IGNORED

Southern Indiana Ride - Early October

FreezyRider

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finfan125, this ride is open to anyone who likes riding, meeting like minded people, eating good food, laughing, telling big tales (fat lies), etc. We don't care what somebody rides.

So, here's what I have so far. We will be basing the rides out of Corydon. I will be staying at the Super 8 or Baymont, they are within eyesight of each other at the interchange of I64 and Indiana 135. Probably will choose the Super 8 as I am familiar with it and there is an O'Charley's restaurant right next to the property. Ate there last Saturday evening, good food and excellent service too.

We will meet on Friday evening Oct. 2nd for dinner for those arriving on Friday. Time and place to be announced. On Saturday we will have ride heading out West on 62, taking 66 down to Tell City, then back up toward 62. We will stop at St. Meinrad's, a Catholic Monastery and publishing center. Very interesting place to visit and rest a bit. More details on this ride will come later.

On Sunday we will head north on a wandering route which will eventually take us to Nashville, Indiana. In Nashville we'll let everyone explore on their own for whatever time people want before heading back a shorter and more direct (although curvy as heck) route to Corydon. Those wanting to head toward home on Sunday can certainly do so, some of our group will be staying in Corydon Sunday evening and heading home on Monday.

Hope a lot can make it for this event. Might be one of the last nice, long weekends of the year, never know.

I will be contacting some of you who live in the area for some assistance on restaurant choices, reservations, etc if you are willing.

Joe

Great rides! I am going to try to make it Saturday. Just have to see if daughter has rodeo that day or not. Right now there is nothing planned.

Don't know if you want to or not, but have you thought about putting this on the calendar? Did you talk to Super8 about group rate with 8 rooms or more? Just thoughts.

Bronson

What time are you expecting to head out on Saturday morning? As stated before, we might have football on Friday night and have to join up on Sat. morning. Sunday we'll probably head back up home sometime in the afternoon, we'll just have to see. One nights all we'll be able to do.

Dan

Hey Dan,

We will probably meet for breakfast (thinking Cracker Barrel) at 8:00 Sat morning, then head out when everyone is done eating. I'm thinking at least an hour for breakfast with a big group like I am anticipating. So....we should be ready to roll around 9 or 9:15.

Joe

Guest wrench

Yep, count me in, it's a great time of year to ride around here. Could also go around 66 to the Natcher Memorial Bridge and cross over and eat BBQ at Moonlite in Owensboro, then either west to Evansville and back, or come back on US-60 thru Ky. It'd make for a pretty long day, but I ain't got anywhere to be!!

Edited by wrench

Wanted to let you all know that I have a block of 15 rooms at the Baymont Inn in Corydon, In. These rooms are normally $69.95 per night but they are giving us a VentureRider price of $59.95 per night. Price includes a "deluxe" continental breakfast (sausage gravy and biscuits, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruits, muffins and bagels, etc. Also, free wireless internet and for the bodybuilders among us (surely there must be 2 or 3 out of 7000 members!) they have a fitness room. No pool or spa though....if you want to get wet we'll just throw you in the river!

You must call and mention the VentureRiders to get this rate. Phone number is 812-738-1500. Any rooms not taken by Sept 25th will lose the "hold" on the room and be available for others. When you call also let them know your arrival and departure dates. We have some arriving on Friday, and some Saturday. Some leaving Sunday, others Monday. Gonna be a "go with the flow" meet!

Time to get serious and get your reservations made folks!!! Tomorrow is September, October will be coming FAST.

Joe

Ummmm sausage gravy and biscuits ? :scratchchin:wonder if there will be bacon? :scratchchin:

I am really kicking this around. I hope there is no snow here by then.

Gatta bring the loudest whine bike in history. to get that free dinner as well.

Better change the oil and so the motorkote wont be in there, :D

Ummmm sausage gravy and biscuits ? :scratchchin:wonder if there will be bacon? :scratchchin:

I am really kicking this around. I hope there is no snow here by then.

Gatta bring the loudest whine bike in history. to get that free dinner as well.

Better change the oil and so the motorkote wont be in there, :D

That's playing dirty!

Hope you make it Jeff. We can "whine" at each other!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Bump......

From post #39:

Wanted to let you all know that I have a block of 15 rooms at the Baymont Inn in Corydon, In. These rooms are normally $69.95 per night but they are giving us a VentureRider price of $59.95 per night. Price includes a "deluxe" continental breakfast (sausage gravy and biscuits, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruits, muffins and bagels, etc. Also, free wireless internet and for the bodybuilders among us (surely there must be 2 or 3 out of 7000 members!) they have a fitness room. No pool or spa though....if you want to get wet we'll just throw you in the river!

You must call and mention the VentureRiders to get this rate. Phone number is 812-738-1500. Any rooms not taken by Sept 25th will lose the "hold" on the room and be available for others. When you call also let them know your arrival and departure dates. We have some arriving on Friday, and some Saturday. Some leaving Sunday, others Monday. Gonna be a "go with the flow" meet!

Time to get serious and get your reservations made folks!!! Tomorrow is September, October will be coming FAST.

Too much to read, too much to do, not enough time, don't go that far back. Son? I'm not anybody's son.

That was "Son" in the southern way of speaking.

You know, kinda like ol' Foghorn Leghorn...."Ah say, son, that ain't no chicken..."

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

But you're probably not old enough to remember that cartoon.;)