IGNORED

Butt Butler Changes

Hey Guys,

Just couple of updates, where the 1st is that I'm having to go up $5 on my price for reworking seats. It's only been more recently that I've been able to get a good handle on my actual product costs for reworking a seat above what I feel is my cost for the time involved. Most of this is for the 1.5" memory foam I have been using, where I am having to pay more for the sheets I'm using now. When I first started doing this, I was using some foam I had left over from a bedding change and decided to make good use of it. Then I found a supply that was on sale at a reasonable cost, but now I've having to pay something closer to retail. Then there is the cost of the spray adhesive and staples that I use that add up over time per seat. I just don't want to appear to be gouging my friends. And I'll honor my previous prices for folks that I have been talking to recently.

But secondly, I have inserted an ad for saddlebag bolts that "Dragerman" so kindly named for me..........Butler Built Bag Bolts (aka BBB Bolts).

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1662

And since I was on a roll, I also made up several sets of the thumb nuts that I designed and have been using for years. I've also given these to close friends that I ride with locally. Both of these items allow you to take your saddlebags and seat off by hand with no tools.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1663/cat/7

I still have to test them out, but I think I can use the same design of the Bag Bolts and build a set of seat thumb bolts for the RSTD owners, so they can take their seats off without any tools. I'll post my findings after I make up a few sets and have a couple of close RSTD friends check them out.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Edited by Rick Butler

Double ditto what Lone Eagle posted! Until I had your seat mod done I was dreading having to fork out big $$$ for a different seat. I no longer have that concern thanks to the work Rick did on my Venture seat. What a comfortable difference!!!

For anyone not completely comfortable with their seat I highly suggest you give Rick Butler a shot at your OEM seat!!

Boomer.....who's tailbone sends a hearty THANKS to Rick Butler!!

• 11 months later...

Will the Butler Built Seat Bolts work with my RSTD? I've been following the threads where people hide their keys under their seats. On my RSTD, the seat is held on with button head socket screws. I gather the 2nd Gen RSV seats are held on with a tool-free design that makes under seat key hiding practical.

I'm a bit worried that the BBSBs will extend out beyond the seat skirt. Anyone tried these with the RSTD?

Dave

could only ride max 50 miles on my 07 RSTD before the old tailbone got ahurtin' - sent driver - passenger & tour pack back rest to Rick .....rode 400 miles one day afterwards and had only the slightest discomfort. to this point of bike mods it was by far the best investment i've made. Rick does excellent work and goes beyond the requirement....bottom line - send your stuff to him, you'll be glad you did !!

buz

been trying to get ahold of Rick, need to send him both seats...Rick, you out there????

could only ride max 50 miles on my 07 RSTD before the old tailbone got ahurtin' - sent driver - passenger & tour pack back rest to Rick .....rode 400 miles one day afterwards and had only the slightest discomfort. to this point of bike mods it was by far the best investment i've made. Rick does excellent work and goes beyond the requirement....bottom line - send your stuff to him, you'll be glad you did !!

buz

Another satisfied customer of Rick Butler's work here. I did a 350 mile ride after getting the seat back...stopped at 125 miles then about the 255 mile mark for gas and about 10 minutes. After the ride that day I felt almost no discomfort. Used to be my rear end was good for 75-100 miles max.