IGNORED

Some blasts from my past...

1BigDog

I had a `64 Chevelle Malibu with a 350LT1 30 over, 202alum. slant plugs, B&M 3500stall T400 Trany, Stock rearend gears...that baby would run... We had a straight stretch of hiway around 30 miles wwwhhhhhooooaaaaa...... I`m pretty sure the tires wern`t rated for what I was running, I have one pic, just need to scan it. man I wish I still had that car..

I had almost that same drive train in a '71 Super Cheyenne truck. Loved that truck and wish I had it back. It also had hooker headers, 650 Holley and shift kit. 350 bored to 383, 202 straight port heads, aluminum medium high rise intake. Sort of hard to tell with this picture but it was a short/wide bed. It also had the factory tilt wheel and factory tach in the dash.

Thats a nice truck, my Dad had a `72 4x4 didn`t sit much higher then yours, really a nice truck, he gave it to me when he past, but it was in MT. and I`m in TX, no good way or time to get it down here, so I just let his wife do what ever with it.. she needed it more then I did any way... oh well...

I had almost that same drive train in a '71 Super Cheyenne truck. Loved that truck and wish I had it back. It also had hooker headers, 650 Holley and shift kit. 350 bored to 383, 202 straight port heads, aluminum medium high rise intake. Sort of hard to tell with this picture but it was a short/wide bed. It also had the factory tilt wheel and factory tach in the dash.

Love that Capri.....

My 66, the black one had a base 350 LT-1, 30 over with 11.5:1 compression, 540 lift solid lifter cam, angle plug turbo heads which were factory ported with 2.02 valves, no heat risers and seats were cut for oversize valve springs from the factory. Original Tarantula manifold, Hooker headers, Full modified 750 double pumper, Cloyes roller chain, Lakewood shield, custom built (locally) pressure plate and disc. Custom built radiator with extra colling rows. Moroso posi unit with 5:14 gears. Front coils were compressed and heated 2" lower. Pushed close to 500 hp.

Interior had tuck and roll leather seats and side panels. Paint was base black with 3 shades of pearl fade and mirra flake dusted over the black. Yep, painted it myself way back then. Monza headlights rounded out the front. Ran 12.05 at NY national Speedway and was my daily driver.....can you say Sunoco 260 @ $.49 a gallon????

Jeans 66 had a 350-350 with Crane hydraulic cam, Torker manifold and a 750 dbl pumper, headers, 4:11 rear, dynamite sound system and a roll bar.

Ran 13.50 at the track.

Yep, sure wish I had them now.........:mo money:

Long hair and bell bottoms...those were the days. I still miss my hair, although I'm lucky and still have it. I had a 69 Grand Prix with a 455 and 4.10/posi. Wonder I didn't wrap it around a tree the next owner did in a week.

:2132: were watching out for me.

Now that was a Beast !!!

Love that Capri.....

My 66, the black one had a base 350 LT-1, 30 over with 11.5:1 compression, 540 lift solid lifter cam, angle plug turbo heads which were factory ported with 2.02 valves, no heat risers and seats were cut for oversize valve springs from the factory. Original Tarantula manifold, Hooker headers, Full modified 750 double pumper, Cloyes roller chain, Lakewood shield, custom built (locally) pressure plate and disc. Custom built radiator with extra colling rows. Moroso posi unit with 5:14 gears. Front coils were compressed and heated 2" lower. Pushed close to 500 hp.

Interior had tuck and roll leather seats and side panels. Paint was base black with 3 shades of pearl fade and mirra flake dusted over the black. Yep, painted it myself way back then. Monza headlights rounded out the front. Ran 12.05 at NY national Speedway and was my daily driver.....can you say Sunoco 260 @ $.49 a gallon????

Jeans 66 had a 350-350 with Crane hydraulic cam, Torker manifold and a 750 dbl pumper, headers, 4:11 rear, dynamite sound system and a roll bar.

Ran 13.50 at the track.

Yep, sure wish I had them now.........:mo money:

You are all bringing back those youthful memories.

I bought a 64 Chevelle SS convertable (before graduating high school) it came with a 327 CI, 300 HP, Muncie 4spd. That lasted until the GTO came out and I put in a thunderstick cam with dual quad Rochesters and 411 gears. I could eat any GTO around.

It's good to hear the gearheads talking...

My favorite car was a '67 Barracuda fastback, it was a formula S model with a 340 and tri power, Muncie 4 speed and a Lakewood scatter shield, Dana 410 rear end and was a handful to say the least. My best at the strip was an 11.9 I still cry when I think about that car :bawling:

67 Tempest, 68 Buick Gran Sport convertible with the wedge motor, 67 Satellite w/ 383, 65 Corvair Monza Corsa with custom heads (6 top draft webers! 230 bhp) built by my high school science teacher and would only sell it to me, 65 Mustang (nothing special except the rust!).

Friends cars we worked on:

69 Mach 1 Fastback w/ 429 SCJ, headers, intake and double pumper, roller cam, solid lifters, roller rockers, tubbed frame with HUGE tires to fill up the wheel wells.

69 Charger 440- motor massaged, blueprinted, etc. Neighbor that owned it wrapped it around a pole a week after we got that one done!

Right now my brother has a 69 Firebird 400 convertible torn apart in his garage (for 15 years now!) #'s matching, new interior and top, just needs to get off his a** and put it back together. His quote: "Ain't puttin' any more miles on it just now"! BTW, has 11,000 ORIGINAL miles on it!

Just a few from the past, could keep going forever!

Dan

I really wished that I had half of the cars that I have owned in my lifetime. I had a 65 plymouth sport fury with the 383 4bbl. It was stolen while I was rebuilding the chevelle. The car needed some body work but the interior was mint. Lets see...71 skylark, 69, 71 caddy coupe devilles, 71 buick 225, 67 dodge coronet, 71 econoline van with the custom windows, Almost bought a 74 Eldo convertable but passed at the last minute, 75 camaro, 81 chevette (closest thing to a vette ill ever own), 76 grand prix, a real rat ride. 78 aspen station wagon, 77 chevelle S/W. Im sure there were other less memorable cars but my memory is all pooped out.

I like the Honda 750 in your last picture. That in-line four cylinder engine took me all over the island of Oahu - several times. I shipped it back to San Francisco and traveled to Texas on it, loaded, two up. Never gave a hint of a problem. Nothng failed. Honda CB-750 K4. Those were the days.