IGNORED

Somebody got a great deal

FreezyRider

I got a quote from the local dealer for an 09 red black for $16,200 OTD.

Prices have come down.

And there is solid proof of why buying a brand new vehicle is normally financial suicide. If you do the math, you'll see that the first year depreciation is $5100!!! That's a lot of money for one year of extra warranty!

Of course, there are times that we all just want the pleasure of owning something brand-spanking new. If that's what someone wants, more power to them! But for me, the thought of losing $5k in depreciated value after just one year would be enough to kill any potential enjoyment of the ride.

But that's just me....

Joe

And there is solid proof of why buying a brand new vehicle is normally financial suicide. If you do the math, you'll see that the first year depreciation is $5100!!! That's a lot of money for one year of extra warranty!

Of course, there are times that we all just want the pleasure of owning something brand-spanking new. If that's what someone wants, more power to them! But for me, the thought of losing $5k in depreciated value after just one year would be enough to kill any potential enjoyment of the ride.

But that's just me....

Joe

I fully agree with you Joe. Bought my 06 Venture USED with only 400 miles on it. Got a great deal too.

Boomer......the spendthrift.

But that's just me....

Joe

But it's not always Depreciation ...

As we found out the last Days, the MSRP for the new Vmax in the Netherlands was 22,990.00 Euro. Last Week they re-opened the Reservation Page, and the Price on that Page went up to 25,990.00 Euro for the 2010 Model.

At first we joked about a Typo or they bought too much Vmaxxes (the alloted Number was 50 Bikes and they got 10 Bikes extra from somewhere else because they where sold out early), but then we started to inquire this.

Those Netherlands Sources pulled some Strings to the Yamaha Netherlands, which is in the same Building as Yamaha Europe and got answered. ... "The MSRP in all european Countries will be raised on all Yamaha Motorcycles".

That's 13 Percent Price increase.

I guess i was lucky, i have the Bike now and not in 2010 and it will maintain a better Price for the next Years.

According to Kelly Blue Book online the price of $12705 is for a bike with average mileage which would be 5,300, so to me $11,100 is a fair price but maybe a little high considering the bike has an extra 5,200 miles on it.

NADA online lists the 2008 RSV from $11,195 to $14,730.

BTW, did you note the scratches on the trunk, saddle bag, finder and the marks on the windshield? They are the last four photos in the list

I fully agree with you Joe. Bought my 06 Venture USED with only 400 miles on it. Got a great deal too.

Boomer......the spendthrift.

Got my 06 last August with 4600 miles on her and a bunch of goodies to go with. A great deal for me as a couple of other members waited too long on the fence.....right Joe?

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

But that's just me....

Joe

or, if you're lucky enuf to get one like I did (an '06) with only 1300 KILOMETERS on it, you basically have a brand new bike. The PO bought it in '07 and then had no time to ride it ... essentially, it had only been "in service" for a bit over a year by the time I got it last Nov.

Got my 06 last August with 4600 miles on her and a bunch of goodies to go with. A great deal for me as a couple of other members waited too long on the fence.....right Joe?

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Thanks for the reminder, Kevin! I had forgotten all about that. NOT!!!

:scorched::scorched::scorched::scorched:

I-90 Yamaha, Issaquah, Wa. on there web site, is showing a New 06 RSTD,

for $10,499.00 . And there would be $500. shipping and set up on that.

Ok I was over there about 3 months ago, and looked at this bike, it is New. and color is Raven ( black ).

At that time the fellow quoted me $12,400.00 plus $500 set up, and sales tax , which is 9 precent in Wa. State.

Very tempting. ( But ??? )

Anyway, if anybody in the general area is interested ---- ???

Bought mine brand spankin new, as a carry over so I got a good deal as well, not near what others here got but it was just one of them just had to have new times. Who knows what gets in our minds, saw my baby and had to have her, ya know???:confused24:

I bought my 08 cheaper than I could get a carry over 07 and a 06 I found, plus I looked at alot of used stuff and for only a 2 or 3k diffrence and them being 3 to 5yrs older I didnt see any advantage, now that being said the market has changed and its a buyers market more now and better deals on the used stuff.