IGNORED

Seat Bolts

TopV

They are M6 X 1.0 - I bought a package (4) of the nuts at Lowes for 68 cents.

Then when I had Rick Butler do his majic fix to my RSV seat; I bought the Butler Seat Thumb Nuts he makes.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1663/cat/7 > They are great. No wrenches.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

Seat Bolts: Anyone know the size of the nuts that hold the drivers seat in place. Had the bike worked on and it seems they forgot to put them back.

Thanks Joe

Unless they are well tightened, they will vibrate off! (Don't ask how I know) I got replacements at the Yammie dealer for way too much money. The thread is 6mm x 1 but unless you have a long nut, it will be hard to get a wrench on it.

Ross

I lost one last fall. At our True Value store I found some metric "M6" wing nuts. :think: I bent them in a little and now they will not come off with out pressure each time the wing comes past the seat. :clap2: No more lost nuts for me?:whistling: Didn't sound right but you get the picture.:thumbsup2:

Bryan

Ok Guys,

I thought it was more than coincedence after I got 3 e-mails for seat nuts in about a 10 minute time. So I decided to come here to see what was going on....and now I know :hihi:

Rick

You welcome Rick -- I know a good thing when I see/use it. Seat Mod and Nuts :whistling:

MIKE BAILEYaka Uturn

Va Beach

It might NOT be a Good Idea to have the Nuts on the Seat ....

Nuts is the Candy Bar you're talking about, aint you ??

http://www.nestle.de/Home/MarkenProdukte/UnsereProdukte/SchokoladeSuesswaren/Nuts/default.htm

that's exactly what I was referring to in my prev post .... what else could it have been?

:p