IGNORED

how many miles in one day

murph35640

Was just wondering who has ridden the most miles in one day. I did a little over 700 miles yesterday which is not alot compared to some but it was the farthest I have been in a day. Actually it was 11 hours but I only stopped for gas, to load the trailer with oysters and about 10 minutes to shove a burger down my neck. I was trying to beat the rain and it worked this time!

Gold Wing 742 mi

RSV 712mi

Gold Wing in one day to Springfield Mo. and back home 742mi.

RSV first ride was 345mi home after trade. But just did 712mi to Kansas and back home, The RSV was awesome..

One of these days when I get a chance I'm going to break the 1,000mi mark in one day...

Buddy

I went on a California tour from GA in '85. I wish I would have know about IBA back then. I spent the first night in San Antonio. 1049 miles with a little detour around New Orleans. I'm hoping to make a ride to MN within the next year or two and hit the 100/24hr and the 1500/36hr together. I don't know though. I'm not as young as I used to be. :backinmyday:

Yeah I really want to break a thousand too, I know one thing, it will have to be all interstate for me cause I really pushed it to make tha trip in 11 hours, not really the speed but just not stopping to rest or anything except just long enough to fill up the tank. It was all interstate except for about 60 miles. My wife and her siblings decided on friday night that they would really like to have fresh seafood this weekend and I had been trying to come up with somewhere to ride on sat sooooooo I was thinking you know I bet if I took the cargo box off that piggybacker trailer I could get a couple of coolers strapped on there. Worked like a charm! If you take off the fenders too, you can get 2 - 120 qt coolers on there just right

I rode from blairsville ga to odessa tx it was 1300 miles in 21 hours. I don't know if I will ever do that again.

I’ve done around 700 and it was no match to yours. How long did it take to get rid of the hamburger butt :yikes::yikes::crying::yikes: after that one?

Mark :bowdown:

I did 1024 miles in 23 1/2 hrs......Troy Oh. to Texolla Ok.......with 4 hrs. sleep in Ok City.....then went on to Gallup NM total of 1570 miles in 37 !/2 hrs.......On Goldwing 8 yrs ago......Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 and Bunburner 1500 on same ride......That ride convinced me to switch to Venture......Goldwing was easier to stand up and run high speed for a few miles though......Utopia on my Venture lets me stand on back of floor boards and stay off seat at any speed too. It was harder than you think it is to do......Haul butt for a tank of gas then stretch and drink and bathroom breaks kills your avg.

:Venture: JerryK

My wife and I did the run from Pigeon Forge to Fort Worth straight through a couple of years ago in December, about 1150 miles. I kept asking her when she wanted to stop for the night, but she kept saying she was comfortable and for me to just keep riding as long as I wanted - hell, she never even climbed off to rub her butt when I stopped for gas! I think that run took us almost 18 hours, and we may have been a tad over posted limits here and there.

I've done about five other 1,000+ days on the RSV, the longest being around 1,325. I find the RSV extraordinarily comfortable, and 1,000 mile days on it are actually enjoyable instead of a chore. It's not my favorite way to tour; I usually prefer to cruise the back roads where 300 - 500 miles in a day is great, but when I have a target to get somewhere in a limited amount of time, the RSV is a great way to do it!

Goose

My best is about 750 miles on any given day - even when I was younger (you all know the seats on the Kaws and Honda's in the late 70's were not that comfy). One time I took a boat flotation cusion and strapped in on the seat of a 1000cc Kaw LTD and went from Peoria Illinois to Oregon and back - it helped a little, but not much.

Met an older couple on a GW in the early 80's that watched me peel myself off that Kaw at a rest stop and they introduced me to the "100 + 10" rule. 100 miles and get off for 10 minutes to exercise. The reasoning was to get the blood moving in your butt and legs. He was a doctor and cautioned me that the older we get the easier it is to get blood clots when in a sitting position for long periods of time. Was all I needed to hear and have pretty much done so ever since.

I left Belfast, ME on Friday night heading to Houston, Tx and stopped in Laconia, NH for a couple of hours and rode around NYC and went out Scranton, PA way and checked into a motel just south of Birmingham, AL Sat. night... About 1520 miles... I got up the next morning and got to Houston Sun night with a little cruize through Nawlins... 2202 miles in 2 days...

That was a couple of years ago and I used to be a truck driver and can eat up some miles when I need to... I'm gonna hafta haul some ass to make Leesburg, FL Bikefest... If I stay on schedule I'll finish up in Victorville, CA this Wed afternoon and Bikefest starts Friday.. It's 2502 miles to my Bro's house in Kissimmee...

I'm gonna run I-40 over to Amarillo and drop down 287 into Dallas and I-20... Then I'll drop down out of Shreveport on I-49 to I-10 then I-75.. I'm going this way cuz I went the other way on the way out to CA... The only backtacking I'll be doing is Dallas to Shreveport and I-75 in FL... I'll letcha know how I make out..

Dale did around 1240 or so from our previous home in ohio....to sturgis..i think it was in around 21 hours... it was in 2004.

This was right before he got the Venture.....he rode his kaw out there and back........dont think he'd ride that bike that far ever again.

I know I would never make it, I couldnt stand to ride on that bike for half an hour

he has also rode from here to to albany, ny about 1285 miles in less than 24 hrs.....

1164 Chicago, to 1st Int Ft Collins CO. just over 16 Hours with a few cat naps on the way. Get feeling I can go few hundteds more, but get to destination. Same think way back to Chicago. Double Iron Butt. Make over 600mils this weekend to and from Iowa / Illinois. M&E.