IGNORED

Night riding on the interstates -- what's the big deal?

Dave77459

I don't ride the breeze way unless I am in a big hurry although at night its not bad you get out there at 3 am and no traffic plus the cops are all at the coffee shop getting there caffeine and sugar fix bragging about the drunk they nabbed

and it really frees up the lanes to triple digits with no traffic from were i live to the far north:smile5:

Just kidding but i do love to ride at night very relaxing

Dray

Super slabs I don't mind riding at night...

back roads however give me the "heebie-jeebies", because of deer..

Yes, deer can be on the super slabs too, but more often on back roads..

I did see a deer on the ride home. He grazed 20' off the shoulder until he was at my 2 o'clock, then lifted his head to see what strange noise was passing. That was a nice shot of adrenaline. :)

Many have mentioned slowing down and enjoying. Our freeway speed limit on that section is 70 during the day and 65 at night. I *might* have considerably exceeded that during the day, but didn't feel so much desire to do so at night. Why should I speed so much when I am looking at stars?

for extra visibality, put on a high visibialty vest, like they wear at construciton sites...

The hardcore, black leather only wearing bikers will laugh at it, but if it gets you home alive, I am all for it!!!!!!!

Here is the idea:

http://www.duckol.com/uploadFiles/upimg11/High-Visibility-Vest-Reflective-Vest-Safety-Vest--.jpg

We Vmax Riders had a really good Time making Fun about those Vest-wearing Folks on their fairly overpowered BMW's...

You know our Motto here's "in Boost we thrust", refering to the V-Boost on the Vmax. A Friend of mine got such a Vest given to him at a Meeting.

The Embroidery said " In Warn Vest we thrust" ...

Guest Lightnen

I too love to ride at night, have riden here in southern Ontario on the super slab alot at night and never give it a second thought. But mostly concerned with the drunks that are on the roads more than deer. So I keep an eye out for both.

I've seen a lot more deer in my travels south of the boarder along the super slobs either there are more deer in the states or the deer up here in ontario don't move around that much at night.. LOL

Lightnen

I too love to ride at night, have riden here in southern Ontario on the super slab alot at night and never give it a second thought. But mostly concerned with the drunks that are on the roads more than deer. So I keep an eye out for both.

I've seen a lot more deer in my travels south of the boarder along the super slobs either there are more deer in the states or the deer up here in ontario don't move around that much at night.. LOL

Lightnen

Down here in the south around Atlanta, Ga. we don't call the interstates super slabs we call them parking lots.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::hihi:

Just had cataract surgery on both eyes, what a difference! All those cars that were driving around with really dim lights now have really bright ones, on the down side the deer population seems to have tripled.

I love riding at night. You have to watch for Bambi and drunks but it is great.

I do a lot of night riding especially when coming home from work. It sure is very relaxing and much less traffic around you. As you all know and must be aware, watch out for the deer population and small animals.

LED lighting is the way to go to light up the night. Ride safe.