IGNORED

HD pipes

rod

I made a contact with a local HD dealer and am going to make a deal on the Road King/Road Glide pipes. How many people here would like a set? I can get as many as needed and will give them for what it cost +shipping. I can have his set for buying him breakfast the rest we will deal but not more than $40.00 US. He has 2 pallets full and said he would be happy to get rid of them. We are giong to Mexico camping this weekend so will check when we get back. Rod

Mine were free because he wanted to get rid of them too. $40 sounds a bit much cause I bet he didn't give the people that left them anything when he put after market pipes on their bikes. Eventually he'll just chuck them to get rid of them.

Mine were free because he wanted to get rid of them too. $40 sounds a bit much cause I bet he didn't give the people that left them anything when he put after market pipes on their bikes. Eventually he'll just chuck them to get rid of them.

Gary, did you get your's south of the border or up here somewhere?

What's the deal with these harley throw away pipes?

My brother-in-law is giving me a set off of his 06, and friends are telling me that the first thing a harley guy does is dump these mufflers. They seem to laying around everywhere. They must take them off for a reason, right?

They certainly are not good looking, that's for sure, so why do the rsv's want them, just for sound?

I might put them on for a bit just to see what they sound like, but the traditional VR mufflers have a good look to them.

Just wondering,

Steve

Gary, did you get your's south of the border or up here somewhere?

Rick, got them here in Penticton. Its a private shop that does 99% of his business with Harleys. But I get a few things from him and buy my tires there. Best tire prices and other stuff I can find around here and I trust this fellow 100%.

Eagleeye, the HD crowd want pipes louder than their stock one, plain and simple.

As far as looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You like the stock RSV pipes and I hate the looks of them. Isn't variety and all our different opinions what makes the world interesting.

My brother-in-law is giving me a set off of his 06, and friends are telling me that the first thing a harley guy does is dump these mufflers. They seem to laying around everywhere. They must take them off for a reason, right?

They certainly are not good looking, that's for sure, so why do the rsv's want them, just for sound?

I might put them on for a bit just to see what they sound like, but the traditional VR mufflers have a good look to them.

Just wondering,

Steve

Steve,

The sound is one of the biggest things as you can drill them out quite easily for a nice bark when you get into the throttle. I personally like them better than the stock pipes as the slash cuts match the angle of the rear saddlebags perfectly.

I have never been a fan of the 1st gen mufflers looks, they're ok but nothing that I go crazy about. These H/D pipes are much better looking on the RSV's as they are a nice fat look. I think they flow better with the lines of the RSV...just my .02

Just wondering,

Steve

That "Harley Davidson sound" doesn't come stock. To improve performance or get that louder sound they change pipes. I had an ACE1100 with Bubs Big Willies and I sounded more HD than my buddy did with his stock RK pipes. I'd ask him if his was running.

Your are right, they do have a catalytic converter in one of them and my good old brother-in-law punched it out. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

In two weeks I'm stopping by his place in NE, on the way out to the salt flats, and I'll check them out, but I'm sure they will work. He will UPS them to me if I want.

Steve

Guest cyote61
He has two pallets full and wants to get rid of them - $40 is getting greedy! There is a local Harley dealer in Fort Worth who sells them for $10. I'd suggest he get realistic.

Goose

I'm wondering if these are the same HD pipes I've heard refered to as "bulbs". Or have I got the spelling wrong. There seem to be several people around my area using them on RSV's. Also said they punched out the baffels before installing them.:)

Are the Harley Ultra Classic pipes the same as the Road King/Road Glide?

My brother as 2 sets of pipes from his Ultra, 1 original set in the box and another set that just weren't loud enough :rotf:, that he is willing to let me have.

Thanks,

Mark

Guest Old Iron Rider
Are the Harley Ultra Classic pipes the same as the Road King/Road Glide?

My brother as 2 sets of pipes from his Ultra, 1 original set in the box and another set that just weren't loud enough :rotf:, that he is willing to let me have.

Thanks,

Mark

from 1999 on the Ultra, Glide, and Road King all share the same frame. Therefore the same bolt holes for the pipes.