IGNORED

seat position to forward

the shop that has the bike, may have not set the seat back the right way. there is a socket the back section of seat must go into, to hold it in place, wiggle the seat and see if it is loose.:confused24:

I have the 07, and I'm 6'4" tall, 36 inseam, the seats just right.

the corbin seat wil set you down some and you feel like you are more into the bike. you can also shave down the foam on the entire seat and have someone re stitch the cover. you can also get a reshaped seat from several differant dealers. lots of guys puts pegs on the engine guards to strech their legs out.

And that's the fault of the Bike because........? A liquid diet will fix that. :group cheers:

Why does fault have anything to do with it....?? I didn't see anyone place any blame, but if I misled you in what I posted I appologize. However, if I can make it clearer.. if you have a big a$$ you will sit farther forward on the tank. Personally I think the RSV seat is great for S..XL builds, but if you're XXL...XXXL+ it sucks when riding over 200-300 miles per day. I'm gonna go pop a top now....:beersign:

Why does fault have anything to do with it....?? I didn't see anyone place any blame, but if I misled you in what I posted I appologize. However, if I can make it clearer.. if you have a big a$$ you will sit farther forward on the tank. Personally I think the RSV seat is great for S..XL builds, but if you're XXL...XXXL+ it sucks when riding over 200-300 miles per day. I'm gonna go pop a top now....:beersign:

The OP hinted to the fact that the seat was to far forward on the bike, seemed to me anyway that's what he was saying .

Jack, I was not inferring that your backside is oversized, but, ( no pun intended) if in fact it is, wouldn't that give you extra cushion for a long day's ride? :stickpoke:

I removed some foam from my seat and set in gel and changed the pillowtop, even better than stock. Butler does a great job for not that much money. I also like a backrest, makes it much more comfortable.

Not to steal this thread but WHICH backrest are you using? I bought a "fixed" one and it pushed me forward so I returned it. I am having Butler rework my seat and pillion next week so I am not going to spring for another backrest until I try out his handywork. But just for planning, which backrest do people use that DOESN't move you forward?

Not to steal this thread but WHICH backrest are you using? I bought a "fixed" one and it pushed me forward so I returned it. I am having Butler rework my seat and pillion next week so I am not going to spring for another backrest until I try out his handywork. But just for planning, which backrest do people use that DOESN't move you forward?

I don't think a back rest is all that bad of a thing on a pillow top. IT will seat you forward more, but will take some pressure off the tailbone. One of the things that BB's suffer from on long rides is the constant pushing back into the seat and monkey butt being the result. Don't ask how I know that. Blisters and all. I'm not a big fan of the VR two piece seat, and much prefer the one piece on a 1stGen with the gentle transition from the driver to the passenger. I've ridden one for several 500 mile days, and one 700 without a bit of discomfort. That's why I planning on a trip down to Corbin for the day later this summer. Let the special services build me a one piece that fits my arse...