IGNORED

Why not Florida?

flaboater

After reading all lot of posts here, I noticed that a lot of you with maps of places ridden have been everywhere in the southeast except Florida. Why not cross over that state line?

Think of us as a mirror to Deals Gap. They have 386 curves in 11 miles. We have 11 curves in 386 miles. So, c'mon down!! The waters fine.:missingtooth:

After reading all lot of posts here, I noticed that a lot of you with maps of places ridden have been everywhere in the southeast except Florida. Why not cross over that state line?

Think of us as a mirror to Deals Gap. They have 386 curves in 11 miles. We have 11 curves in 386 miles. So, c'mon down!! The waters fine.:missingtooth:

It is called HOT and a live with Gators :no-no-no:

Oh wait, we have been down there :whistling::whistling::whistling:

We did a trip from Nebraska to N. Carolina last year and missed just a couple of states, Florida being one of them. So, now we have to make another trip down that way to pick those states up.

I think it would be neat to take the LONG bridges out to the keys.

We have 4 years left on our warranty, we need to get all 49 of the states in before the warranty runs out.

craigr

Try Destin in the Panhandle! Water is crystal clear and warm. The beaches are white sand which will act as a frying pan if you are not careful! I spent a lot of time growing up along the eastern seaboard from Maine to Georgia and I have not found anything as beautiful as Destin! We get a lot of Snowbirds here during the winter.

I've been to Florida many times, I've also never ridden down there. I really want to ride down to Key West sometime. I just need to get a month off from work to get there and back and still have time to enjoy the trip.

Every time I ride in Florida it seems to be monsoon season. The last time I was there on a bike we were riding on a poker run, and it started raining so hard that we couldn't see the side of the road to pull off. Our only choice was to ride slowly forward until it let up.

It is a beautiful state, but y'all really need to get a switch on the old rain maker.

Been there numerous times. Got a son that lives in Orlando. But, never on a bike. Plan on retiring (again) down there someday.:sun::cool10:

Glenn

Well Glenn Tuc, I let you know how the ride was, except I'm coming to you in august.

from Ft. lauderdale to Gilbertsville, KY for a Widows Sons Grand Gathering:cool10:

Then the snow birds come down and use us for target Practice. But who cares there slow and easy to confuse so its kinda entertaining.

One other thing is the States long so it takes forever to get to the South Parts where everythings at but its worth the ride.

Come On Down Vonwolf

Well Glenn Tuc, I let you know how the ride was, except I'm coming to you in august.

from Ft. lauderdale to Gilbertsville, KY for a Widows Sons Grand Gathering:cool10:

Call me when you get here, seeings what I live 30 miles from Gilbertsville.

Glenn

My wife and I rode to Key West the week of memorial day in 06. Enjoyed the ride except for one thing. The heat. I almost lost my wife as we were coming into Kissemmee about 3:00 in the afternoon. She told me she was seeing little black spots and needed to stop for water. Before I could find a store she said to stop quickly because her tongue was swelling and she was about to pass out. I found a store and stopped for her to get water. After drinking plenty of water and getting cooled off she got sick and started vomitting. She was ok for the rest of the trip. If I ever go again it will be in the spring or fall of the year. We ride our bike to Panama City several times each year. I have ridden to bike week in Daytona twice. Last November a friend of mine in Bainbridge Georgia called and asked if I would like to ride to Port St Joe to get some raw oysters. I can leave early in the morning and make that trip in one day. We were leaving Port St Joe coming home, I don't know the name of the highway but there is nothing but pine forest for miles, and I saw something black coming out of the woods. I radioed my friend and asked him if that looked like a bear. He said if it is, it is the biggest bear I have ever seen. A huge black bear wobbled into the highway and stopped on the center line and just stared at me. I slowed to about 20mph waiting for him to cross the highway but he just looked at me. I was finally at the point where I had to stop and turn around or speed up and try to go around him. I started blowing the horn and he slowly finished crossing the highway. I have been to North Carolina and ridden the parkway, cherohala skyway and dragon tail and have never seen a bear. I go to Florida and see one. Go figure.

Be down there next month. Northwest of Orlando. Gonna visit the inlaws at the Villages.

People forget that they need to replenish electrolytes. Gatorade or eating something salty like peanuts, pretzels, etc. is a must! Staying hydrated isn't enough.

I found a store and stopped for her to get water. After drinking plenty of water and getting cooled off she got sick and started vomitting.

I try to make it to FL twice a year... Usually Bike Week in March and Biketoberfest in Oct... The best Old School Biker Bash that I've been to in years is in Lakeland the 1st weekend in Nov is Roscoe's Chilli Challenge (Due to the nature of Roscoe's Chili Cook-off (an adult celebration), this website contains adult material and nudity, and may not be suitable for children. Viewer discretion is advised)