IGNORED

Car tire riders only please

footsie

My friend who own a tire shop, has an idea which we are going to try. He believes that by using the truing machine to round the edges on a car tire that it will solve the cornering issues.

he intends to cut 5/32 of the edge and round toward the center.

will keep yall posted.

Sorry posted in wrong area, someone moved it for after I changed it, read the next one up.

Please read the other post with the same title.

Cruise On

Gregg:fingers-crossed-emo

Edited by footsie
posted in wrong area

One of my friends who owns a tire shop has came up with an Idea we are going to try, he is going to put the tire mounted on a motorcycle rim on the truing machine and round the edges over, we have tried a ct on the bikes that was taken of a car with edges worn of, it handled very well.

He suggested we trim 5/32 off the outer edge and round inward, thus starting with a rounded profile.

Will keep yall posted.

Cruise On

Gregg:fingers-crossed-emo

Sounds like a good idea.

Why is this posted in the Ladies Lair?

hi all

i remember seeing this done back in the mid 60's in my home town. i thought the guy was nuts, cutting all that rubber off my tires. but he showed me that the pile of rubber on the floor was very thin. that it trued up the tire. but i haven't seen this done in many years, so i guess it would work ok.

best reguards

don c. :missingtooth:

Hey, I think it is a great idea. me and my friend were just talking about doing the same thing a while back. I have been thinking of putting a car tire on the back of my RSTD.

Just look at what Burt Munro did shaving the tire on his Indian and set a world record that still stands. I know it's not a car tire, but the fact that he shaved it.

Be sure and post pics if you do it.

Steve

The tire will have to be removed from the bike and tire and wheel placed in the machine.

He has many years of experience truing tires, we will rebalance afterward.

My ct on my valkyrie is wearing in the middle not the sides, we think only a small amount of mileage will be lost.

Hope to get this done wed or thursday.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks

Gregg