IGNORED

Where are you planning to travel this summer?

Yama Mama

I am hoping to make Pork in the Pines, but the timing might not be any good with work. Other than that I would like to do a bit of riding with with some local members.

DO ya think we should have a saskatchewan meet and greet when the snow finally disappears?

Brian

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading out to Yellowstone July 16 for abort two weeks plus, First trip this spring will be to Charleston, will camp one nite on the way down, stay at a friends 2 days then camp one day on the way back. I'm sure we will ride the blue ridges some, were so close and it is some fine riding

How long does your summer last up there? Winter's too long here, and its only 3-4 month long.

I dunno about saddlebum, but around here most guys put the bikes away mid nov and last year i was riding on Mar 15. BUT, theres no way Mar15th is gonna happen this year for biking as its been the coldest snowiest winter for 20 years up here( about an hours drive north of the ND and MT borders).

Brian

just got my RSV. Hope to complete all I've planned.

Myrtle Beach bike week, all week

Rolling thunder in washington 4 days

americade 4 days

laconia 3 day

gettysburg 3 days

and anything else that comes my way,

camping makes this posible at a fraction of the cost:mo money:

This is where Im going to be the entire summer:fishin::fishin::fishin::fishin::fishin:

WOW!!!

Charlie you get a new Plane? Way cool:thumbsup2:

Every time i have made plans to go some where things happen and i end up having to stay home so this year I have penciled me in every weekend to just stay HOME!!!

this way ill have to go someplace that i Don't Want To!!!:whistling:

just got my RSV. Hope to complete all I've planned.

Myrtle Beach bike week, all week

Rolling thunder in washington 4 days

americade 4 days

laconia 3 day

gettysburg 3 days

and anything else that comes my way,

camping makes this posible at a fraction of the cost:mo money:

You can scratch Myrtle Beach bike week off your list Myrtle Beach is not biker friendly anymore and I have heard they have canceled bike week.:no-no-no:

Our "BIG" trip this year will be to visit some old Military friends in Plattsburgh,NY. From there we are heading to Maine...................for a LOBSTER!!!!! Then down the East coast and back home. We will be doing at least one "SHORT" trip this year.......3 -4 day trip AROUND Lake Michigan!!! Stopping at Mackinaw Island.....and various other sites!!! CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to the Kootenay Venture Ride in Nelson BC.

The Osoyoos BC Get together.

The Flat Lander Ride in in Russel MB.

A trip to Northern Vancouver Island BC.

A Trip to Dawson Creek BC.

Other than that some local rides.

Some in Washington State.

Johnny & Renee

:thumbsup: :Venture:

Right now we're planning:

April - Thunder Over Louisville

May - Memorial Day weekend in Kentucky

June - Don's MD

August - International rally

Plus a lot of weekend riding in Indiana and Michigan, probably involving some camping with the camper we bought last year.

the other half and I are planning on leaving canada the last week of may. the plans are:

- mt. Rushmore

- yellowstone park

- a little riding in the Dakotas and Montana

- up into Calgary

- north through the Rocky mts. hope to spend some time in Banff and Lake Louise

- into the yukon

- ferries have been booked to take us into Alaska for about a week

- back down through B.C into the U.S again

- ending up at the international rally at the hub

hopefully by september, our butts will still be able to get on and ride for a few more trips.

CAN'T WAIT:sign woo hoo:

Mrs. Halfwitt and I will be taking some day trips and maybe an overnighter or two but our vacation time is going to be spent going on college visits. My soon to be 17 yo twins are searching for their institutions of higher learning. Then the next four years we will have college bills. So - our next major bike trip should be 2013!

Diane and I have few rides this summer :7_2_104[1]:

Marcarl's Annual Venture-in / Brantford, Ontario

Freebird's Maintenance Day / Oberlin, OH

The Skid-In Gasaway / West Virginia

Blue Ridge Park Way Ride (3 nights on the mountain)

Tail of the Dragon Vogel IV / Blairsville GA

Devils Triangle +36° 2' 50.90" -84° 20' 49.27"

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/DevilsTriangle/DevilsTriangle.html

http://tailofthedragon.com/maps_devilstriangle.html

Cherohala Skyway

Telico Plains TN

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/cherohala.html

Cumberland Gap

Skyland Road and the Pinnacle Overlook (visitor center)

http://www.nps.gov/cuga/planyourvisit/gettingaround.htm

The Wheels Through Time Museum Maggie Valley (if It is open)

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com

Dragon Deals Gap

US 129 Tennessee

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

:2133::sun:

Edited by Al Bates

I think that would be a great idea!! Have you got a when and where in mind?

I am thinking mid to late may but no location yet, I was just kinda on a fact finding mission. I think location is gonna depend on everyone interested locations. Maybe ill do up a new thread to catch everyones attention.

Brian

Our first trip this year was last week to Puerto Vallarta, 7 very hot days laying by the pool, walking the beach and drinking way to much beer.

Going to MD in June.

July 12th a group of us are heading out to the East coast...Halifax, Lunenburg....for the Tall Ships, we also are going to do The Cabot Trail, which I can't wait for. Will have to be back before the 29th for my grandson's birthday.

Hope to head down to Akansas on the 2nd or 3rd of Aug for the Rally and would like to do the Dragon on the way back. If I can't get there for that I'll probably do The 911 Ride on the 20th to 22nd of Aug.

Ian

Our first trip this year was last week to Puerto Vallarta, 7 very hot days laying by the pool, walking the beach and drinking way to much beer.

Going to MD in June.

July 12th a group of us are heading out to the East coast...Halifax, Lunenburg....for the Tall Ships, we also are going to do The Cabot Trail, which I can't wait for. Will have to be back before the 29th for my grandson's birthday.

Hope to head down to Akansas on the 2nd or 3rd of Aug for the Rally and would like to do the Dragon on the way back. If I can't get there for that I'll probably do The 911 Ride on the 20th to 22nd of Aug.

Ian

Youll love the ride from Halifax to Lunenburg, I caged it via peggys cove last year, a long way around but worth it. But if youre going to be in Lunenburg very long, practice your hill parking and driving before you get there, some of the streets are pretty steep getting close to the waterfront. Enjoy!!

Brian

We are going to Gatlinburg in May together and hit the Tail of the Dragon. I will be riding to southern KY on business a few times. I also hope to ride to Niagra falls and then on to Barrie, ON. I hope to have a busy riding season this year.

July 4 we are considering going to Chicago.