IGNORED

adjusting the idle

I had my 08 carbs worked on as they were leaking, and since then it idles very slow and has died on me a few times. Do I have to tear a bunch of stuff down to get to the idle screws and when I do this do they need synch again? and not ever seeing the carbs on one of these what ones am I looking for? thanks:crying:

Mine is a 08, is there a adjuster screw on both sides or just on the one? Thanks for the picture that helps alot.

Just on one side.

Sit on the bike... look down by your right thigh, pretty close to right under the very front of the seat/ rear of the tank. You will see a black "fluted" knob with a philips screwdriver slot in the middle. That's your adjuster.

Because for simple maintenance, doing it yourself is much easier than dragging it to the dealer and wasting time waiting around, or having another ride so you can leave and then have to come back and pick it up, and all the hassling around. Do it yourself in a few minutes and be done with it.

Because for simple maintenance, doing it yourself is much easier than dragging it to the dealer and wasting time waiting around, or having another ride so you can leave and then have to come back and pick it up, and all the hassling around. Do it yourself in a few minutes and be done with it.

Plus most around here are charging $75 to $85 per hour if it not warranty work.

No way, been learning how to do most things myself.

Now if someone will just show me how to lube the throttle cables :whistling::whistling:

• 3 months later...

Yeah, what he said!

I had my 08 carbs worked on as they were leaking, and since then it idles very slow and has died on me a few times. Do I have to tear a bunch of stuff down to get to the idle screws and when I do this do they need synch again? and not ever seeing the carbs on one of these what ones am I looking for? thanks:crying:

Now Waterbug. This tells me it is a must for you to come to Don´s Maintenance Day 6th. of June. Bring a list of "How To" and we will set you straight. You might even get some cheesecake from the ladies.

I think your carbs are not synced correctly.I can idle mine down to 500 RPM and it runs fine. However, I keep my idle at approximately 850 Rpm cause I worry about oil pressure. I do have a tach on my bike, so I know the idle speed....

I dont have a tack on mine yet but sometime down the road I will get one. I did have the carbs done last fall and rode it about 1k miles maybe since then but thats gonna change as its above freezing here so I can ride. Yes so far I am going to Dons unless something unforseen happens. I plan on trying to learn alot from you guys even if mine doesnt need anything.