IGNORED

Opinion on 02 Midnight...

Skid

I came across a 2002 Midnight with 25K miles on it. Appears to be in excellent conditiion and knowing where it came from, I'm sure it it. It has several added options including tank bid, luggage rack etc... The guy priced it at $8350.00 .

Question is what is an 02 Midnight worth?

The other thing to keep in mind is that just because someone paid $xxxx dollars to put the options on doe NOT mean that translates to adding the same amount on to a selling price over a fair value.

Now, I am NOT saying that there should be no adjustments for it but the 'value' of it largely depends on the buyer... You can think about it in terms of 'what else would you want to/need to do to it in order to make it how you want it' (within reason of course).

If it is in impeccable shape then that is probably a reasonable price (if anything a little on the high side)... but without seeing it, it is hard to say.

Just my $0.02.

- Rick M.

I came across a 2002 Midnight with 25K miles on it. Appears to be in excellent conditiion and knowing where it came from, I'm sure it it. It has several added options including tank bid, luggage rack etc... The guy priced it at $8350.00 .

Question is what is an 02 Midnight worth?

Offer him $7500.00 and see what happens. What do you have to loose.:mo money: Craig

Offer him $7500.00 and see what happens. What do you have to loose.:mo money: Craig

And you have to knock off another $1,000.00 because it is "Black" and might be mistaken for a HD at a quick glance... LOL :big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by frogmaster
spelling

Dayum.....I musta been in the right place at the right time when I bought my 06 Midnight (in Nov-07) with very LOW mileage-if I remember right it was around 400 miles. Paid 8K for her and the Dealer even tossed on a new set of sneakers(replaced the Metzlers cuz I flat don't like em),oil/filter change, new plugs, and carb sync.:big-grin-emoticon:

Bottom line is if YOU are happy with the scoot and the price don't let anyone talk ya out of doing the deal. It may be a long time before you find another scoot that appeals to you like this one does.....and the naysayers will be riding while you are still looking for a scoot.

Boomer.......who knows BLACK is the coolest color on any scoot.....and has written testimony from lots of wimmen to prove it too.:rasberry:

I had purple, Yellow, red and black leg & foot last week. Didn't really care for those colors togather.

I didn't mind the assorted colors so much as the constant PAIN which was relentless day/night for many weeks.

I'm none too keen about taking pain meds or meds of any sort.... which logic surely did not help my situation.

Boomer........who spits on asphalt with disrespect every chance he gets.:big-grin-emoticon:

I used to feel the same way about pain meds. Eating them like candy!!!

I avoid all meds regardless of the pain.

Boomer........who gets some pain relief by drop-kicking the wife's useless cat across the Living Room.....when the wife is not looking.

Did I mention that I dislike cats aka Hairballs?

Boomer........who gets some pain relief by drop-kicking the wife's useless cat across the Living Room.....when the wife is not looking.

Did I mention that I dislike cats aka Hairballs?

I LIKE CATS!!!

THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN, AND EASIER TO SHOOT FROM THE FRONT PORCH IN TOWN!

AND IF YOU FIELD DRESS THEM, THEY HAVE NO HAIR BALLS..

I sold my 2000 with 58,000 on for $6250.00 and it had a rebuilt title.

Paid $9500.00 for my 2004 with 8800 miles on it, it had some add on too.

Sound like a reasonable price, but I would make an offer just see if he would negociate.

between 7500 and 8000.

But if the bike has want YOU want and the price is good to you, its great.

Your the one who's going to ride and pay for it.

Gregg

LOVE my 02 and so will you. Look at all the cool stuff you can do to it.

With 25K on the clock it is not even broke in yet.

Just remember brake pads, tires, oil changes and you will add

smiles to your miles and all that CHROME to polish ..................Ron

when i was looking for my bike i watched ebay alot this spring. good condition 99,s got up to $7500. saw a 04 that had hit the ground go for 8900. 03,s with all the bells and whistles are advertised on craigs list up to 9500. my thoughts on good/excellent. 99-6500/7500 03-7500/8500 06 and up 10,000 and up. just what i was looking at this spring