IGNORED

Most embaressing biking moment,, I will start.

cowpuc

Yesterday

Went for a nice ride (about 100 miles). It started off with me meeting my friend about 20 miles from my house. when we met up i told him i wanted to stop for gas before we went anywhere. he told me that he would rather get going and push all the old gas out of his tank before we stopped for gas. i was at 3 bars on the guage so i reluctantly agreed. We headed out to the point where my fuel light just kicked on. told he we needed to stop for gas so we pulled over. I pull up to the pump and get off my bike. Just as i get off the bike i realize i left my dang fuel cap key at the house (75+ miles away). So after a little heckling on his part and some rage on mine we start heading back the direction we came from. I only made it 3 more miles before i had to switch to reserve. I only made it about half way back and had to call the wife to bring me the key. She began heckling me as well. Who the heck at yamaha decided to use the bag key for the fuel key as well. Was it to hard to just key the cap like the ignition so you can never forget your key?

Anyway on a side note. Sweet redemption on the hecklers. The baby cried all the way home for the wife and while we were waiting at the gas station my partner decided to check his oil on his harley and pulled the dipstick out and broke it off in his hands (nothing went in the pan). Oh yeah the heckling reversed.

Guest Swifty

I was attending a ride with a bunch of ventureriders, one of my buddies was on a purple 2nd gen, we all meet at a gas station to start the ride, after filling up our tanks the purple 2nd gen wouldn't start, it was very embarrassing for us 1st gen Yamaha aficionados to be associated with that kind of bike, to be seen trying to push start it, to have to leave him behind while he puts it on a trailer.....

:rasberry:

Yesterday

Went for a nice ride (about 100 miles). It started off with me meeting my friend about 20 miles from my house. when we met up i told him i wanted to stop for gas before we went anywhere. he told me that he would rather get going and push all the old gas out of his tank before we stopped for gas. i was at 3 bars on the guage so i reluctantly agreed. We headed out to the point where my fuel light just kicked on. told he we needed to stop for gas so we pulled over. I pull up to the pump and get off my bike. Just as i get off the bike i realize i left my dang fuel cap key at the house (75+ miles away). So after a little heckling on his part and some rage on mine we start heading back the direction we came from. I only made it 3 more miles before i had to switch to reserve. I only made it about half way back and had to call the wife to bring me the key. She began heckling me as well. Who the heck at yamaha decided to use the bag key for the fuel key as well. Was it to hard to just key the cap like the ignition so you can never forget your key?

Anyway on a side note. Sweet redemption on the hecklers. The baby cried all the way home for the wife and while we were waiting at the gas station my partner decided to check his oil on his harley and pulled the dipstick out and broke it off in his hands (nothing went in the pan). Oh yeah the heckling reversed.

What year and model bike do you have? On my Venture the ignition key worked for all the locks... That is until the ignition switch went out and was replaced. Now the ignition switch key is a solo and the other key opens everything else. Sounds like your ignition switch may have been replaced also.

There is a way around this. Get a key blank and have one side cut from one key and the other side cut from the other key. One key just turn it the appropriate direction for the appropriate lock. :thumbsup2:

Well, this is about the best that I can do. LoL

A buddy and I were riding in Vicksburg and for some reason I kept forgetting to downshift. After the third time trying to take off in 3rd I finally looked over at him and said, "Not an automatic, is it?" Of course, it didn't help that he almost fell over laughing at me.

Get a key blank and have one side cut from one key and the other side cut from the other key. One key just turn it the appropriate direction for the appropriate lock.

This is what I did. Works very well.

Was at a stop light last summer. Apparently communication from brain wasn't working. For some reason I thought the kickstand was down so I proceded to lean the bike over and right after I started to do it I realized the kickstand wasn't down and it was too late to keep the bike upright. Still can't figure out why I was even wanting to lean the bike onto the kickstand anyway at a stoplight.

When I burned out my clutch last summer, my bike was pushed by his Harley. We still laugh about it. It actually worked very well. He said he learned how to do it, by spending some time at race tracks. He was on his Harley and I was on the Venture. He just stuck his foot onto my saddlebag rails and went very slowly until we got to the dealership which was about a block away.

Two tears ago I was on my 2003 GL1800 I had and needed to stop at the bank. Didn't want to go in so waited in the very busy drive thru. When it was my turn to to pull up to the space in front of the tube I saw that the pavment had a slight slant to the right. Didn't think nothing of it but what I didn't see was where a car had set there leaking fluid. Came to a stop, put my feet down and right foot hit fluid and slipped out from under me. So with the bike laying on the crash bars I put the kickstand down, went around to the right side of the bike and picked it up. But with the slant and the aftermarket chrome kickstand I had the bike would not stay upright on the stand. I tried to push the bike forward but because of the fluid I'm now standing in I couldn't get traction to push a 900lb bike. Thanks to another biker who jumped out of his car we pushed the bike to a level spot. I got on and rode to another bank.

Riding Tale of the Dragon ,from No. to So., pulling a heavy camping tralor. About a mile in the clutch slave cratered and I was hung in 3rd. Interesting ride. Clunkity chugged into Deal Gap and to the applause of about 20 H/d-Wing-BMW and rocket riders :happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65:DROPPED IT

I don't get to tell this one around my house to often...or I get swatted by Jean!:doh:

Had a day ride planned with myself and Jean on our Honda V65 Magna, another friend with a V65 Magna, our good friend with a Harley who was very boastful and the nephew of the other V65 owner with his new to him Kawasaki 750 "crotch rocket". We were headed thru town to begin a ride thru the mountains around State College Pa. (very nice riding area). As the group went from stoplight to stoplight thru town, the Harley and Kawi Crotch rocket were in front, side by side and would rev it up at every light, I just knew it was a matter of time before they would "drop the hammer". When we came to the light at the center of town, sure enough, the light turned green, and the Harley dropped the hammer , and the kid on the Kawi stalled his bike and dropped it at the light! Well, not wanting to listen to our boastful friend with the Harley tell the tale of how he bested a "Jap Bike" at our next "refreshment" stop, I swung MY V65 Magna around the grounded Kawi and proceeded to wind the tach up to the 10 grand red line on the bike. What I had forgotten about was the fact that Jean was on the back, lookie-looing around at the light and had NO IDEA at all that we would be breaking the sound barrier in the very near future! When I hit second gear, Jean flew back against the sissy bar (thank God it was there!), and the front end of the bike lifted up into one of the scariest wheelies I have ever performed in my entire life! I slipped third gear, on one wheel, and caught the Harley half way thru third, still on one wheel, and proceeded to shift to forth, Jean regained her composure, and the front wheel returned to the pavement. At this time, I ran thru the last two gears, and the Harley pretty much "ate my dust". As soon as I got to the light, Jean slapped the back of my helmet,:doh: just to remind me that she was there, and I better not do that again...EVER! When our Harley buddy finally caught up with Jean and I at the next light, he yelled over, It's bad enough that you "blew my doors off" but did you have to ride by me on one wheel as well!!! Well, needless to say, I had to buy the first round of refreshments when we finally stopped...even though I beat that Harley! :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Who wodda' thought! :confused24:

Earl and Jean

As soon as I got to the light, Jean slapped the back of my helmet,:doh: just to remind me that she was there, and I better not do that again...EVER!

Hey Earl - my wife is the SAME WAY,,,, just cant learn to be thankful hahaha!! I mean really,,, your wife gets to whoop on a youngen on a Crotch Rocket and RIP A HARLEY like its standing still all while getting a GREAT view of the sky and then you buy afterwards.... I tell ya bother,, its really hard to figure them ladies sometimes!!!

As Red Green would say "I can change, if I have to, I guess..".. :thumbsup2:

'Puc

Mine happened when I was in High School.

I bought a Husqvarna 250 dirt bike. I was really proud of the bike so I took over to the local Dairy Queen where all us kids used to hang out.

I decided to pop a wheelie to show off and I slid off the seat. I was still holding on to the throttle and chasing the bike that was going faster and faster. I finally had to let go and watch the bike crash.

Yea, my friends were impressed. :doh:

I could tell several stories but will just add this one for now. I was living in Duncanville, TX. I was riding the '86 Harely FXRD at the time. Needed to make a quick trip to the store one day so just slip on a pair of tennis shoes and headed out. I don't remember the name of the intersection but it was a major one with a LOT of traffic that time of the day. I pulled up to the redlight and waited until the very last minute to put my feet down. Yep...the shoe laces on my left shoe were wrapped around the shift lever. I fell over like Arti on the tricycle on the old Laugh In TV show. Big cool biker on a Harley.......I REFUSED to look at anybody in all the cars around me.

I was 15 days into a motorcycle camping trip on a Suzuki GSX1100F Katana with 3 Givi bags, plus other stuff such as cooler, tent, stove, you get the idea. I was tired that day and stopped to fuel up and did not get the kickstand all the way down before lowering the bike and WHAM it fell over part way trapping me between the bike and gas pump. I was in a postion with no leaverage and finally someone helped me get it off me.