IGNORED

First two up ride on the trike

Freebird

Today, Eileen and I took our first two up ride on the trike.  We started to not go because it was raining pretty good but we put on the rain suits and took off.  Only about a 4 hour round trip down into Amish country.  A lot of twisties and it rained all the way down and about half way home.  I learned a few things.  I learned that it is going to take some getting used to in the twisties.  I was cautious today because I couldn't see very well in the rain and I don't know the limits of the trike.   We did ok though.  Also, I'm getting some head shake at low speeds, I mean 10 to 20 MPH or so if I hit some rough payment. I'll check my head bearings to be sure that they are tight but I've been talking to Jeff, @1BigDog , and he tells me that some head shake is somewhat inherent to these trikes.  He gave me some air pressure settings to try so I'll do that along with checking the head bearings.  Not a big deal now that I'm aware of it.  Just have to make sure you have a firm grip on the bars if you get onto rough rides and are going slow.  Easy to prevent if you know about it. Otherwise, it was a nice ride.  Especially after the rain finally cleared up a bit.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

50 plus years on motorcycles before I went to a trike.

Seven years on the trike and I STILL want to lean into the turn.

Steering is much, much easer when you sit up straight and lock your out side elbow.

Your weight and centrifugal force will push you around the turn.

You will be out running cruisers before you know it. Your co pilot wont like it but you can.  

• Like 2