IGNORED

Died at the gas station

Sooooo....

My 2006 RSV has been running fine. NO issues starting. I pulled in to the gas station last night. Shut it off in neutral and filled the gas tank. I then turned the key on, pulled in the clutch and pushed the starter button. It sounded like the starter might have made half a turn and everything came to halt almost like the battery was yanked out. There are no lights, no radio nothing in terms of electrical power. I figure if the starter had jammed or seized, I would still have some indication that there is still power. But, NOTHING... The battery is just over a year old.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...

1999-2009 wiring diagram shows a 30 amp Main fuse in the bottom right corner.

It looks like it may be connected to or in the starter solenoid

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20B.pdf

Here is a close up from the bottom left

Capture.PNG

1999-2009 Simplified its in the top right.

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20Simplified%20Circuit%20Diagram%20Rev%20B.pdf

Here is a close up from the simplified.

Capture simplified diagram.PNG

Main fuse is on left side under the passenger floorboard. I cam off a trip one year everything was fine. Next day I went out and nothing. 30 amp fuse was bad. Check all the connections also as it wont hurt.

• 1 month later...
Sorry for not getting back to you all... It turns out it was nasty dirty battery terminals... All fixed now. Thank you all for the help and info
I have had that happen with both the Virago and the Venture without the terminal being particularly nasty looking. It's probably a good thing to occasionally clean the terminals whether they look like they need it or not. Might also help the charging system keep the battery topped up.