IGNORED

Road Glide Fairing ---- Please don't shoot!!!

Guest buckbuckey25

Guest buckbuckey25

Ok.. I am sure I might get slayed for this.. But here goes anyhoo...

I have a 06 RSTD Midnight. I put the Hoppe Batwing Faring on it and I enjoy it quite a bit! Having music on a bike is something I will never be without again!

Now for the slaying.. Has anyone ever put a road glide fairing on the Royal star? I did a little MS paint rendition and think it would look super cool... Seems to fit the thinkness of the bike quite well to me.. I have done some digging on the wasternet.. and have come up empty handed..

Any feedback or direction is appreciated!!!

:think:

Buck,

That is a cool looking layout for the bike. You might want to check your local m'cycle boneyard and see if they have a busted up road glide fairing. You could duct tape it together and do some test fitting.

Would love to see some pics if you are successful.

RR

DO IT!

I have to say that I have always liked the front fairing on the Road Glide, that would be the Harley that I would own if I could afford one. I love the twin lights and shark nose fairing, I absolutely think you should do it....it's all about making it your own :thumbsup2:

Guest buckbuckey25

Thanks for the feedback!! I think it will look very solid and dress up the bike even further as far as lines go. Man.. Now to figure out "COSTS". There should not be a limit right? HAHAHAHAHA

Guest buckbuckey25

Low and behold .. Lookie at what I found!! Well it is a poor picture but it shows this has been done!!! Man I wish I could find more of this bike. More so, I would prefer to speak with the person/business that did it!

Thoughts? Hard to tell the profiles and lines from this perspective.

• 1 month later...

Not to resurrect an old thread here, but well, that's exactly what I intend to do.

Just purchased my fairing off of ebay. should have it in a week or so. Once i get it mounted, I'll post the pics.

I'm hoping my biggest issue at hand will be the color scheme. Black with the matching off white or good old solid Ford Black. any thoughts or suggestion?

:feedback:

• 1 month later...

Hey buckbuckey. Did you not like the hope fairing? I went to the website and saw that white one with the flames and looked great I thought ...but then I have a white bike so that is probably why I liked that one.

Bob

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_2_110.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZUxdm553QQUS

Low and behold .. Lookie at what I found!! Well it is a poor picture but it shows this has been done!!! Man I wish I could find more of this bike. More so, I would prefer to speak with the person/business that did it!

Thoughts? Hard to tell the profiles and lines from this perspective.

Ya that's my pic. Taken at Star Days in Chattanooga in 07. The guy built frame brackets out of 1/4" steel then chrome plated them.They are similar to the HD brackets just fabricated to fit the Royal. Cant recall if the tank was from a 1st gen royal or something else. He said it was very solid.I only shot this one pic ,wished I had shot more.I made up a scaled example of what it(RSTD) might look with a Glide faring. see attached pic

Edited by BadPigg
seplling

Don't know if this will help but theres a company out in the midwest that makes a kit that lest you put the Road glide fairing and bags on a V-Rod. I saw one at Americade 3 years ago and thought ity was a new factory model. ( In fact it should be Harley dropped the ball on that one.) Anyway, they make a bracket to mount the fairing onto the steering head. It might give you a way to attach the fairing to your bike. Unfortunately i can't remember the name of the company that makes the kit.

Ok.. I am sure I might get slayed for this.. But here goes anyhoo...

I have a 06 RSTD Midnight. I put the Hoppe Batwing Faring on it and I enjoy it quite a bit! Having music on a bike is something I will never be without again!

Now for the slaying.. Has anyone ever put a road glide fairing on the Royal star? I did a little MS paint rendition and think it would look super cool... Seems to fit the thinkness of the bike quite well to me.. I have done some digging on the wasternet.. and have come up empty handed..

Any feedback or direction is appreciated!!!

:think:

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kawvulcan/messages?msg=84293.7

Try this link from the Kawasaki forum he mounted a Road Glide fairing on a 1500 Nomad and claims it worked out great. I am sure if you PM him he will end some photos ( which I can't find) of the mounting process. I know it is on a Kawasaki but I am sure the set up would be close to what you are looking for.

I thought of adding the RG fairing to a 05 Nomad I had because I liked the fixed fairing on my 87 Venture...Good luck ! If you receive the photos please forward them to me ..

Regards Dave