IGNORED

Not a good way to impress your new girlfriend

ronhenry4

On Sunday (mothers day) I decided to invite my new girlfriend to go for a ride on the RSV. after a good 30 min into the ride she was feeling good about being on the back so it was time for some twisties :smile5: well off we go 1st one scared her a little but she has nerve second one was great the third one even scared me as i was coming out of the turn the rear tire BLOWS out!! got it stoped ok ..with the help of a gaurdrail she jumps off askes if im ok and i was and i asked her the same she was ok a little more scared of a bike now but she says she will go again. now for those of you who have had the pleasure of getting a flat tire on the road you may share the same feelings i have anger, frustration,and just down right mad cuz its sunday i have no trailer so now i have to start the 100 phone calls in the midst of all these feelings Emily has the nerve to ask me "where do you keep the spare on these things" :bang head: she has alot to learn but i didnt throw her in the middle of the road like i was thinking and smiled and said there is none and you have to push. she said i'll meet you at the gas station get my bike back in the morning with a new tire and will be ready to ride soon. (she may be staying at home)

You should be glad you didn't comment on the tires not being able to handle the extra weight of a passenger. It would have made a long, cold walk to the gas station.

FYI - time to get a tire plug kit and a compressor to carry with you all the time.

I had a blow out last year in a twisty. No passenger, but I was pulling a trailer. Kept it upright, but had some laundry issues to deal with.

Glad you kept it upright. It is a really scary feeling to loose almost all control in such a short period of time. Could have been much worse.

I am also interested in seeing pictures of the tire - and the redhead!!:smile5:

RR

100 phone calls??? It is fairly new and still under warranty right? My Star service card is good until Jan 23 2012 (I have an 07) and it says it includes 24/7 roadside assistance.

Okay, Don't hold your breath, too long on that one.....

Had that happened on my wife's first ride it would have been her last. :scared:Her first ride on back was in Thailand winding through the jungles and mountains on a rented bike with no issues, well except me wondering why some fool was coming towards me in my lane...wait, it was me driving in the wrong lane! :thumbdown: Now she is HOOKED!!!:happy65: