IGNORED

A good salesman at least!

Ivan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-Yamaha-Venture-XVG1200-DELUXE-TOURER-First-1199_W0QQitemZ260389134242QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item260389134242&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

What a description. Almost makes the two pictures worth it. I wish I had an aftermarket chrome radiator cover like that one.:think:

Edited by Ivan
link works now

That's just funny, here is an earlier auction from the same seller, almost looks like the same bike, just the mileage is different: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260357116390

Is it the same bike or is it a scam???

Klaus

Since it is in Las Vegas, Klaus would it not be fun to call this guy :stickpoke:and Play really un-informed about bikes and see just what line of bulls--t he comes up with.

It doesn't cost that much to insert pictures. Using photoshop to hide the bike is a really poor marketing idea. really curious what they are hiding ??
I don't think he 'Shopped it. Looks like a poor camera shooting toward the light from the garage door. That's just glare. (Not to suggest it isn't convenient glare.)

Carbs gummed up after only sitting since August? Mine sat over 3 years, and it runs fine after a few cans of Sea Foam. He doesn't want you to start it, because then you'd find out about the 2nd gear problem. He says it shifts fine thru all 5 gears. It is fast approaching 50k miles, which is where the 2nd gear issue usually shows up.

Wonder why he shows no pics of the rest of the bike?

Since it is in Las Vegas, Klaus would it not be fun to call this guy :stickpoke:and Play really un-informed about bikes and see just what line of bulls--t he comes up with.

Well, I emailed him, he hasn't offered a phone number up yet, but is willing to show me the bike on Tuesday. He states that the bike is not the same one he sold in February, but an identical bike as he owned one and his father owned the other (don't know which is which).

No comment on the 2nd gear issue, I send another email requesting clarification.

I am really not in the market for another bike, but I could take a look and arrange for storage and transportation if somebody on the board is interested.

Klaus

Where's he say it has a 6 speed? Did I miss that part? In the text he says it shifts up through all 5 gears. Maybe the guy just made a typo. I do agree he's pulling someone's leg a little, though.

It also comes with a radar detector mounted above the dash. Tires are both fine and the (Shaft driven) motor is very strong as the bike has ONLY 48k original miles. The transmission shifts smoothly through all 5 gears. Both my father and myself were driving this bike weekly with NO problems

Where's he say it has a 6 speed? Did I miss that part? In the text he says it shifts up through all 5 gears. Maybe the guy just made a typo. I do agree he's pulling someone's leg a little, though.

It also comes with a radar detector mounted above the dash. Tires are both fine and the (Shaft driven) motor is very strong as the bike has ONLY 48k original miles. The transmission shifts smoothly through all 5 gears. Both my father and myself were driving this bike weekly with NO problems

You didn't miss it, someone must have tipped him off. Yesterday somewhere in his "smoke and mirrors" he mentioned it had a 6-speed tranny. :think:

Well, I had some email exchanges with this guy, and I have to say that his responses don't sit very well with me, meaning I would not buy a bike from him.

I mentioned to him that the transmission has only 5 gears and he probably changed it, as the listing now says "revised".

He has been really defensive about the 2nd gear issue, I simply asked if the transmission jumps out of 2nd gear during heavy acceleration or if the issue has been previously addressed. You would assume that he would know, as he owned the bike for 4 years, according to the listing. His response was that I basically had to believe him and that I shouldn't expect too much for the price, in a fairly rude and inappropriate manner.

He ignored the suggestion to at least list the bike correctly as a XVZ1200 or even a XVZ12TK, I am also still not sure if its a Standard or a fully loaded Royale.

Everybody who has ever looked for a carburetor kit from Yamaha will notice that he really does not know what's going on, $150 minus cost of a battery will buy you very few parts from the Yamaha dealer. Also, the Yamaha dealer "near his house" went out of business over 6 month ago, and they refused to work on anything over 5 years old. That and a few other things are a great turn off to me, even if he includes the deer alerts and Anti-theft U-LOCK for free...

Klaus