IGNORED

la pryor got to me

Snarley Bill

well, i always said when i grow up i want to be just like la.. i'm getting set up to hit the road. bought a tent and lantern. just a start. i'm going to start building a little trailer to haul my camping gear. can't afford all the motels. linda thinks i'm nuts and have oldtimers. i got this picture of me sitting among the trees at a campsite barbequing pork steaks , drinking beer and listening to 50's music on my satilite radio by myself. it don't get no better than that. she said i'm not going, i said you aren't invited. i'm just following my dream. going shopping again tomorrow for some more gear. going to try to get my stuff together for vogel. does this sound like oldtimers or what? you bet it does. don't have no one to leave anything to accept linda and my puppy. so i might as well have a good time. yahoo! :2133:

Bill,

With the way the world is today I say do it up! If you can swing it I know you'll never regret it and look back with fond memories of making it happen. As far as a trailer, I might have something your looking for.

What bike you gonna take Bill?:15_8_211[1]:
i have to have 2 hitches. one for the v-star and one for the wing. starting to watch ebay for a hitch. i love both bikes and have to walk out and look at them before i decide what i'm going to ride. i may even show up some where on my majesty scooter. if it's got two wheels it works for me. may even show up somewhere on a new voyager. :2133:

Bill,

With the way the world is today I say do it up! If you can swing it I know you'll never regret it and look back with fond memories of making it happen. As far as a trailer, I might have something your looking for.

hey brad what do you have? i want to build something really small, light, and compact. thats why i'm going to get all my camping gear together so i can measure it. i figure i will start out with a harbor freight trailer with 12" wheels and cut it down. i looked at one today for $199.00. then i want to use a plastic box and a small cooler on the front. i don't want to know it's back there. :)

hey brad what do you have? i want to build something really small, light, and compact. thats why i'm going to get all my camping gear together so i can measure it. i figure i will start out with a harbor freight trailer with 12" wheels and cut it down. i looked at one today for $199.00. then i want to use a plastic box and a small cooler on the front. i don't want to know it's back there. :)

Bill,

The one I'm doing is larger than that, about the size of a Piggybacker. Here is a box that should absolutely fit the bill.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300321510925&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AVRI

Visit his ebay store as he has lots of different sizes to choose from.

Here is another setup that I am thinking of making one out of

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190293313795

Sounds like a plan to me bill , i want to build one myself in the near future. I would go shopping with ya but when we went down to larry's in jeff city sat. so you could get your new helment i ended up buying a helment and headset when i was just along for the ride. My arm is still sore from all the twisting you did to make me buy it. It was good meeting you ,linda and joe last friday for dinner. good luck with your trailer project.

see ya around town .

Ed

I know what you mean, this was my third outing at camping and I love it.........I want to do the wilderness camping with 86er..........want to join us...........

well, i always said when i grow up i want to be just like la.. i'm getting set up to hit the road. bought a tent and lantern. just a start. i'm going to start building a little trailer to haul my camping gear. can't afford all the motels. linda thinks i'm nuts and have oldtimers. i got this picture of me sitting among the trees at a campsite barbequing pork steaks , drinking beer and listening to 50's music on my satilite radio by myself. it don't get no better than that. she said i'm not going, i said you aren't invited. i'm just following my dream. going shopping again tomorrow for some more gear. going to try to get my stuff together for vogel. does this sound like oldtimers or what? you bet it does. don't have no one to leave anything to accept linda and my puppy. so i might as well have a good time. yahoo! :2133:

I would Love to do that as well Bill, Load up the Wing and trailer and take off and see the good old U.S.A. Maybe some day soon I will be able to take off and have fun. Until then take care and keep us updated on your new trailer project. Love to see what you make this time around...

And yes Wildhair39 has gotten to me as well I want to travel and camp out and enjoy the fresh air and see where the road goes and most of all a trip to the Colorado mountains.

Buddy

Bill,

Just built me a trailer this spring, was just talking with the wife and let her know that for the cost of a few days in a motel we could buy the camping gear and have it for a lifetime. I think she's looking at the adds right now. Check out my trailer in the trailering forum section,

I did the H/F with 12" wheels. I took it to Marcarl's M&E and she pulls like a dream.

Gary

That's exactly what i did and I've been all over the country bike camping. Hey down at Vogel you can camp by me and I'll give you a few motorcycle camping tips Ive learned through my vast experience.

1st thing is to go to Northern Handiman or Harbor Freight and buy one of those small trailer kits with highway rated tires (Not the one with the ballon tires) for about $150.00.

Next find you one of those Car top plastic luggage carriers and bolt it to the top of the trailer. Now your a motorcycle camper and you just spent about $200 on your perfectly good trailer. Where others spend $3000 to $5000 on their fancy samcy trailers.

thanks for all the ideas and support. went down to harbor freight this morning and bought the little trailer with 12" wheels, on sale for $199.00 i'm going to narrow it, and put a plastic box on it. i figure $300.00 for the finished trailer. now i have to make a couple of hitches. the price they get for new ones is a little much. hey lewis, i'm shooting for vogel. i have that week free so i'm am wanting to make that my maiden voyage. hope to be there. bill :2133: ps. did a little more shopping for some camping equipment. bought a coleman cooler and a beer drinking chair with a drink holder. linda thinks i am nuts. imagine that. :rotfl:

i have to have 2 hitches. one for the v-star and one for the wing. starting to watch ebay for a hitch. i love both bikes and have to walk out and look at them before i decide what i'm going to ride. i may even show up some where on my majesty scooter. if it's got two wheels it works for me. may even show up somewhere on a new voyager. :2133:

So Bill, you evidently checked out the Voyager last Saturday huh??

What did you think of it? I think we need a review....

Joe

thanks for all the ideas and support. went down to harbor freight this morning and bought the little trailer with 12" wheels, on sale for $199.00 i'm going to narrow it, and put a plastic box on it. i figure $300.00 for the finished trailer. now i have to make a couple of hitches. the price they get for new ones is a little much. hey lewis, i'm shooting for vogel. i have that week free so i'm am wanting to make that my maiden voyage. hope to be there. bill :2133: ps. did a little more shopping for some camping equipment. bought a coleman cooler and a beer drinking chair with a drink holder. linda thinks i am nuts. imagine that. :rotfl:

She may havebeen holding back on you Snarley. Just a SWAG (silly wild a$$ guess) on my part. :yikes:

GO FOR IT MAN! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: When else would you do it?????

Good on ya

Bubber

So Bill, you evidently checked out the Voyager last Saturday huh??

What did you think of it? I think we need a review....

Joe

they did'nt have one. :depressed: after reading several tests i think i will have to pass. hard to beat the new wing. sounds kind of under powered and a slight bit archaic. i do like the looks. it would be hard to give up the 1800 wing power. it is just awesome. i think i went through a short midlife crisis and bought a bunch of new bikes. think i ended up with some keepers, and realized it ain't so bad to be an old fart. now i am going to start enjoying what i got. :draming::2133: