IGNORED

Leveling Links / Dog Bones

now i'm really confused.

purchased 07 RSV right off the showroom floor - zero miles.

after reading several threads - ordered the Diamond R leveling links.

finally got around to installing them this afternoon - for the trip to Rogers.

sonofagun - i thought the Diamond R were supposed to be longer than the stock links.

but they're not.

Factory link is 6 3/4" center holes and 8" long -

Diamond R link is 6 5/8" center holes and 7 3/4" long

called a riding buddy who bought the RSV next to mine in the showroom - knew he swapped the dogbones some time ago. he agreed that the Diamond R were about an inch longer than the stock ones.

i'm confused.... any thoughts????

note: i've ridden this thing 35k miles in the last year. it has not been out of my sight except for service ...

That's what I thought, the links are only a 1/4" different in length. They raise the bike by an inch. Can you tell a difference in the ride height?

Correct and absolutley you can notice and feel the difference. I did not like the short ones so I had a pair made up in between and I like this hieght.

Brad

Ok, you've got me interested in these Diamond R Leveling Links. I've done some searches here and read some commentary about them, but no detailed instructions on the install. Where do they go? I'll do anything to help the front end handling of this beast. Pictures or detailed description would be most appreciated. If I missed a prior thread on this even after the search I conducted, then just shoot me the link. Thanks very much.

Ok, you've got me interested in these Diamond R Leveling Links. I've done some searches here and read some commentary about them, but no detailed instructions on the install. Where do they go? I'll do anything to help the front end handling of this beast. Pictures or detailed description would be most appreciated. If I missed a prior thread on this even after the search I conducted, then just shoot me the link. Thanks very much.

Last post has a breakdown pic, #6 is the link and it's not a hard job at all. I can install a set in less than 20 minutes.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22159&highlight=Leveling+links

Read my post here (#5 in the thread):

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23438&highlight=knee

I know it doesn't make sense to have those instructions in a thread about muffler gaskets, but I was responding to a question in the thread starter. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Bought Diamond R leveling links from one of the members and installed them: The best handling mod; period. I rode the bike right before the change on purpose, installed and rode the bike again...a drastic improvement. I cannot recommend this change enough to anyone. Best for the money.

Do It.:dancefool:

When I installed the leveling links, I was having trouble getting the old ones out until I realized the role they play: When on a jack with no weight on the rear wheel, longer links push the back tire up into the wheel well and shorter links allow the back tire to fall down farther. On my center stand with the lowering kit installed, the back tire was more than 2 inches off the ground. I removed the lowering kit and its long links and replaced them with leveling links. Now, on the center stand, the rear wheel is barely touching the ground.