IGNORED

Does any one know

E-Fishin-C

Good question, but is there really an answer?

I know many of us pull trailers, but I never heard of any bike ever having a towing capacity rating.

Who would rate them? Certainly not the manufacturer. They frown on trailers.

I have pulled about 400 lbs behind my RSV without problems.

Trailer I built - Harbor Freight trailer with aluminum tool box weight in around 150lbs? and with fully loaded ice chest and luggage maybe around 300lbs.

My First Gen. pulled it, as if the trailer was empty. No problems what so ever

well i have the rides set up for the st.charles meet and they are going to be awesome. the ride friday may 8th., will be 238 miles, ending at a very good eatery. the ride saturday may the 9th, will be 147 miles, and end at my house for a big bash and barbeque. i rode that one this morning. both these rides will include so many scenic sights i can't begin to list them. it is some of the prettiest country missouri and illinois has to offer. i can't wait. see you all in a month. bill :welcome1::2133:

well i have the rides set up for the st.charles meet and they are going to be awesome. the ride friday may 8th., will be 238 miles, ending at a very good eatery. the ride saturday may the 9th, will be 147 miles, and end at my house for a big bash and barbeque. i rode that one this morning. both these rides will include so many scenic sights i can't begin to list them. it is some of the prettiest country missouri and illinois has to offer. i can't wait. see you all in a month. bill :welcome1::2133:

Does anyone else get that "Thread Hijack" feeling?:stickpoke: :whistling: :rotf:

If I am not mistaken some one here not to long ago had a first gen loaded on a trailer and towed it home with another first gen thats got to be somewhere around a thousand pounds

That would be Muffinman, he doesn't own a car!

It's not the towing capicity that I would think about, it's the stopping and side sway capacity that would be more of a concern. With that said, 1\2 weight would be max, so about 400 lbs, or 600 for some bikes with their riders after a winter of hybernation.

I towed my 86 on a trailer with my 99,and that was not on level roads.:mytruck:

I travel sometimes great distances to get motorcycles I aquire every now and then. Sometimes I de-fluidize the bikes, remove the mirrors and battery, and stuff them in the back of my Suburban (minus the third seat). I've done this with my Rebel and SR500.

Sometimes I use my enclosed 6x10 trailer for larger bikes.

I've often wanted to go get one with my 2nd gen. But I wouldn't want to haul a larger bike the likes of a 1st gen though. Maybe a shorter bike like my XJ650.

My pull behind for my RSV is a jet ski trailer which was narrowed 8" and has an 18 cu.ft. Sears cargo top box bolted to it and a "long tongue". I thought I could just remove the box and cooler, load and strap down my purchased bike on the trailer frame.

Anyway, my point is: I have always been leary of towing a high centered load like a bike on a trailer behind my bike, and would like some input from the bike-towing sages:bowdown: on here 'cause I don't wanna end up bustin' my cheeze all over the highway.:255:

How do you guys tow another bike behind your Ventures?

When I was camping, I pulled around and 400 lbs. on a regular basis.

You do have to be carefull about stopping distance, and watch for the cars moving into your lane when you leave plenty distance between you and the car in front of you. Other cars like that space. Loaded properly so the trailer doesn't sway, I haven't had any problems.

many , many moons ago i pulled other bikes behind me , i built a trailer just

to do it , i sold it to a guy in Co. and i here he still uses it , the trailer had 10

in. tires , 4 in. drop axles , 4 in. drop tongue . on the tongue i welded two eyes

. when i loaded the bike , i pull the front tire off , used the axle to bolt the forks to

the two eyes . i have pulled a yz 100 , 305 dream and a gs 500 and once a 1000

sporty but i pulled the rear tire too .

i have pulled over 700 ibs. with my 1st gen upto 55mph but the stopping was the

hard part . i have learned something the hard way if you are trying to stop a heavy

trailer , make shure the bike is straight in front the trailer it is not a fun feeling having your rear pushed sideways . i think any trailer over 450 lbs should have brakes and have

installed them before on HDs and Wings but problem with elec. brake contral is not enough hands to hit the emer. brake slide when needed .

Thom

I travel sometimes great distances to get motorcycles I aquire every now and then. Sometimes I de-fluidize the bikes, remove the mirrors and battery, and stuff them in the back of my Suburban (minus the third seat). I've done this with my Rebel and SR500.

Sometimes I use my enclosed 6x10 trailer for larger bikes.

I've often wanted to go get one with my 2nd gen. But I wouldn't want to haul a larger bike the likes of a 1st gen though. Maybe a shorter bike like my XJ650.

My pull behind for my RSV is a jet ski trailer which was narrowed 8" and has an 18 cu.ft. Sears cargo top box bolted to it and a "long tongue". I thought I could just remove the box and cooler, load and strap down my purchased bike on the trailer frame.

Anyway, my point is: I have always been leary of towing a high centered load like a bike on a trailer behind my bike, and would like some input from the bike-towing sages:bowdown: on here 'cause I don't wanna end up bustin' my cheeze all over the highway.:255:

How do you guys tow another bike behind your Ventures?