IGNORED

Why is she still driving?

Sailor

Up here in Canada we are real tough on drivers. In today's (Feb 28) Victoria Times Colonist newspaper. Jodee Hanson 42, was found not guilty of dangerous driving causing the death of a motorcyclist and not guilty of dangerous driving causing bodily harm to the motorcycle passenger, who required surgery and missed several weeks of work. Instead she pled guilty to driving without due care and attention. She got a $1500 fine and a four month suspension of her driving license. All she did was tailgate a minivan, pull out across a double solid line, cut a corner and kill a motorcyclist. The kicker is that she has had 18 driving convictions including 10 moving violations and 7 speeding tickets. One of the violations occurred after the accident. Four months before the accident she was pulled over for speeding in a school zone. She has also been in 9 accidents.

She is the community relations representative for McDonald's restaurants in Victoria.

She turned on the tears in court and said the accident had a major impact on her..... awww....poor baby!

She got a $1500 fine and a four month suspension of her driving license.

I sure don't see that as being a tough sentence for taking a life plus causing injury to an innocent MC passenger! Of course our justice system here in the States is deplorable as well when it comes to these situations as well.

Boomer........who firmly believes that tarring and feathering is a good starting point for idiots who drive with their heads in their armpits.

Not sure if it is available in the US but there is a show on called Canada,s worst driver. If you want a good scare, watch it. I used to think it was somewhat funny but when I think of how bad these people really are at the easy things like changing lanes or even backing up its a wonder they even have a licence. The one thing that stands out with alot of them seems to be a bad attitude. Be carefull out there guys.

I sure don't see that as being a tough sentence for taking a life plus causing injury to an innocent MC passenger! .

I think Sailor was being "snarky" .... but the truth is, our justice system sucks when it comes to doleing out punishment for just about anything.

That person should have had her driver's license taken away for at least 5 years and been forced to pay a fine many times more than what she got IMHO.

My father in-law is 85, has Alzhiemer's so bad he can't figure out the remote TV control and sometimes forgets where his bathroom is in a house he has lived in for 10 years. The State of Arizona just renewed his license for 6 more years with only an eye test.

It just goes to show what happens when most of our politians are lawyers, and bleeding heart liberals to boot. She should have done jail time, no plea bargains, a life was taken. It sickens me that criminals have more rights than the victims!

Here is were the trouble lie's . All you people think we have a justice system (this goes for both Canada and the USA) We don't . What we have is a legal system. The difference being that the verdicit and resulting punishment can be influenced by (a) wealth, (b) who you know or © who you are.True Justice does not enter the picture.

Here is were the trouble lie's . All you people think we have a justice system (this goes for both Canada and the USA) We don't . What we have is a legal system. The difference being that the verdicit and resulting punishment can be influenced by (a) wealth, (b) who you know or © who you are.True Justice does not enter the picture.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Originally Posted by saddlebum viewpost.gif

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

I've been saying similar for years. All because it's "law", dosen't make it "just".

"The law is an ass" I don't know if you are familiar with the expression but it comes from long ago England, Edinburgh, I believe.

At that time wealth was displayed by the number of horses you had pulling your carriage. The wealthiest had 6 horses. The merchant class began to rise and became wealthy but they were not upper class. A law was passed stating that only a peer of the realm could have 6 horses pulling his carriage. A wealthy merchant showed his disdain by having his pulled by 5 horses and an ass. There was nothing they could do about it. The law was an ass.

Has anyone sent that information to McDonald's Restaurants letting them know that this information has been posted on the internet and that the current web site that this information has been posted on is a highly regarded international motorcycle web site with a few thousand members who just may take it upon themselves to as a show of solitary and plan an international drive through on a given day this summer?

Imagine thousands of bikers all hitting different McDonald's restaurants at the same time of day and just driving through nothing else and just think if everyone asked their fellow riders to join them, wild thought isn't it. Now imagine 25 / 50 / 100 bikers driving through, I do believe they would get the message. Not that it is their fault but just that they allow someone like this to be in a high level of their organization or in their organization at all.

I mean hey we could all go to Burger King afterwords. As you can tell this stuff drives me nuts because the person who did this does not care that they killed someone, people like this will always get away with it and the proof is in the verdict / verdicts handed down to date to this person.

It just goes to show what happens when most of our politians are lawyers, and bleeding heart liberals to boot. She should have done jail time, no plea bargains, a life was taken. It sickens me that criminals have more rights than the victims!

But she cried and she's sorry. Isn't that good enough? Are you so cold hearted that you'll condemn her for life?

Ok, now that I go my Liberal side out of me, FRY HER!

"The law is an ass" I don't know if you are familiar with the expression but it comes from long ago England, Edinburgh, I believe.

At that time wealth was displayed by the number of horses you had pulling your carriage. The wealthiest had 6 horses. The merchant class began to rise and became wealthy but they were not upper class. A law was passed stating that only a peer of the realm could have 6 horses pulling his carriage. A wealthy merchant showed his disdain by having his pulled by 5 horses and an ass. There was nothing they could do about it. The law was an ass.

Sounds like something that I've done. LOL:rotfl:

Par for the course......A few years ago in Winnipeg one of our own (sporting a football bike (crotch rocket)) decided to continue his practice of drinking and riding (11th or 12th conviction) - lead police on a high speed chase at speeds of 200kph and greater - hit an elderly women broadside - killed her - walked away and recieved a conditional sentence of 2 yrs less a day.

Less than a month later he had another crotch rocket and was picked up for impaired again.

This truely is a legal vice judicial society we live in.:mad::mad::mad::think:

Ok good now what month and day do we do this on. I'm all for it and I’m sure a lot of the folks I ride with will be more than willing to join in. As for the guy with the rice rocket he should never be allowed to drive again car or bike and the jail time he should be serving but I won't get into that but check out check out this thread

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19526

But once again it's not what you did but what you can afford to pay to get out of it.