My first ride with the coozie can holder--- I had a can of pop in it and was cruisin down the road, I put the cruisecontrol on and reached down to get my drink,,, it wasn't coming out of the coozie and the coozie wasn't coming off the gas cap... A little more persuasion was needed before the whole shebang POPPED loose and I nearly flung the whole works up and over my shoulder... Not to mention that I darned near lost control of the bike. Anyhoo,, lesson learned.. A vacum sucks and so does a soda can in a coozie on a gas cap.

Wow, those are HUGE. Glad they work out for you.....not sure I want something that big hanging in front of me. I might have to see if I can rig up some mounts for them elsewhere.

Joe

Hey FreezyRider, you may want too re phrase that. LOL.

Just kiddin Keith.:dancefool:

• 3 weeks later...

i just ordered one of these -

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=116&manufacturer_ID=11&product_ID=36663&sblid_name=Rivco_Chrome_Cup_Holder_Handlebar_Clamp_Mount&model_id=0

it will hold my MP3 player when not holding a water bottle. i jus' hope it works. i will mount it on my right bar.

the photo is the web site's ad.

dale in La.

Thermos really is awesome! We need a little more water and found the 26 oz Intak Stainless Hydration Bottle #HS4030SCH6 to be almost perfect. No straw however :(. We removed the cap and the rubber piece that keeps it attached and added a sport bottle straw to the spout. I haven't seen it in a store but Thermos has it online for $22.99. They sure do keep ice solid for a long time, it's been a minimum of 24 hours in our experience. Just thought I'd share for any of you that might want another excellent option.

Peace,

Wendy