IGNORED

Question: TourMaster Jacket

GeorgeS

I have the Tourmaster Flex jacket. I bought it last year, after riding with a Joe Rocket for 5 years. The Flex is an amazing versatile jacket. I think you would be really happy with the functionality of it. As for Tourmaster, the quality is top notch, no problems as of yet.

Sonny

I just bought a Tourmaster Transition jacket. The quality and features are top notch. I haven't used it in any real cold weather yet, but rode at 46 degrees without the liner in and it was very comfortable. The vent system works great. I wore it last Sunday in 82 deg temps and as long I was moving it was cool and I could feel the vent air. When I stopped in traffic, it got a little warm. I think this jacket willk work from the low 30's to the mid 80'2.

It is comfortable, has a lot of pockets and vents and is just a very well thought out design.

I recommend it.

I got mine from Jake Wilson online.

Yeah, i like it, but ... I do think that it is rather long for me (being all of 5'6"). Lots of arm and shoulder adjustments. It can be a little on the warm side in the 90 plus degree range, but what isn't. Just went for a ride the other day 40 - 50 degrees with the liners, plenty warm. I'm sure even the mid-30's would be ok. I do have the matching pants too. they are just as warm with the liners, but they are more like ski-pants, kinda "puffy".

ONE down side...too much velcro. at times it tends to ball up if you're not careful.

If I remember right i paid less than $150 last summer from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ ...now it's $166 w/free shipping. The pants were even cheaper at the time, but my short-and-round size was hard to find...DennisKirk'd those.

If you are of my size i would suggest checking out the tourmaster 'Pivot' first. My friend has it and if i remember correctly, it's a little shorter in length more or less identical other than that.

But all in all I like the coat/pant combo and would definitely recommend either or, but regardless, i would definitley recommend the TourMaster brand.

good luck

I see that you're from WA. If you like and can find your way down to Portland, check out Beaverton Honda...LOTs of, and mean LOTS of riding apparel. They stock TourMaster and other brands. Very cool store.

let me see... http://www.beavertonmotorcycles.com/

If you've never been there, you should. it would make a nice day trip. Inside the store, there are hundreds of vintage bikes [Yes, including an Orange 1975 RD350: Ode to the two stroke!] displayed on this huge wall-shelf that encompasses the whole display room...very very cool! :bowdown:

later.

Thinking about a new Jacket. Was just eyballing " on line " the

TourMaster, Transition Series 2 Jacket.

Anybody out there useing one of these ?? Any comments as to quality etc. etc.

most appreciated.

Thanks

I have the Intake jacket and Venture Air pants, with their Waterproof and insulated liners they provide great warmth and are very comfortable in the summers also.

I was really close to buying the transition 2 jacket based on on-line research. Found a semi local place that had them and the only thing I didn't like was the length. But the same place had the Flex2 also and i really liked it when i tried it on, so i got it. Still a bit longer than i like in the back, but the one day I was able to actually ride with it was chilly and I was pretty impressed with it.

Both the Mechanic and I have the Flex version along with the pants.

We have been ridin when the temps were around 20F and we were both happy with the results. I still bought her a heated liner because women just seem to be colder :whistling:

During the summer you can remove the out shell and inner liner, that works extremely well too.

I also got my transition 2 from competition accessaries. Took four months because of a national backorder! Called 3 times because website said they had it in stock not friendly, every time was told it was gonna be in the next shipment from tourmaster. Now thats fine but don't tell me its in stock when I ordered it and then after paying not let me know I'd have to wait. In fairness it was a 3xltall that I ordered, but I ordered it from them because they said they had it. Everyone knows that fat guys don't deserve good service so as long as your normal sized I would say go ahead. I love the length it doesn't allow for crack exposure :cool10: which can be a issue for jackets that end at my waste. Would I buy this jacket again? Yes in a minute, I love it:bighug:Blocks the wind at the neck and at the wrists. Just be sure you want a jacket that you'll have to sit on because of the length. Its not a issue for me worth every penny once I got it. In fairness they are not the only website that claimed to have something and really not have it. But it still makes me angry. Danimal

I won't one of those too several months ago and everyone was out of them. I called all over the internet.Findlly called competition accessaries and they were out to. BUT I was told they had other jackets. He made me a deal on a Fieldsheer Quatro jacket that sold for $250 for the same price as the Tourmaster transition 2 jacket $152. I believe I got a good deal on that one. got the Lime Green, real bright.

tew47

I had absolutely no problem with Comp Acc. I too ordered the 3x jacket and it was shipped within 2 days and arrived within 5 days. Comp acc had some issues several years ago and almost went out of business, but I have ordered stuff from them before :confused24:and never had any problems. I guess issues can crop up with any company at any time though.

Does anyone have one of these?

Would be interested in knowing what you think if you do.

Epic Jacket

• The Three Quarter Length 600 Denier Carbolex® Plus and 600 Denier Ballistic Polyester shell incorporates reflective Phoslite® material panels for strength and increased nighttime visibility http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=272&cat=3

Ordered the TourMaster, Flex Series 2, Textile/mesh Jacket. (( RED ))

Should work good for conditions on West coast dureing most of the Rideing Season.

Hot, Wet, Cool, and cold, with the Electric Vest Added.

Guess I will have to repaint my helmet Red also. Good project for next week.

Ok, got it, fits perfect, and its very complicated, to say the least.

lots of zippers, snaps etc. The thing has weight of 6.8 lb.

I removed the liner, and tried the jacket over my Elec Vest, fits good.

Also, still have room for a Wool Shirt if needed. Took all apart, checked all the zippers, everything seems to work good.

Anyway, I'm happy with it, maby get a test ride tomorrow. :)

• 2 months later...

Back on Feb 28th I ordered the jacket ($166.00)and the pants($112.00). I ordered a size 40 jacket and 32 pants which are my sizes, when they arrives I could hardly raise my arms with the jacket zipped up and could hardly button the pants. I sent them back and reordered the next sizes up. I'm still waiting for them to arrive. I should have known better to order a little bit larger jacket and pants the first time.