IGNORED

How do you clean your chrome

Jethroish

I saw an episode of MythBusters last week. They put "cola" and aluminum foil up against some readily available chrome cleaner. Their conclusion was the cola and foil cleaned better and removed rust stains better than the chrome cleaner from the auto parts store. Only problem was the sticky soda residue.

I normally use NeverDull.

What do you use?

I saw an episode of MythBusters last week. They put "cola" and aluminum foil up against some readily available chrome cleaner. Their conclusion was the cola and foil cleaned better and removed rust stains better than the chrome cleaner from the auto parts store. Only problem was the sticky soda residue.

I normally use NeverDull.

What do you use?

Plain ol toothpaste cleans and smells good to.The old type,not the gell.its got alittle of abrasive in it to clean well.Biodegradable &safe.

I use Turtle Wax chrome polish and double 0 ( 00 ) steel wool on the really bad areas. Been using that product for years and always does a great job. Of course there's never any "really bad areas" on my scoot! :rasberry:

Actually, when I pulled the mufflers off my '87 for the first time, there was a lot of road crap and some rust on the inside surfaces... the Turtle wax and steel wool cleaned that up real nice.

Chrome cleaner or other metal polish of some kind and a rag.

I have heard that it's not good to use steel wool for cleaning chrome. Bits of steel will get wiped into the small pits which will only cause it to rust faster the next time. I can't say I've seen firsthand provable evidence of it, so take it for what it's worth. But I don't use steel wool anymore.

This post is in support of BuddyRich -

How do I clean my chrome?

Just a minute ...

(walks to the hallway down from the kitchen and cups hands around mouth)

"Honey? What do you use to clean the chrome on the Venture?"

(Mumbles thru the flour of making pies for dessert)

"OK, got it. Thanks. Those pies are looking good."

(walks back to computer)

I'm back. Mothers chrome polish with elbow grease. Does a great job and is easy to use - or so it appears.

RR

Just a minute ...

(walks back to computer)

I'm back. Mothers chrome polish with elbow grease. Does a great job and is easy to use - or so it appears.

RR

I'm taking this guys advice, then I'm gonna run!!!!!

:97:

Just a minute ...

(walks back to computer)

RR

LMAO!!!! I wonder how long it will be before the ladies spot this and.....and.....and........:yikes:

Just a minute ...

(walks back to computer)

RR

Boy.....it's really getting to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng winter here up North, isn't it. You guys are a laugh a minute!!! :moon: I'm starting to think all of us are suffering from brain freeze!

Just a minute ...

(walks back to computer)

RR

RR - did you get that skillet imprint on your skull to go away yet ??:shock3: :whistling:

Best thing is to go to Maintainence Day and ask what the best to use, 15 guys will be sending their women over to demonstrate how it's done, and then through the competition all gets cleaned lick-i-dy split. After that you can go for a ride and ride and ride,,,,,,,,

I use Maguires Chrome polish. Does a very nice job. MOF I got a buy on some from ACE Hardware... my daughter works in the regional office... and ended up donating 3 cases to the National VR Raffle in Kitchner last summer, and come to think about it I haven't heard a word about it one way or the other??? Anyone had a chance to give the stuff a try??