IGNORED

anyone got an extra one for sale?

Midnight Rider

I was going to change the oil last night and noticed that my CB antenna was broke in half at the plastic part. Couldn't tell till you looked at it. Cant believe that it didn't fall off on the highway or sometime during my travels. Anyway, does anyone have a stock one laying around that they would like to sell?

Dale

I was going to change the oil last night and noticed that my CB antenna was broke in half at the plastic part. Couldn't tell till you looked at it. Cant believe that it didn't fall off on the highway or sometime during my travels. Anyway, does anyone have a stock one laying around that they would like to sell?

Dale

Your bike should still be under warranty - why don't you just have Yamahaha replace it?

Goose

Sorry Dale,

I have lots of parts, but I do not have that particular part....

If I did though, it would already be on its way to your place. :thumbsup2:

Just a thought here Dale,

You might be able to stop in at a local truck stop. They all carry many antenna parts and are usually just hanging on the wall.

You might be able to"make do" with a different part ...They have several to choose from.

Hey, its just a thought...

Guest BluesLover

Replaced the one on my 06 under warranty earlier this year. Snapped in half - at the coil, just like yours - while riding down I75 south of Sarasota last November.

Cheers,

Like Carbon One said, get your dealer to replace it under warranty. I had the one on my 99 replaced. Didn't have to call the district rep, just threatened to and the dealer ordered me a new one. Sometimes you have to give dealers a little "push" to get them to do their job. I love to "push".

It seems like everytime I go to the dealer that part (whatever it is) isn't covered under warranty. My lower left fairing cracked in the middle last year, as many here have had happen to them, and the dealer said there is NO WAY that is covered under warranty. The stealers out here suck!

Eck, I have no doubt and Thank You!

Dale

Don't give up on the warranty issues. It took me 5 months to get them to replace my lower left cowling under warranty but they finally did. Contact the Yamaha Customer Service Department and explain the problem. They will ask for pictures and a description. That will get you on the road to the warranty work.

• 3 weeks later...

well after another trip down to the stealer......they took pics and sent em to yamaha.....they left a message on dales phone saying "yamaha says its normal wear and tear"

so he called them back and let em know he was unhappy....they suggested he call customer service......

so he did.....he went over and over the issues....both the cowling and the antenae....complained about this happening a lot to others.....and they kept saying normal wear and tear....

well he didnt give up that easily.....told em if they didnt use cheap plastic parts it wouldnt have happened.....asked em if its normal wear and tear does that mean he will have to replace both parts every 30,000 miles?..I didnt hear all of it but he was relentless.....the poor guy on the other end, was helpless and really appeared to feel bad.....finally told him to hold on ...came back and said they would give him a $250 credit at the dealer but it could only be used for yamaha parts. I think maybe he can have the cowling replaced for that...not sure anymore.

I told him he still needs to call the local rep for our area and push it some more....

so we will see if he gets any farther......:cool10:

oh yeah he did tell them when it comes time to trade it in it wont be for another yamaha.........:rotfl::rotfl: bad thing is they dont really give a crap

I hope you can get your antennae replaced under warranty, but while waiting, I can send you one. PM me with an address, and its on its way. Just make a $5.00 donation to venturerider.org in Gunbaoat's name (he gave it to me).

Ponch :thumbsup2:

Mine also snapped off on my 06. It also was replaced under warranty. Although I did not get it before a 10 day trip down to South Carolina. What I did find impressive, on the way back I stopped of at Anderson Brothers Yamaha, Elizabeth City, North Carolina and the fine folks there offered me a used one free of charge, gave me and my wife a t-shirt each and a cold soda to cool us down on a very hot day. So if your anywhere near there on one of your road trips or live close by I strongly recommend that you pop in and say hi.

Keith.

oh yeah he did tell them when it comes time to trade it in it wont be for another yamaha.........:rotfl::rotfl: bad thing is they dont really give a crap

He's not the only one that that is thinking that way, I think many of us are getting ntired of Yamaha's responses

:mad: