IGNORED

motion hearing this morning

Cinderella

well guys we are getting close to the nitty gritty........

motion hearing is this morning.....

the only motions i am aware of are his motions to suppress his statement and the evidence, and for a continuance on trial date

I was under the belief that these motions were argued between the prosecutor and the defense lawyer and then judge decides whether to allow or not......but apparently the police officers involved and the perps parents will be testifying this morning.

I was going to go alone because dale has no paid days left til June, but when he found out they were testifying he took the day off to be there.

we havent had to see the jerk since december, so it will be hard to have to look at him again today. I feel so bad for his parents having to go thru this at their age and im sure they arent happy about having to testify especially since they are sposed to be testifying on our side today( i guess its about the search of the living quarters of their son and a magazine he showed Haylie ,which is what he is trying to get suppressed, making sure it was all done legally so we can use it for evidence)

ok im ratteling again...........

im keeping the faith that all goes our way today........i have a feeling that if it does, his lawyer will be wanting to make a plea bargain real soon.:whistling:

will fill ya in later today....

Im so friggin stressed out......i dont know how im gonna make it thru a trial if it goes to that...I was a mess this morning..:innocent:

first off the motion to suppress the evidence was dropped by his attorney....like i said the perps parents were sposed to testify..well the good Lord intervenes in his own way...I feel so bad for his parents, apparently his dad has a weak stomach and had a problem on the way to courthouse this morning.,he stayed out inthe car his wife came in and talked to one of the people and told them her husband couldnt come in he dirtyed himself.......so they dropped it . What an a** to put his parents thru this....my heart breaks for them.

Motion 2 to suppress his confession.......they put the detective on the stand and his lawyer apparently is grasping at straws and he tried to make it look like maybe the perp was intoxicated when he confessed...argued about his handwriting changing onthe statement..kept asking the detective if he noticed any kind of under the influence...over and over. wanted to know exactly when the put him under arrest, before the confession, after, etc...At first I couldnt understand what he was trying to get at with the intoxicated thing, but figured it out pretty quick...what an idiot...what a last ditch try at something that wouldnt save him anyways....the detective didnt give him anything..nada nothing !! Judge will make a decision within 2 weeks on this....but we nor the prosecutor can see where he would go along with this one.

motion 3- for a continuance- granted.new trial date July 20th...this is basically to get all the dna stuff back...judge wasnt happy that we were delaying because this poor guy is in jail in the mean time.......oh lets have a pity party:rotf:

right after we got there the prosectuor told us since we are there the defense lawyer has the right and could call one of us to testify.....holy crap my heart went in high gear, all i could say was let him...but as i sat there i thought if they call me up to testify Im going to puke:rotf:

we saw a bunch of baca there this morning for another case..they were there to go with a boy to a pretrial conference from our town....that was great to see them and one of them popped in our hearing for a while...come to find out there was another similar case in the courthouse this morning also....

Guys thats too many....3 cases in different courtrooms in 1 morning ( that we knew of) and we have also learned of several cases going on in our little town....im shocked, but im also glad these kids are speakin up and telling someone !!

Hang in there Cindy, at least hes still in jail. While im not defending the defense atty he is required, however distasteful, to use due diligence when representing his client (and I want to barf at that word client).

As far as the other trials are concerned, its really sad that there are "Monsters" roaming around out there. The need to be roasted at the spit.

My heart goes out to you. I got here late, and don't know the details, but I can guess.

Hopefully all of this can be behind you soon, and the rebuilding can begin.

In my opinion, they should just turn him over to you, pull his pants down, and hand you a big dull knife. I have no tolerance at all for scum like that.

Good luck.