IGNORED

Decided not to buy 2007 venture

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided not to buy 2007 venture for $11,000.00. If anyone else here is interested in this bike, it is an awesome deal. The bike is blue, with only 503 miles on it! The bike is in Florida. If your interested, let me know, I can give you info on it.

I think this is it on ebay the buy it now is 10995 it looks pretty good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycles___2007-YAMAHA-ROYAL-STAR-VENTURE-TOURING-BIKE-500-MILES_W0QQitemZ300263858410QQddnZMotorcyclesQQddiZ2283QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300263858410&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1308&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

payment or no payment is certainly an individual choice.we had 6000.00for a bike or down payment. we found a 97 rstd for 4500.00 with 14000 miles and went thar route. but almost went for a victory vision, but in the end went conservative. so it's all in what youwant. good luck on the search. ride safe and be cool

thumper1:mo money:

Sorry to hear you aren't getting it. It looks like a sweet machine. The price is better than I paid for my demo 99 in 99! I'm surprised they didn't do a better job of trying to remove the warning sticker on the tank. I would look into a credit union though.

I just refinanced my '08 through a local Credit Union and went froma 9.9% finance to a 7.75. The Yamaha finance SUCKS! I have good credit and as usual I couldn't be approved for the best rate...go figure

:confused24: That is a great deal on that bike and I would efinitely look at going through a CU. I took $150.00 and put $100 in a checkibng account there and $50 in a svings and filed for the loan while I did it all. 1 day later it was come in and sign the paperwork...that easy :happy34:

BTW Mike...congrats on the payoff, now more monies to ride

:banana:

Brad, it gets even better. I've used the same Credit Union for over 25 years. It used to be called Spokane Railway Credit Union but now it's called Numerica. When I decide to buy something like a car or a bike I give them a call and tell them what I want. They will tell me what the price should be based on the invoice reports. Now I can go into a car deal and negotiate on the price without the added confusion of financing.

Funny that I still use a Credit Union from Spokane Washington but it's still very easy and they treat me great.

Brad, it gets even better. I've used the same Credit Union for over 25 years. It used to be called Spokane Railway Credit Union but now it's called Numerica. When I decide to buy something like a car or a bike I give them a call and tell them what I want. They will tell me what the price should be based on the invoice reports. Now I can go into a car deal and negotiate on the price without the added confusion of financing.

Funny that I still use a Credit Union from Spokane Washington but it's still very easy and they treat me great.

I was very happy with being able to go through the CU. My local bank didn't even offer a Cycle loan and they actually called the CU for me and got all the info. Funny thing is this all came about because the GE moneybank that Yamaha financed my loan through wouldn't give me my title. They hold onto it as I went to Ohio and bought it. In Michigan we own our titles, there is an area on the title for the finance company to have the lein on the vehicle. I couldn't get my title and that just irked me so bad that I decided that they weren't going to get my money. Kinda funny getting mad actually saved me money...whodathunktit

:confused24:

My CU the bike loans are higher even on a new bike, I went with yamaha on it. Yamaha rates were cheaper than I could find for me and I think it was 6.99. Thats a great price on the bike and I looked at most of the diffrent ones out there and dollar for dollar the rsv couldnt be beat. I like the looks and sounds of the harleys but the price is just to high and you have less room. Good luck with what ever you get!! s

MrsSquid makes sure that I pay cash for my toys....

My RSV is one of my toys...

That bike on eBay looks like a good deal. I bet that it is a repo.

It looks like the owners manual is missing, other than that, it looks like a good deal.

I could not see any accessories installed, and it looks like it still has the brickstone tires on it.

MrsSquid makes sure that I pay cash for my toys....

My RSV is one of my toys...

That bike on eBay looks like a good deal. I bet that it is a repo.

It looks like the owners manual is missing, other than that, it looks like a good deal.

I could not see any accessories installed, and it looks like it still has the brickstone tires on it.

Some of the dealers around here will finance a bike for you even if you don't buy theirs. Yes , they'll charge a little but you will still have the ride you want. Also, I've bought a lot of things and stuff, including motorcycles on credit and paid them off just fine. That's the only way some people can have things and enjoy them.

Eddie

payment or no payment is certainly an individual choice.we had 6000.00for a bike or down payment. we found a 97 rstd for 4500.00 with 14000 miles and went thar route. but almost went for a victory vision, but in the end went conservative. so it's all in what youwant. good luck on the search. ride safe and be cool

thumper1:mo money:

There's a lot to be said for no payments. I tried to get a loan for mine and the credit crunch was on. Half way through their collection of a pint of blood and DNA sample I bailed on the process. Had to dig DEEP into the savings but I'll put what would have been a payment back in each month. I also saved a ton on insurance since I don't have to cover it for every bug strike. If you can get creative, cash is the only way to go.

It seems to me that someone with more money then brains was going through a midlife crisis and just HAD to have a bike and after purchasing said bike, decided that he's not Peter Fonda or Dennis Hopper. He then took a big hit on resale and bought a sexy little sports car to reassure himself that he's still "got it".:guitarist 2:

It seems to me that someone with more money then brains was going through a midlife crisis and just HAD to have a bike and after purchasing said bike, decided that he's not Peter Fonda or Dennis Hopper. He then took a big hit on resale and bought a sexy little sports car to reassure himself that he's still "got it".:guitarist 2:

Same thought crossed my mind when I saw the add! :thumbsup2:

At least he got rid of it before he wrecked the thing.

NO BRAINER!!!!!!!! :bang head:Venture all the way!!! My brother went out and bought brand spanking new Ultra Classic, beautiful bike...BUT!!! It vibrated like crazy, when he was ideling his antennas were shaking like a dogs tail, and mine were perfectly still (06 Venture). NO room for passenger, even with the tour pak slid all the way forward, my sister-in-law was pressed up against him. And BIGGEST thing was, he went to a "cruise in" up town and in bumper to bumper traffic, his Harley was idled down to about 400 rpm's and about to cut off, because it got to hot. Sooooooooooooo, if you want to pay $22k :mo money:for a bike you can't even ride up town, then go ahead! Oh, did I mention the big blister burnt on the inside of his leg from the heat too!!!!! He kept the bike for 2 months, slod it, lost $3k(don't they say Harleys keep their resale?!), and bought a Gold Wing. Hey Gold Wing, or Venture, anythings better than a Harley!!! Harley...It's just a NAME! And also a Venture comes with 98hp, a Harley 65-70hp! Don't make an expensive mistake. mid life crisis

NO BRAINER!!!!!!!! :bang head:Venture all the way!!! My brother went out and bought brand spanking new Ultra Classic, beautiful bike...BUT!!! It vibrated like crazy, when he was ideling his antennas were shaking like a dogs tail, and mine were perfectly still (06 Venture). NO room for passenger, even with the tour pak slid all the way forward, my sister-in-law was pressed up against him. And BIGGEST thing was, he went to a "cruise in" up town and in bumper to bumper traffic, his Harley was idled down to about 400 rpm's and about to cut off, because it got to hot. Sooooooooooooo, if you want to pay $22k :mo money:for a bike you can't even ride up town, then go ahead! Oh, did I mention the big blister burnt on the inside of his leg from the heat too!!!!! He kept the bike for 2 months, slod it, lost $3k(don't they say Harleys keep their resale?!), and bought a Gold Wing. Hey Gold Wing, or Venture, anythings better than a Harley!!! Harley...It's just a NAME! And also a Venture comes with 98hp, a Harley 65-70hp! Don't make an expensive mistake. mid life crisis

I assume when you say new you mean 09?

1) Harleys are supposed to vibrate. My 09 vibrates much less then older models due to the new 4 point engine mount. If you don't want your ride to vibrate don't buy a Harley.

2) If you measure the distance from the riders back (same person) to the back of the passangers backrest on a 09 Ultra and a 07 Venture you will note the LARGER dimension on the Ultra.

3) If his bike was ideling at 400 rpm his has a problem, any bike can have problems. He most lickly did not use the rear cyc shut down, which is just a flick of the throttle forward. I have used this feature many time to see if there was a differance in exhaust heat or performance. I was riding with a member here and you could not tell. I have been in city traffic for about 1 hour with no problem.

4) Buy a new Venture, keep it for 2 weeks and see what you get for it, you will loose much more then $3k.

5) I have not burned my leg yet on the Ultra, but I did get a bit hot on the inside of my thighs while on my Ventue.

As far as HP and Turque goes, just where are you getting your information? I've been looking for the HP and Turque rating of a Venture ever since my first one in 98.

My Dyno on an unmodified stock Ultra. 82.5HP, Torgue 97.5

Hey, Pilot.

I don't want to get into any arguments -- I only rode an HD once, in 1983. If you want to know the power specs of the Royal Star Venture, just look at the Star Motorcycles web site for the following info:

79 cubic-inch liquid-cooled, V-four tuned to put out class-leading power — 97hp @ 6000 rpm and maximum torque at 89 ft.-lb. @ 4750 rpm — for incomparable touring performance.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelfeatures/4/0/features.aspx

Hey, Pilot.

I don't want to get into any arguments -- I only rode an HD once, in 1983. If you want to know the power specs of the Royal Star Venture, just look at the Star Motorcycles web site for the following info:

79 cubic-inch liquid-cooled, V-four tuned to put out class-leading power — 97hp @ 6000 rpm and maximum torque at 89 ft.-lb. @ 4750 rpm — for incomparable touring performance.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelfeatures/4/0/features.aspx

Those are engine spec's not rear wheel spec's.

Yamaha does not tell you what the rear wheel spec's are. The rear wheel is what gives you your power.

Don't want to get into an argument either, I rode a Venture for 10 years and liked the bike. For what it sells for it's a great ride and I would and may still own another Venture in the future if they would just get EFI, ABS, A lower center of gravity and upgrade their electronics package and maybe just maybe make some t-shirts....LOL

I got tired of waiting for the upgrades but I think it's coming.

Like I said before buy what you want as far as I'm concerned they all make good bikes and every one has their own style of riding. I'm happy with the Ultras performance and I don't ride faster then about 80 MPH so HP, Torque and all that other stuff really doesn't really make a poop, a 650 Yamaha will do 80 MPH any day.

If you have to borrow money for a vehicle, you can't afford it. :backinmyday:

I have mine. I didn't finance it. Cash is King, Debt is Dumb. :backinmyday:

buy used, save money or in this case, buy a little more used bike.

Sorry, just have to comment on the above.

It is a great thing if a person has enough money "on hand" to go out and pay cash for such things. Unfortunately, most of us don't. Therefore, it makes sense to borrow the money so we can have and enjoy what you lucky people in a minority group have. This does not mean we cannot afford it, it simply means we don't have that much cash laying around. When we can't afford it is when our monthly debt exceeds our income or, commonly referred to "negative cash flow".

To blatantly state that those who borrow "can't afford it" and infer that those who do are "dumb" is just a bit ignorant and suggests an "I'm better than you are" complex IMHO.

Do you own your home? If so, did you pay cash for it? I think not.

Sorry for venting a bit...I know, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

4) Buy a new Venture, keep it for 2 weeks and see what you get for it, you will loose much more then $3k.

I bought my 2007 RSV in July of 2007 for $13,900. They are going for about $13,500 right about now.......

Total depreciation of $400 for 14 months of ownership.

Your mileage may vary.