IGNORED

A great day in spite of....

Freebird

We are having a wonderful Christmas and I hope you all are also. In SPITE of the fact that:

The ring I bought Eileen doesn't fit. It will have to be re-sized.

She bought me a new TomTom Rider Version 2 GPS. I like it...I think...it appears to be dead on arrival. Will not power up at all...even after charging for several house. Tried the reset button and other tips but it appears to be dead. Will have to exchange it tomorrow.

Now Dylan (my 16 year old son) did OK. In addition to a lot of clothes and etc., he also got his first car. It is a '96 Ford Taurus. Low mileage and nice but ..... it IS a FORD. Hated to do that to him but he will have to live with it. :)

I did the same thing to my daughter with her first car, a 1988 Taurus........boy was that a mistake, it was one thing after another. Fuel pump, tranny, sensors......quite a few.....then the engine threw a rod.......she was 18 when I got if for her, she is 31 now and still hasnt forgiven me............:buttkick:

My daughters first car was a ford taurus. I got a good deal on it and it ran good very dependable. The ex-son-in-law put two gallon of antifreeze in storage in the trunk instead of the radiator where it belonged. On the first -20 below night he drove it 10 mile next morning before blowing the motor. I got pi**ed and gave it to the driver of the tow truck for the tow bill.I ripped the stereo out and gave him the title.Ex-son-n-law cost me plenty Oh sorry it's Christmas I better be good.

There's one piece of consolation in all of this Don,,,,,if today don't turn out so bright, there is always tomorrow,,which could be somewhat less dim,,, hope for tomorrow, then maybe you'll get somewhere....??? glad to hear that you're having a normal day,, at least the pond must be frozen over by now,,, maybe a good parking spot for the Ford:whistling::stirthepot:

It is a '96 Ford Taurus. Low mileage and nice but ..... it IS a FORD. Hated to do that to him but he will have to live with it. :)

You Know what Ford stands for don't you! Fix Or Repair Daily, sorry bout that Don, I'm a GM guy. :stickpoke:

Ian

That aint no lie, found my daughters on the road dead a few times, though it did die in front of our house a couple of time, except for the time it threw the rod, it was the only time Charlene took it to work and broke down half way home............Should have left it on the road dead the first time it happened...........their trucks are awesome, had a 92 that I put 741,xxx miles on it , although I did replace the engine and tranny, but they both had 300,xxx plus on them when I replaced them, and the 99 that I have now has 524,xxx miles on it, same engine, rebuilt tranny at 502,xxx. Ford truck built tough:thumbsup:..........that aint no lie...........Ford cars suck.:crying:

Found On Road Dead....:sign20:

Maybe you've already tried these tips:

1) Make sure you're pushing and holding the on button for a least a couple of seconds.

2) When doing a reset, you need to hold the reset button in for at least 20 seconds.

3) Pull the SD card out and do another 20 second reset.

Good luck...hope it's not dead.

David

This thread is being hijacked................:think::think:

1) Make sure you're pushing and holding the on button for a least a couple of seconds.

2) When doing a reset, you need to hold the reset button in for at least 20 seconds.

David

I got to defend the Taurus. I had one I bought new in '93 and just sold it last year with 200,000+ miles on her. Still all orginal motor, tranny, suspension, steering and even the exhaust. Oil changes and tires were all that car seemed to need. I have a '95 Lincoln TC with 186,000 on it now and it will probably make 250,000 without breaking a sweat.

Dey been bery bery good to me.

1) You had money to buy a ring and a wife to give it to.

2) Your loved ones thought highly of you and gave you something to pursue your hobby.

3) Your offspring has indeed managed to pay attention and be responsible enough to

obtain a license. Big steps to becoming a member of society.

The little problems associated with each action can be overcome. I rejoice over your true gifts of Christmas. May each and every one of us stop before the end of this day and think of what we have to celebrate.

Now-back to our regularly scheduled banter.

Merry Christmas to all,

JB and MochaLady

Got the wife her Wii and jewelry Armoire she wanted, son got an XBox360 AND whats in the photo below (completed and running, took it to Grandmas today), daughter got what she wanted. I got a candle, 2 pair of Dockers. But, I must admit that I've had the best of it this year. I got to work on and show my son how to work on some good ol' AMERICAN GM MUSCLE. That's the best part of my Christmas this year.

Oh, I guess the hairy burn-out we did in front of Grandmas didn't hurt, either!

David

David,

Thanks, but I tried all of that. This thing is just dead. It doesn't seem to be taking a charge or getting any power from the AC Adapter. I checked the adapter to make sure it is putting out the correct voltage and it is but after charging for 3 hours, the adapter isn't even warm so I'm thinking the unit is not charging for some reason. I went through the manual and came upon the tips you list but it just won't power on. No big deal, I'll run it back to Best Buy today and exchange it.

As for the car, I'm just kidding about it. I'm not a huge Ford fan but I have owned two Taurus's in the past and they were both very dependable. This was my mother in laws car so it has been in the family for about 6 years and has never missed a beat. It has pretty much sat for the past 2 or 3 years and then we got it when she passed away earlier this year. I went over it well. New brakes, oil change, etc. and got it all waxed up and etc. Dylan thought we had sold it and was very excited when he saw it on Christmas morning with a box on top. :) It will be a great first car for him.

The ring? My wife loves it. I actually did order the right size but they just made a mistake I guess. They will take care of it for me.

So all is good. :thumbsup2:

We are having a wonderful Christmas and I hope you all are also. In SPITE of the fact that:

The ring I bought Eileen doesn't fit. It will have to be re-sized.

She bought me a new TomTom Rider Version 2 GPS. I like it...I think...it appears to be dead on arrival. Will not power up at all...even after charging for several house. Tried the reset button and other tips but it appears to be dead. Will have to exchange it tomorrow.

Now Dylan (my 16 year old son) did OK. In addition to a lot of clothes and etc., he also got his first car. It is a '96 Ford Taurus. Low mileage and nice but ..... it IS a FORD. Hated to do that to him but he will have to live with it. :)

Nothing wrong with a Ford. At least they don't need government assistance......yet :rotfl::rotf:

I've had several Fords over the years. Three great Mustangs that I would love to have back. I have fond memories of my '69 Mach One 351C blowing away a few Z28s. Though there was one in particular that I never could beat. I owned one GM product and hated it. My 16 yr old twins are looking at cars. My daughter has her eyes on a 96 Taurus SHO. Nice car. She would love a convertable Mustang but that will have to be up to her in the future. My son though wants an old Impala. I don't know where I went wrong with him. Oh, the insurance! Oy Vey!! It will cost me $1800/yr to add my two kids.

My 1st Car Was a Ford Pinto.... Was a plain economical Car ..Until I dropped a 351 Cleveland in it ,,,,then It was Great Car :Laugh:

And Fix Or Repair Daily....... I wasnt vey mechanically inclined then But having My Pinto and now Im not afraid in tearing apart the engine ...Putting it back in the same order ...WELL.... thats another story:buttkick: