IGNORED

I've got the hitch...

dr_bar

So I guess my answer is NO???

A plug and play unit just plugs into the existing harness and there are no splices involved...

I doubt plug and play are available, but most just splice into the existing wiring.

Not that hard

BRad

• 4 weeks later...

Got up this morning, made a rather large withdrawal from my savings, and put a down payment on a tent trailer for touring...

Did I fail to mention the nearly 400km ride to Osoyoos BC to order right from the factory???

This is almost the same as I ordered...

http://www3.telus.net/public/a5a14519/pics/s2door.jpg

A cut away view...

http://www3.telus.net/public/a5a14519/pics/sideview.jpg

How fast does it set up???

http://www.leesurelite.com/settingupvideo.mpg

Those are a nice unit. Very quick set up. I hope you have many years of fun with it. We enjoy our bunkhouse alot. But its not as slick as that rig.

They both have their +'s and -'s... I have to load any cargo ontop of my bed, kinda sucks, but the quick set up is worth the trade off in my opinion.

You will not find a plug and play wiring setup as all bike mfgrs state that your not supposed to tow anything with a motorcycle. Nobody will make one due to the liability.

Wow,I never would have thought of that.:doh: You are the man..:D

dr_bar,you will love that trailer...After watching Hal and Gayle set theirs up,I was very impressed...:thumbsup2:

Now, is there a plug and play harness for the 2nd gens???

Rather than go and splice in a micky mouse unit, I'd perfer pay a few dollars more for a harness that's made for the bike.

Your gonna hafta splice. I used the connectors and spliced it into the harness behind the battery, ran the wiring up under the trunk and secured the plug under the left side of the trunk so its out of sight but easily accessable.

I used a Hoppy Powered Convertor to avoid running the trailer lights off of the bikes system. The battery powers it.

You will not find a plug and play wiring setup as all bike mfgrs state that your not supposed to tow anything with a motorcycle. Nobody will make one due to the liability.

Funny thing is, there's a few out there that are plug and play, at least for the goldwing and there's one for a harley as well. I think the only reason there isn't one for a Venture, is purely a case of numbers...

So , what's the price range for those leisurelites?????????

If you have to ask you can't afford... :yikes:

Seriously, the basic unit cost $4500 for the 48" wide model and $4800 for the 54" wide model. Add accessories and upgrades and next thing you know, you could have bought a new house...:mo money:

Your gonna hafta splice. I used the connectors and spliced it into the harness behind the battery, ran the wiring up under the trunk and secured the plug under the left side of the trunk so its out of sight but easily accessable.

I used a Hoppy Powered Convertor to avoid running the trailer lights off of the bikes system. The battery powers it.

I bought an isolator unit and will see if I can't buy some connectors and make my own plug and play. If that works, who knows, maybe I'll have a new part time job... lol

Edited by dr_bar

Funny thing is, there's a few out there that are plug and play, at least for the goldwing and there's one for a harley as well. I think the only reason there isn't one for a Venture, is purely a case of numbers...

Thats interesting, I have never seen any of them, but then a gain I wasn't looking for one on a Harley or a Wing

:confused24: Learn something new everyday :)

Last time I had a hitch, I put some hointment on it.

(Sorry - couldn't help myself.) :rotfl::rotfl:

I didn't know they had the same type of francophones in Oz as they have in Canada...

You know, the kind that play 'Ockey and eat Happles... LOL.

:nanner:

We used the MC Hitch wiring harness just the other day. It does not come plug n play for Yamaha. I was able to "poke" (for lack of a better word) the wires from the "sub harness" in with the wires on the Yamaha wiring plug. I hot glued them so they would stay put and thus far all works very well. I did not want to splice either.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a motorcycle hitch dealer that has made the plug and play wiring harness for the Venture. You can find info at mchitch.com. I put one on my 2008 venture and it works great. They are located in Nebraska and Iowa and will ship anywhere.