IGNORED

Changes coming for the RSV.

Tartan Terror

Well many of you know that I have been thinking of buying a 09 Harley Ultra. Well it is a very nice bike with quite a few upgrades but at this time even selling the RSV Im not really in the mood in this economy to add another Payment when what I have is problem free. Therefore it is time to play. Instead of getting a note for 10 grand as I have lots of friends in the painting business Im thinking tiem for custom paint. No I wont tell you what it will be but a few may be able to guess. In addition to that I think the rearend swap and definitely seat work. If Corbin wont rework the seat for me then Rick will get to work his magic as well. Cassette player will get the boot and make the storage pocket. Did I mention I hate the Cassette player!!! One other thing I have in mind if money goes good is that I would love to powdercoat the wheels in Chrome or something different. It is time for a change and since I sold the Honda a few months ago I really need a project!! Wish me luck!

Well many of you know that I have been thinking of buying a 09 Harley Ultra. Well it is a very nice bike with quite a few upgrades but at this time even selling the RSV Im not really in the mood in this economy to add another Payment when what I have is problem free. Therefore it is time to play. Instead of getting a note for 10 grand as I have lots of friends in the painting business Im thinking tiem for custom paint. No I wont tell you what it will be but a few may be able to guess. In addition to that I think the rearend swap and definitely seat work. If Corbin wont rework the seat for me then Rick will get to work his magic as well. Cassette player will get the boot and make the storage pocket. Did I mention I hate the Cassette player!!! One other thing I have in mind if money goes good is that I would love to powdercoat the wheels in Chrome or something different. It is time for a change and since I sold the Honda a few months ago I really need a project!! Wish me luck!
Good luck! :thumbsup2: Keep us updated with your progress... and don't forget pictures!

Good Luck Scot. After what you did to the Honda I'm sure the RSV will be just as spectacular.... :thumbsup2:
Im not gonna go that spectacular. Even though it was great looking I took a beating on the sale of the Honda as it didnt appeal to the broad market. it will be interesting though. I want to still be able to sell the RSV at a later date so over doing it will only hurt me at the time of sale. Im sure we have all seen the Cow RSV. He will never get any money for that thing. I wont be starting until Dec or January as now it the best time to have my butt on it.

How much were you trying to sell that sweetheart for there Scott? I'm sure you posted it once but I think I forgot. Sure is a nice looking bike.

You gonna put a tartan paint job on it now? :stickpoke: :whistling:

No Tartan Paint job but I think I will need to add the new accessory bagpipe rack! LOL

I was thinking of asking 12,000 for the RSV as it only has 13000 on it but I never posted it as I had to ride the Harley before I made any decision. Never rode the Harley yet but the money issue is what actually detered me. Who wants another payment now when money is so hard to make right now. Besides if I save the money I can put gas in the boat!! Striper ( The Fish not the Dancer!) season WOO HOO!!

After seeing what "changes" Yamaha is going to make to the '09 Venture, I don't blame you for just working on your existing bike. I also was looking forward to a new (3rd Gen.) Venture but I think it might be better to just 'modify' the '05 RSTD. Good luck with your bike and like other members have posted, don't forget the pictures.

Dave:photographing:

Scott,

I was actually considering painting mine let me know who does yours and after I see it, I'll decide whether I want to use them LOL

I actually have a pretty good body shop here, so all I'd have to do is strip her down and decide the colors,just a matter of $$$$$ which will be scarce since I have a wedding coming up.