IGNORED

question # 2

wild hair 39

"IF" Yamaha ever came out with an 1800cc or 2000cc or bigger, I would stay with the Yamaha..

If they dont do something soon, I might be looking at a G>G>G>>>>GGGGOOOOLLLDDwing

I like the looks of the new Kaw...but not so sure I would want a 2 cylinder for long hauls.

if buying a new or used,what brand would,you consider,for the next 100000,mls,and how long do you thank,it will take you to rack up 100000 mls

:think:

lowell

LA...one up or two up? Your style of riding or the masses in general?

While I really like the RSV, number 2 in the garage and close to 100,000 miles between them, it would DEFINITELY NOT be my choice if it were just a one-up traveling bike...no touring bike would be my first choice!. I'd go with my FJR, Concours (1st, 2d, or 3d gen), ST1300, or sport-touring BMW for one-up riding where I want to rack up miles. A 1,000 mile day on my FJR is a lot easier on my body than a 500 mile day on the RSV for me!

Two-up? So many choices and not enough money. Would come down to comfort for both my passenger and me. RSV has it, but ready for some updating; Goldwing definitely has it; BMW has it (funny comment removed to protect those without a sense of humor); the Victory looks to have it; and an HD Ultra could easily make it into my garage in the future (another funny comment removed).

Bottom-line...SPORT TOURER!

Curt

At this point, there is nothing that tempts me to quit maintaining my '86 VR. The new Kawasaki Voyager is close, but barring a ride, it doesn't turn me on like my VR. IF Yamaha brought back the VR style bike (I get tired of the Harley Look alikes, and want a "new" VR) I would consider that.

I have put about 9000 miles on mine since I bought it about a year ago. Considering I started slow, I could expect to take about 10 years to put 100,000 on anything, but I know that age 60, I am probably going to slow down that rate rather than ramp it up. but then again, I am considering just retiring and the wife and I doing more travelling. Maybe I can get in 100,000 before age catches up too bad?

:backinmyday:

I put 167k on an '85 VR that I bought in '90 with under 5k miles on it.

I bought an '05 Midnight Venture new. Had over 9k on it when it got picked out from under me by an uninvited visitor from the south.

I ordered an '06 Black Cherry Venture while laying in a rented hospital bed. I have 26k on it now and I didn't get to ride much the first season because of a bone graft.

I figure in ten or fifteen years I'll see what's out there. By then I should have 150 or 160k on this one and actually be in the market. Maybe Yamaha will have updated the Venture by then. Of course since I prefer carbs to EFI, and I love the looks of my RSV, I may just do what First Genners do and rebuild this one.

The new Voyager looks nice, but I really like the Yamaha's, thats all I have been riding for the past 8 years, so I would like to see a full dress VStar 1300 or larger. At the current rate I have been riding, just turned 10,000 miles on the VStar, it would take me aprox. 10 years.:12101:

If many more of you guys go out and buy GW's, we might have to get Freebird to start a GW site for you guys..............:Im not listening to:Im not listening to

if buying a new or used,what brand would,you consider,for the next 100000,mls,and how long do you thank,it will take you to rack up 100000 mls

:think:

lowell

OK, answer to Q#1

I only had one new bike and that was the first one... a 1969 Yamaha 125cc twin 2-stroke. I blew the motor twice and sold it with probably 2500 miles on it LOL

Answer to Q#2

I am seriously going to be looking at the new Kawasaki Voyager. Based on current riding, it would take me 10-15 years to put 100,000 miles on. I hope to change that once I retire.

I would like to put some miles on a Triumph Rocket lll. I test road one a few months ago and to me it felt like riding a MUCH smaller bike... until I twisted the right wrist far enough then it HULKED out! I think I'll always have a Venture but a R3 with hard bags and a fairing would be sweeet!:yikes: