IGNORED

3D Aussie photos

spear

Hey guys.

I told you about my Central Australia trip middle of 2008.

I think most of you are also aware that I'm a keen (pro)photographer.

Did I also mention that I do 3D Stereo photography?

Anybody familiar with it or even tried it?

Have a look at these. If you want to see the 3D, just look at the centre of the big picture and cross your eyes until the images merge, and "Whammo!"

There you have it.

Can't see it - keep trying. It's a bit like riding a bicycle. Once you've mastered it you will have it forever.

WOW...that is REALLY cool. Took me about 5 minutes to get it then about another 5 to STOP getting it. :) Really works well thoug.

Thanks Don,

I might one day post a link to a Photography Forum I belong to, where there are lots of such cool shots - more of mine included.

SRP

That is really cool. You have to look at it like you did for those 3d pictures they came out with in the 90's. Lucky for me those were easy for me to see, so I was able to get the 3d effect on your pictures in seconds. Great job. I really liked the last one.

Amazing. What is the theory, a trick on the eye's, brain or both. Appreciate the shots and in the future show more or web sight. Thanks

No trick involved. Just normal binocular vision. We see a slightly different angled view of life from each eye. All I'm doing is taking 2 photos of the same scene from the same different angled views. You can do it yourself. Hold your camera vertically and take a shot, then step slightly to your left and take the same shot again. When viewing the result you must be sure that the left photo is on the right, and conversely the right photo is on the left.

Here is a link to the thread I started on the POTN forum some years ago.

I hope it opens up for you. It should even though you're not a member.

You should be able to 'visit' for a look.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87970

Kinda figgured that since the last one you said you just took. Now that's MY kind of {{{{ winter }}}}

Sorry SilvrT. When I said "A Fresh one from this morning" I meant I made this pair this morning. It was taken last June - in the middle of an Aussie winter. Mind you, if you travel about 8 hours north of here the temperature stay the same all year round. Minimum of around 22 and maximum of 33 deg C. Summers are extremely wet (tropical) and winters are as dry as!

OK, this is like totally cool, sort of the same process I use when viewing those weird pictures that suddenly become 3-D. But my question is this, when I do it and succeed I get three pictures total and the middle is 3-D, and I am not drunk! Is this normal or just me?

OK, this is like totally cool, sort of the same process I use when viewing those weird pictures that suddenly become 3-D. But my question is this, when I do it and succeed I get three pictures total and the middle is 3-D, and I am not drunk! Is this normal or just me?

Yes abnormalwon. This is normal. There are 3 images, but when you concentrate on the centre image (the 3D) the other 2 become peripherals.

ok spear help some of us. You said something about using dots on a photo in the Canon forum. Can you post one that has the dots that help train the eyes. PLEASE. Either that or some of us just can't do it. Cool photos anyway you go. Going to show them to my son (venturepirate) he is 10 and taking photography as a 4-H project. What kind of computer programs can you make those type photos with? Thought it would be cool for his project if he could try and make one.:photographing:

How's this one?

Firstly just look normally at the white dot in the centre of the pair.

Keep looking at the white dot and cross your eyes.

You will notice the red dots start to come together, and when they merge at the white dot you will have your 3D image.

I'ts not easy for some, and for others it's a breeze.

For those who have trouble getting it, and eventually DO get it - you'll be right.

You'll wonder why it took you so long.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21145&stc=1&d=1122635297