IGNORED

Finally Finished

1BigDog

Im sure glad I dont work on piece work basis, or id be a poor miserable B*****d......

Anyway, finally got the rectifier wired back up. All sealed, heat shrunk, soldered and best of all, charging like theres no tomorrow. It was a royal PIA but well worth the time in the end.

I know I drove some of you nuts with my phone calls. Thanks for the help. I'll go away now....:ignore:

:sign13: I couldnt be of much help to you from way over here..but am very glad you got it her all fixed and you "both"are up and running again..

Hey, at least we all know now that if one of ours goes out..who to contact..:rotf:

Im sure glad I dont work on piece work basis, or id be a poor miserable B*****d......

Anyway, finally got the rectifier wired back up. All sealed, heat shrunk, soldered and best of all, charging like theres no tomorrow. It was a royal PIA but well worth the time in the end.

I know I drove some of you nuts with my phone calls. Thanks for the help. I'll go away now....:ignore:

Which rectifier did you used Jeff? was it the new one that you got from Flatout

:confused24:

Which rectifier did you used Jeff? was it the new one that you got from Flatout

:confused24:

Yes it was. I wasnt about to trust the old rectifier so I tossed it. Cheap peace of mind at $48.00.

As far as future fixes go, Im going to try and put together a tech article on the stator change. The rectifier mod will be included but pics for it are minimal. I was more interested in finishing it than snapping pics. I did learn a lot from this project and its not for the faint of heart. You do need some mechanical skills and a lot of patience along with some common sense so when things start to get messy you know its time to walk away from it for a while and come back with fresh eyes. :smile5:

[/center]

Yes it was. I wasnt about to trust the old rectifier so I tossed it. Cheap peace of mind at $48.00.

As far as future fixes go, Im going to try and put together a tech article on the stator change. The rectifier mod will be included but pics for it are minimal. I was more interested in finishing it than snapping pics. I did learn a lot from this project and its not for the faint of heart. You do need some mechanical skills and a lot of patience along with some common sense so when things start to get messy you know its time to walk away from it for a while and come back with fresh eyes. :smile5:

Well, good news! Now that you have solved that... I'm wiring my woodworking shop: My service entrance cable to the circuit breaker panel has two hot leads, a neutral, and a ground. My machines are 3-wire 240 (white/black/green), single phase, 20 amps. The current house 240 circuit breakers are wired red and black hot, white to neutral, and bare copper to ground. I'm using 10-2 romex (just like I had it wired in Middleburg); do I paint the white lead red to match this modern wiring? Do the electrons care? :bang head:

Just kidding, Jeff. Congrats on getting your steed back on the road.:thumbsup2: