So i was taking my wife to our local garden store this afternoon (any excuse to ride) and on our way back as i was approaching a very green light at a busy intersection, i saw roughly 30 Harley riders stoped at their red light to my right side. just as i was about to enter the intersection (running about 50 mph) the first rider just looked at me and pulled out, then the pack proceeded as well - these guys were the hardcore riders and tried to run us off the rode providing gestures and all that hooplah. about all i could do was slow down as the idiots passed me on the left & right just flying. they were headed to a club (bar) that hosts bikers events, even as we approached the event they still were dodging in front of me. is there some motorcycle etiquette that i violated by not stopping at my green light as the ran their red light? scared the dog doo outta my wife and kinda shook me up with these guys coming so close to us. anyone else had this type experience?

I'm confused, did you turn left, did they turn right or was this some type of merge situation?

sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad a shower and clean clothes are all that was needed. Nothing you can do when dealing with jackasses is there?

Hey bro.. do you wear colors for any club or organization? Usually if you are wearing colors of any acknowledge club or organization they have to show respect but if you are not wearing colors the 1 percenters can be disrespectful and vindicated in there eyes. I ride with CMA colors and have never had that problem since we are respected by most as a Christian organization that is help and service oriented. Im sorry you were put through that ordeal. As others have said... there are certainly people out there on the road that dont need to be. This instance is more of an exception to the rule than the rule.

For some reason, the HD crowd are a bunch of idiots. I used to truck, and they loved to ride on the zipper. I hated it for them but, I was running the shoulder for them or anyone else. They get hit by a piece of rubber or road debri, oh well. If you act like a d.a. you get treated like one.

Hey bro.. do you wear colors for any club or organization? Usually if you are wearing colors of any acknowledge club or organization they have to show respect but if you are not wearing colors the 1 percenters can be disrespectful and vindicated in there eyes. I ride with CMA colors and have never had that problem since we are respected by most as a Christian organization that is help and service oriented. Im sorry you were put through that ordeal. As others have said... there are certainly people out there on the road that dont need to be. This instance is more of an exception to the rule than the rule.

Terry i was in shorts and tee shirt. the only club i'm in is " i once was lost but now i'm found " and the color that i wear is crimson red :-)

Not saying they were right, but personally, I would have slowed after seeing then and waved them on in front of me... Just kind of a respect thing when you see a large group and you are riding single..

traveling @ 50 + mph and realizing they were coming out in front of me - i suppose i could have locked it up and possibly made a stop without incident but it's doubtful. it seems odd to me how respect is only one sided in your view, just sayin !

OK.. I didn't realize you were doing 50.. but I don't know how far of a distance you had that you could see too...

I'm not saying they were right.. I'ts just usually large groups I allow to go if I have room to let them.. Tough bikers or not, many groups seem to think they own the road.. I've ridden with too many large groups that will tie up an interesction illegally.. and supposedly no attitude clubs... just a group mentality I think...

I agree it wasn't right for them to do you the way they did... but stuff happens.. I don't believe it's brand related like mentioned here..

I am sure it was hard to tell at 50 but once you realized it was an MC (with Rockers and All) I might have pulled over and waved them on after the fact. With of course my high capacity MAG in my .45.

There would have been nothing you could have done after the fact. The feathers were ruffled and they were going to prove a point. I have been around the type and when the point needs to be made (in their perception) there is nothing that can be done but either fight or take it.

My 2 cents

I have had three Harley. The reason they ride in packs is because they do not want to be alone on the side of the road when the inevitable breakdown occurs. Some HD riders are very much like any other gang members; they travel in packs because they fear being alone. Anyway, the 1% are a dying breed. Thank God. One can only spend so much time stranded on the side of the road watching Yamahas cruise by before he gets the idea.

I have had three Harley. The reason they ride in packs is because they do not want to be alone on the side of the road when the inevitable breakdown occurs. Some HD riders are very much like any other gang members; they travel in packs because they fear being alone. Anyway, the 1% are a dying breed. Thank God. One can only spend so much time stranded on the side of the road watching Yamahas cruise by before he gets the idea.

Toooo funny!

I think this was probably isolated. I know a number of 1%ers and none of them act like that. In GA the Outlaws run the show. While I would never cross any of them intentionally they have always been respectful to others at shows and rides. As a RC for PGR we have had quite a few attend our missions and never a single problem. They always request to ride together and we always honor that request but that's the only thing I've ever been asked.

Did you happen to get the colors? My guess is they aren't the dominant MC in the area. It's usually the small MC's that feel they need to make a name for themselves that act out. The dominant MC doesn't have to and also wants to avoid LEO complications.

As for colors, I only wear PGR and then only on a mission.