IGNORED

on the road....but trouble has found us.

sarges46

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot! You see the weather out here! We were under severe watch. Winds are close to 80 mph! We got lucky and made it just south of the tornado warning area! On I 29 and can see the south Dakota border. Hotel is called Dakota Magic. Repairs are going to have to wait until the AM.

Thanks for the tips.

Weird things huh. Headlights,taillights and lights to camper work (just not brake signal either)

I'm not exactly next door to where you are at, but SE into MN a ways. Morgan is the town and I have a shop with AC in it if you need to get serious about getting into her more than you care to do in the hotel parking lot. My cell # is in my profile. Good luck, Larry

This MIT sound real stupid, but my engine light went on just after a gas stop last year, I didn't turn the gas cap tight enough, scared the poopout of me, I decided to keep going, I was miles from the nearest town, stopped at a bike shop, he checked the cap, turned the ignition on and off three times, and stopped the issue.

It could be something that simple

Hope you find what is wrong. The 07's must have a problem. My friend and I were riding, he has an 07, and his radio went off, heat and oil light came on. It was the selenoid switch. Got it fixed by dealer and now no sound from the speakers. Back to dealer. Hope to find problem.

Shoot! You see the weather out here! We were under severe watch. Winds are close to 80 mph! We got lucky and made it just south of the tornado warning area! On I 29 and can see the south Dakota border. Hotel is called Dakota Magic. Repairs are going to have to wait until the AM.

Thanks for the tips.

Weird things huh. Headlights,taillights and lights to camper work (just not brake signal either)

Do you have a loose ground wire ? Off the trailer

OK, first thanks all!

Changed 15 amp signal fuse as it was gone. Dash,brake lights are back. Good so far, but no signal lights.

There is load going somewhere as the lights dim off and on in time like a blinker.

Ground? Where?

Would a trailer isolater going bad do this? :bighug:

Hey Sarge, you might try a test wire from the frame of the trailer to the frame of the bike bike and see if the lights go back to normal.. If they do, you have lost the ground between the trailer and bike.. What Brake Pad is discribing is a common trailer wiring problem!

If the trailer lights are unplugged and the trailer is disconnected from the bike than it has to be the bike wiring..

Are the lights going dim/bright even with the blinker switch turned off or only if you try and use the blinkers?