IGNORED

Hybrid Motorcycle from Yamaha

M61A1MECH

See this link http://www.gizmag.com/page/6/ about half way down the page to see a photo

MOTORCYCLES

Yamaha set to launch hybrid production motorcycle for 2010

By Ben Purvis

02:35 June 22, 2009 PDT

Back in 2005, Yamaha showed the wacky 2005 Gen-Ryu hybrid concept bike at the Tokyo Motor Show amidst a raft of other very non-conventional two wheelers such as the aptly named FC-Me fuel cell bike, the ingenious Deinonychus elec tric reconfigurable motorcycle, the Chivicker, Passol and the Maxam two-wheeled limousine. Now it appears certain the bike will become a showroom model in 2010. A series of patent applications detail the new motorcycle which uses the YZF-R6 600cc engine to turn a generator which in turn powers the rear wheel. History shows that every Yamaha styling patent published over the last 20 years has resulted in a full production machine, so there's little doubt this one is also heading for a showroom near you in the very near future. You can expect to see it in the flesh for the first time at the Tokyo Motor Show later this year. Read More

I was led to an article that claims both Honda and Aprillia are getting ready to introduce V4 engines. here's the link. http://www.gizmag.com/go/8129/

And we had a post yesterday that claimed Harley was also introducing a V4.

We're leading edge technology it would seem....

:happy65:

I'd hardly call a V4 leading edge technology. Honda has been using V4's for decades now that are more powerful and efficient then Yamaha.

st1300

Oh Forrest, i'm sorry to say, but even the ST1300 lacks some Horses to compare with the Vmax Engine, old or new .... There are missing 15 hp to the 1Gen Vmax already ... this is with the latest Update from 2002 whereas the Vmax was downgraded over the Years from 145 hp to 140 hp.

I have a Bit of a hard Time following your Arguments.

my statement 'leading edge technology" was said tongue in cheek.

The Honda Magna was one of the best bikes made in my opinion. etc

I had a 1994 Honda Magna 750 V- 4 . Yes, a good bike. Sold it to my brother, 32,000 miles on it. It was one of the reasons I wanted a V - 4 engine when I bought my 2007 Yammy Tour Deluxe. Man this bike has so much more power and the comfort of the ride is great. Love my Yamaha..

Oh Forrest, i'm sorry to say, but even the ST1300 lacks some Horses to compare with the Vmax Engine, old or new .... There are missing 15 hp to the 1Gen Vmax already ... this is with the latest Update from 2002 whereas the Vmax was downgraded over the Years from 145 hp to 140 hp.

I have a Bit of a hard Time following your Arguments.

Yep, you're right. You win. Congratulations.

Talking to a guy on a wing in front of a restaurant when this dude in a pirate suit comes by on his way to his FLHTBMF straight pipe special. The wing rider made a comment about the Venture being a "nice bike". The pirate hurrumphe'd and muttered "(six letter word for comdemned followed by three letter racial slang for Japanese) copy of Harley". The wing nut, quicker on the uptake than I paused, looked at the Venture closely and then said "you're right, looks just like every other water cooled V-4 shaft drive Harley out there". :thumbsup2: Mr. Pirate IMMEDIATELY responded "Harley don't make no......Aw (four letter word for fecal matter) !! :crying:

He went stomping off while the wing nut and I cracked up:big-grin-emoticon:

A good time was had by all!!

My '85 Suzuki Madura had a great V4. During development they ran it at 14,000 rpm with no problems. The street bike had a rev limiter at 11,500. With a 1/4 turn throttle you got up there in a hurry. My friend still has the bike.