IGNORED

We lost a family member today.

Yama Mama

Today was not a very good day for our family. Our dog Lucy died suddenly.

Lucy died early this morning, Ron and our son Mark sat with her in her last moments. They chose not to tell me, I was asleep.

It is strange how a dog becomes such a part of your life. We had her for 12 years. She was such a beautiful dog, people would stop to comment on her when we were walking her, She used to catch ground moles, and one time she even caught a ground hog in our garage. I believe her great dream in life was to catch a squirrel, unfortunately she never got one. Lucy protected us all these years. We always knew when some stranger was in our driveway.

And yet she was very gentle, I think she loved everyone. I thought I would share this with you all. I feel such a loss. We still have our dog

Cooper. But the loss of Lucy is going to take a while to deal with. Our son and daughter are taking it hard.

I just wanted to share this with you. DO not walk by your pet and not acknowledge their presence. Always make the effort to notice them.

Their whole life is to get your love and appreciation. Remember them

even when you are busy. I will miss Lucy for ever. She was a wonderful friend to us.

Yama Mama

Edited by Yama Mama

I'm so sorry to hear that Peggy. How is Cooper taking it? Dogs feel loss too. I know how you feel. It's just a big ache, but as you said she did what she liked. She protected you all and got love in return. I'm dreading the day my old girl goes. She's older then your Lucy, so I know it might not be long.

Margaret

Peggy, sorry for your loss. Yea, it's tough to loose your pet They really are part of your family.

We just lost our dogs to old age. One of them thought that she was a great squirrel hunter. We used to laugh like crazy watching her and the squirrel go at it. No, she never caught one either but it wasn't for lack of trying.

Peggy, I am sorry to hear of your loss - and our prayers and thoughts are with you. I have gone through this couple of times - and it is never easy. We don't have children, and our two dogs are our boys, so I can totally relate to your feelings. Thank you also for the reminder to never just walk by them - they love their "parents" more than we give them credit for.

Peggy, my heart goes out to you and your family. I know how hard her loss is to you and your family. It's been 4 years since lost Emiedog. I still miss her hugs. But I also remember the good things, how she hated teen age boys when our girls were in high school. Lucy will be chasing squirrels from afar now.

Guest tessa c2

sorry to hear that peggy, i know our mut is very simular he is about a year older, with shepard in him, and he is going down hill fast, first off i noticed that he had trouble getting into the truck when i would go out to the fields, or feeding the elk, then his hearing is going, doesn't even hear the diesel comming onto the yard, you could probly sneak up onto him with bells on your feet, then some days it looks like it hurts for him to even wag his tail, and now if he sees one comming home he will only come half way across the yard, know that will be a leaky day when he goes, i know it is darn tough some times, some of my elk are getting up in years also,i call them My girls and boys, and have raised them since baby's, and when you feed them everyday when you get home from work, it becomes that time of day when you feel the tranquel, in your life, they usually locate themselves some place where they can watch the yard, and listen foor me to fire up the quad runner, in order to feed them grain, then they come firing into the feed bunks, kinda like the chuck wagon races at the Calgary stampede, they will darn near run you over, or slip a horn up the inside of your touque, and for that moment they are all just a bunch of p_cker heads, but then one day they to get old and the younger ones start pushing them to the outside edge, and soon you notice that they are kept away from the water, and the feed bunks, just natures way of doing things, then after a while you can see it in there eyes that they are asking you for piece, so then you have to pull out the 243,you talk to god, and i tell him i know what i can do, to just give me a good shot. it is usually when i have to cut out the ear tags, that it hits you the hardest, cause you realize the last time you had this tag in your hand they where but a few hours old, all brand spanking new, there mothers comming at you 90 mph, bound and determand to make a rug out of you out in the prairie there, then they are weaned and you are hand feeding them grain to build there trust in you, and you usually come out of the pen wiith more oats and hay stuck to you from there wet noses sniffing you, to the time when you just sit on the quad and listen to them all munching on feed beside you, they can't say thanks, but they will gladly burp in your ear. you appoligise to them, but also thank them for the brightness they had brought into your life. pete

Sorry for your loss Peggy and family, we have lost a couple as well and our girls now are our babies as well, we hate leaving them when we have to do hospital stuff with Kenneth, someone said "I wish I could be the man my dog thinks I am" so yeah our girls are rotten and we do everything we can to show them the love they show us.

Today was not a very good day for our family. Our dog Lucy died suddenly.

Lucy died early this morning, Ron and our son Mark sat with her in her last moments. They chose not to tell me, I was asleep.

It is strange how a dog becomes such a part of your life. We had her for 12 years. She was such a beautiful dog, people would stop to comment on her when we were walking her, She used to catch ground moles, and one time she even caught a ground hog in our garage. I believe her great dream in life was to catch a squirrel, unfortunately she never got one. Lucy protected us all these years. We always knew when some stranger was in our driveway.

And yet she was very gentle, I think she loved everyone. I thought I would share this with you all. I feel such a loss. We still have our dog

Cooper. But the loss of Lucy is going to take a while to deal with. Our son and daughter are taking it hard.

I just wanted to share this with you. DO not walk by your pet and not acknowledge their presence. Always make the effort to notice them.

Their whole life is to get your love and appreciation. Remember them

even when you are busy. I will miss Lucy for ever. She was a wonderful to us.

Yama Mama

My Heart goes out to you Dan from IN lost his recently also. I really know how you feel. Its such a loss.

Sorry to hear about your loss Peggy. Its hard when pets become such a close part of the familly and all of a sudden they are gone leaving a kind of emptyness behind. At least take comfort in the fact that her life was spent in happiness with a good familly .

sorry to hear about your loss. I've had dogs most of my life and it their death is never something easy to deal with. Max, my Cocker spaniel and best friend is over 10 years old and I know what is comming. My heart goes out to you! God bless, kenw

Our pets are not just pets, but loving members of our families, they show unconditional love, they are quick to forgive,they have mood swings just as humans do, our moods affect them as theirs do ours. I have had to put several of our animal family down after they became sick and beyond helping, it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Charlene says after Snickers is gone,which is really my daughters dog, no more pets for us, that will be hard for me, I have had a dogs all my life, and to continue the rest of my life without that loving pet is gonna be a hard thing to do.

Peggy just know that Lucy is in a better place now, no suffering, and likely catching that elusive squirrel.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Peggy. I came home from vacation and saw my cat Peppy and noticed a lump on top of his head over his right eye. Took him to the vets and found out it was cancer. Tried to see if an operation would do the trick and it only got worse after that. Pretty soon, he couldn't eat or hardly walk, and that was the time to take him in. The day I had him put down, the stress was so much that my back spasumed and it was worse than it just going out. His ashes are on top of our intertainment center now as he was the first pet I'd ever had and I missed him more than you know. He was my buddy and is still greatly missed to this day as it's been several years since he's been gone now. Just put my female cat down this year after 18 years, but this was my daughters cat, and she gave her to us when she was 9 but couldn't keep her. Her divorce got her into an apartment that didn't allow pets, so we had her till her last days. Again, so sorry for your loss.