IGNORED

Weather

GeorgeS

Was just watching the Weather Channel, the nice lady said, that " Las Vegas , is getting some much needed SNOW " !!!

And, the Los Angeles River is flooding into the streets in Compton.

Hmmmm? more signs of Global Warming

I see, PHX, is down to 57 deg. my wife left there Sat Morning, looks like she got out of town just in time, and safely back to Seattle for the Snow Storm !!

:witch_brew:

We seem to be onna weather roller coaster ride here.

Saturday....25F and howling wind all day.

Sunday....40F....15mph wind....partly sunny.

Monday.....53F....18mph wind....Cloudy/overcast.

Lot of rain heading our way for Tuesday/Wednesday.

I don't complain anymore....I just suffer.........:fiddle:

lovely and really sunny here....................except......... ..........................that the overnight low was -33c and our high today is sposed to be -28c (around -25f and -20f)

where the heck is global warming when you need it.

Too darn cold to go sledding even...

Brian

Guest tessa c2

It's warming up!!!! -27 c with the wind it brings it down to -37.4, the warmest it has been all day, this morning with the wind chil, woke up to -50 celcus, ended up changing fuel filter on the truck, got waxed up, dang glad it didn't happen on the hi way, it was $%^^&**( cold in the shop doing this job, as it was. and like normal they got to place them in the most awful place. there is something about wet hands and cold steel, just doesn't get me real excited. i had the bulk fuel filled up in october, which was to have been seasonal fuel, and i had put in a container of conditioner which takes down the waxing point, and thought i had lots in there, guess not....... :snow:

We got a gully washer down here a couple of weeks ago that raised our water resevoir for the area Lake Lanier something like 3/4 of an inch. I guess that was good since the lake is now at it's historical low pool level of somewhere around 17 feet. Some say it could be completely dry next year.

I dont know how you Canucks deal with that to much being inside the house for me.

Ya dont stay inside the house, you get that good hitek gear and go outside and enjoy the sunshine, if ya got it. I personally would rather have a 30 below day and sunny than a minus 10 day with rain and crap. It feels so much better when the sun is out and when its that cold the high pressure air almost always has it nice and sunny.

Brian

61 degrees here is Phoenix right now and I see a little sun peaking through - been raining the last 2-3 days. Back to 56 tomorrow and then to 60 on Friday.

Soon as the sun comes out and it dries up a bit - I am out ridin' :clap2:

Shep

Following is our current weather and upcoming forecast. It's been snowing off and on since late last night ... accumulation around 3 inches. Vancouverites DO NOT know how to drive when it snows and most are not prepared with such things as winter tires because around here, we don't get a lot of snow and it generally doesn't last long. I've seen it DUMP in excess of a foot of snow here in one day... the place goes NUTS when that happens!

Observed at: Vancouver Int'l Airport Date: 1:00 PM PST Wednesday 17 December 2008

• Condition: Light Snow Pressure: 100.4 kPa Tendency: falling Visibility: 10 km Air Quality Health Index: 2
  • Temperature: -1.4°C Dewpoint: -3.2°C Humidity: 88 % Wind: E 22 gust 45 km/h Wind Chill: -7

Issued : 11.00 AM PST Wednesday 17 December 2008

Snowfall warning in effect.

TodayDay: Snow. Amount 5 cm. Local drifting snow. Windy. Temperature steady near minus 1.

Night: Flurries. Local drifting snow. Windy. Low minus 8. Wind chill minus 17.

ThursdayCloudy with sunny periods and 40 percent chance of flurries in the morning and afternoon. Clearing in the evening. High minus 4.

FridaySunny. Low minus 10. High minus 7.

SaturdaySunny. Windy. Low minus 12. High minus 6.

SundaySnow. Windy. Low minus 7. High minus 1.

70 degrees and very bright here in the buffalo n.y. area..well thats inside..outside had about 4 inches of that wet heavy snow and temps in the low 30's.. down in the twenties tonight and for tomorrow....more snow and wind forcast for friday...i hate winter..:doh: