IGNORED

Gas stabilizer of sea foam?

IF you go to Crappy Tire pick up Stebel I think it is better than the others. IT is a little more but worth it. Yes Seafoam is a stabilizer.

Hey Dan I take the other approach remove the battery and let it sit all winter without firing it up. I normally Drain the carbs as well. If you start it make sure you run it long enough to get everything hot so condensation does not build up in the pipes.

Brad

IF you go to Crappy Tire pick up Stebel I think it is better than the others. IT is a little more but worth it. Yes Seafoam is a stabilizer.

Hey Dan I take the other approach remove the battery and let it sit all winter without firing it up. I normally Drain the carbs as well. If you start it make sure you run it long enough to get everything hot so condensation does not build up in the pipes.

Brad

Brad I Usualy keep Battery on bike all winter long. time to time i use battery tender just to keep battery fully charged. And if is sunny and no IceI'm out riding. heated clothing does a job.

I've used both Seafoam and the other stabilizer product for a number of years, primarily when winterizing my boat. I had better luck keeping water out with Seafoam. When using the other product, always had to put a can of HEET in the first tank of the year or the boat wouldn't run under load, coughed, sputtered died, etc. When using Seafoam, never had the problem. I bought my first bike after I sold the boat so have always used Seafoam in them.

I have been using Seafoam in my engines for over 10 years and dont think I will use anything else. Most will start on the first pull of the season after I change the oil. I use it in the motorcycle all the time and in my personal car, which is driven very little, and have experienced no gas related problems to any of them. Seems like a product that does what it says it will and then some.

Just my opinion...

Rick F.

I like SeaFoam and it is widely accepted by the motorcycle community. I've used it several times on my previous bike and on my tractor and snow blower. Just remember to read the label and make sure that you are putting the right amount with the number of gallons you have.

~ The can says it will treat 30 to 50 L...should I use a full can still or better to use a 1/2 can?

I was told for a stabilizer and clean 1 oz per gallon, and to really clean use 2oz per gallon. I use a half can for the bike tank, a lot of others use a full can, per tank.

Brad

• 1 year later...

My dealer (actually the shop boss) said for me to be sure and use Stabil about once a month to keep the carbs clean...

First, I prefer SeaFoam, and secondly does that seem too often to be using a gas treatment or do some of you use it that often.

Thanks.

Wally

My dealer (actually the shop boss) said for me to be sure and use Stabil about once a month to keep the carbs clean...

First, I prefer SeaFoam, and secondly does that seem too often to be using a gas treatment or do some of you use it that often.

Thanks.

Wally

It is really a personal preference. I have a co-worker who has been using Stabil for a number of years and stated that he never had any problems with his bike and small engines using Stabil as a fuel stabilizer.

IMO, it probably will not hurt to use Seafoam as often as you want. It will simply cost you more for a can of Seafoam is just under $10.00 dollars. :parrots: