IGNORED

Ebay Carb. Diaphragm Replacement!

Squeeze mentioned that I had been to the Keyster site. The URL is www.keyster.de and the link to the page about first gens is http://www.motorradbay.de/main/honda.php?kat=yamaha&best_nr=&modell=xvz1200

This includes the slider, so I assume the price is for one (about $60?). For other models the diaphragm only price is Euro 11.90.

When I contacted them about bits last year they didn't seem helpful about anything not specifically listed on their inventory. Unfortunately when I was nearby (relatively speaking) last August I didn't manage to drop by.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. My diaphragms have some small holes I've repaired with liquid plastic, so I'd be interested in good cheap replacements too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been emailing them back and forth to verify the fitment of their "SD-1" diaphragms to the 1983 Venture. and they just emailed me after checking the dimensions I sent them off my carbs.

They are in fact correct for the 83 carbs as well. If you put these on your sliders they will fit correctly. the Sliders may be different but the rubber diaphragms are the same.

Tim-

Be careful here. I checked with the manufacture of the Keyster diaphragm. They state that the measurements are 74mm O.D. by 28mm I.D. and do not fit the Venture. The eBay Canada site for SiriusConInc. lists the SD1 as being 72mm O.D. by 28mm I.D. and does not have the Venture listed as taking the SD1 kit. The eBay U.S. seller, MotoAllParts lists the Venture diaphragm he sells as being 72mm O.D. by 30mm I.D. The only ones that have been reported on thus far are the ones from MotoAllParts. They may indeed all come back to the same manufacturer. And, they may all fit fairly well. However, An incorrect O.D. will cause the needle to sit in its seat either too shallow or too deep. An incorrect I.D. may cause the slide to become off-centered in the bore.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/YAMAHA-XS650-XJ900-XS750-XS1100-CARB-SLIDE-DIAPHRAGM_W0QQitemZ220348980562QQihZ012QQcategoryZ35597QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DIAPHRAGM-YAMAHA-XV535-VIRAGO-XVZ12-XVZ13-VENTURE-ROYAL_W0QQitemZ270342324033QQihZ017QQcategoryZ35597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Excerpt of an e-mail from Japan:

Dear Joe,ffice:office" />

Your msg has been passed to us since we are an export agent of Keyster carb kits & parts for SCI who is our distributor in USA/Canada market.

We have now piston diaphragm - SD1 and SD2 only.

SD1 O/D I/D 74 mm x 28 mm

SD2 72 mm x 26 mm

Our SD1 is for XS650/1100, XJ900 not for V-MAX, XVZ12/13.

I will discuss with xxxxxxxxxx . If you think that great demand for these models could be expected, pls ask xxxxxxxxx to make the new piston diaphragm for these models.

Regards

M. Yoshisaka

Nagoya Trading Machinery Co., Ltd.

Osaka, Japan.

Respectfully submitted,

JB

Guest ReinyRooster

Alright...alright...I live in Kitchener and will investigate with Sirius what sort of volume price we could get for a large order. Will post as soon as I hear back.

O.K....I've fired off an email to Sirius....it's a holiday today so I probably won't hear anything back before tomorrow, at the earliest. I'll keep you posted.

Edited by ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

I have already rec'd an email back from Sirius and the gentleman said: "Depending on your volume sir we can give you a great discount.. ".

I have asked Don if he could start a poll ( I don't know how ) to get a handle on how many people would actually be interested in purchasing. I realize it's hard to say without knowing the final price but we need some sort of number si the question is this: IF we can get them at a price that beats anyone else, who's seriously interested? Whatever price I eventually get would be in Canadian dollars. Obviously that price will NOT include shipping, but I'm guessing we can work out something in the shipping....between me getting them to the US and then perhaps delivery through meets & greets or something.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Randy,

Here is a link to the thread that talks about the Carb. Diaphragm purchase:

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32943]Carb Diaphragm info...finally - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

When you bugger up the screws in the Carb. Caps go here:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1643

Follow the directions found earlier in this thread and you should have no problems.

If you have questions, PM me. :thumbsup2:

Earl

Hey Randy,

Here is a link to the thread that talks about the Carb. Diaphragm purchase:

Carb Diaphragm info...finally - VentureRider.Org

When you bugger up the screws in the Carb. Caps go here:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1643

Follow the directions found earlier in this thread and you should have no problems.

If you have questions, PM me. :thumbsup2:

Earl

Thanks I appreciate it I did some digging after I posted this and got a reply from SCI and they are in stock for 69.00 Woohooo. I will definately keep it in mind for the screws I had the proper tools at my shop so they are not buggered up at all but I polished up the end caps real nice so I am going to my local fastening store to see if I can get some nice stainless replacements and if that is a no go I will definately grab a set from you.

:happy65:

I wonder if someone who could do it would put the essential diaphragm purchase info in a thread in the tech library? It's pretty hard to find the necessary info in that very large thread.

Done. I copied the info to the Fist Gen Tech Library under Engine and Drivetrain.

Hey Randy,

I just wanted to mention that the cap screw set I am selling has had the knurled outer diameter machined off and then the outer diameter is polished, I think you will be hard pressed to find a nicer set of cap screws at a hardware store.

Just an FYI,

Earl