IGNORED

2010 Venture

screaming red

Hello everyone,

I spoke to a Yamaha Store shop foreman at the Toronto International Motorcycle Show about what is coming for the Venture in 2010. He said they are testing the new VMax motor in the Venture(slightly detuned to around 160hp) and if all goes well we could see it 2010 or at worst 2011. He also mentioned that there doesnt seem to be to many changes to the rest of the bike.

They are also looking very closely at the Vmax to ensure the motor works without problems.

Hope all goes well with the VMax!!!!!!!!

Screaming Red:080402gudl_prv:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they don't do it. A chromed out VMax engine at 160 HP in a Second Gen styled RSV with ABS brakes? I HOPE not...I really can't afford a new bike right now and I would want one SO bad. :confused24:

Man... I think I'd rob a bank or something!

like i said awhile back look for an all new aluminum frame with the engine as a stressed member like the v-max, and gold wing. they will never put the new max engine in an archaic 2nd gen frame. it's not designed for it and there is to much flex for the handling they will be looking for. steel frames are becoming a thing of the past with the new vacuum casting technic they have. times change fast. it's all about keeping up with the competition. it will be an all new bike from the ground up. a little bird told me. take my word for it. i also predict farther off than planned because of the economy. there are strong rumors of a 2000cc, six speed wing in 2010, new from the ground up. they are building a new plant in japan for it. bill :2133:

I really hope they don't do it. A chromed out VMax engine at 160 HP in a Second Gen styled RSV with ABS brakes? I HOPE not...I really can't afford a new bike right now and I would want one SO bad. :confused24:

I'm gonna stand in line right behind you.... Did I say that???:mo money:

who said it was going to be a 2nd gen? could this be a 3rd gen? with a 160 hp motor, O the possibilites. i can get in enouth trouble all ready. i wounder if i took some vacation time & fly to japan would they let me tour the factory. mabe i could sneak abound the r&d department?

don c.

:2cents:At this point in time, I think I'll stick with the '89 for a while. As some of you may recall, Liz and I nearly bought a new wing in september. After the beating that the dollar , the stock market and jobs in general took the last few months, I'm really glad that we walked away from that contract.

I have a pretty stable job with decent benefits, but you never know what's around the corner. So for the next few years, We have a ride that's paid for , actually 3- her car and my pickup also. Anyways, we don't need to finance beer.

I'm even in the process of trading the old wing for a bass boat, and you're gonna love the maker- VENTURE BOATS!!!:beersign:

Hello everyone,

I spoke to a Yamaha Store shop foreman at the Toronto International Motorcycle Show about what is coming for the Venture in 2010. He said they are testing the new VMax motor in the Venture(slightly detuned to around 160hp) and if all goes well we could see it 2010 or at worst 2011. He also mentioned that there doesnt seem to be to many changes to the rest of the bike.

They are also looking very closely at the Vmax to ensure the motor works without problems.

Hope all goes well with the VMax!!!!!!!!

Screaming Red:080402gudl_prv:

That's funny, I was at the DC show a few weeks ago and the manufacturer's rep was there. He told me that nothing new was on the horizon because 1) the current model is a "seller/money maker" so they don't want to mess with a good thing and 2) it is too expensive to re-tool for a new version.

I hope was was wrong or not "in the know" but only time will tell.

:fingers-crossed-emo

Kreg- That may not happen. Rumor has it that Wollensak and Aiwa can't come to an agreement with Yamaha over vertical or horizontal mounting. It is possible that they may re-tool the old under dash 45RPM record player in the left saddlebag.

JB

Awsome, I knew I kept that old Vinyl in the closet for a reason..... can`t wait!!!

Bottom line is no one knows. I hope the 2010 is upgraded but you can talk to dealers and they all will tell you something different. One guy on this site talked to someone with Yamaha at the US headquarters before the 09's came out and was told he was going to really like the changes for 09. Its all speculation but I hope its true.

That's funny, I was at the DC show a few weeks ago and the manufacturer's rep was there. He told me that nothing new was on the horizon because 1) the current model is a "seller/money maker" so they don't want to mess with a good thing and 2) it is too expensive to re-tool for a new version.

I could see this with state of the world economy and Yamaha shutting plants down for 10 days. I d really like to see a new bike come out totally new like Snarley Bill was talking bout.

Two Hours ago, i came back from a Ride from a Ride on a '09 VMAX. Even tough this Beast is brand new and i didn't go over 4.5 k, I can tell you, this '09 Engine in a Venture won't disappoint anybody.

I can't get the broad Grin off my Face. And i had a small Ride for 50 km's, which was a big help against PMS anyway.

Two Hours ago, i came back from a Ride from a Ride on a '09 VMAX. Even tough this Beast is brand new and i didn't go over 4.5 k, I can tell you, this '09 Engine in a Venture won't disappoint anybody.

I can't get the broad Grin off my Face. And i had a small Ride for 50 km's, which was a big help against PMS anyway.

I'm jealous, nice power?

Guest cyote61

Well looks like I still have time to buy one more Harley and then a Victory before I have to buy the new Venture. :cool10: Been thinkin about putting a new Vespa on a trailer to pull behind the RSV too and really save some gas when I get to the final destination. :fingers-crossed-emo

I actually would not be surprised if they doubled the run on 09s and just kept releasing them through 2010 and maybe even 2011. That would get them out of having to upgrade to FI on the Venture in 2010.

hey lutz, congradulation. don't keep us in suspense. give us all the details. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2::2133:

I actually would not be surprised if they doubled the run on 09s and just kept releasing them through 2010 and maybe even 2011. That would get them out of having to upgrade to FI on the Venture in 2010.
you ,hit the nail on the head. if a new model is coming soon there is usually alot of buzz well in advance in the magazines. haven't seen a thing on the venture yet. i think they are using the v-max as a test bed for reliability. i figure 2011 at the earliest on the 3rd gen. if yammer is still in the bike business then. the economy is going to affect alot of corporate decisions on future plans. :2133: