IGNORED

Surviving The Heat???

bongobobny

Well, you don't need the weatherman to know it's HOT outside!!! Today I did a complete brake job on the wife's Monte Carlo to include new pads, rotors, and hardware in 90+ degree heat. Thank God for air tools!!! Took a break after each wheel by coming inside and enjoying the air conditioning, we have it set for 70 degrees inside. I also have ice cold water, soda pop and iced tea and of course beer!! We are spending our evenings outdoors and put a fan inside the gazebo and watch TV ouit there!

So, the questuion is, what are you doing on these hot days and how are you keeping cool??

Bongobobny, you folks not only have higher heat temps than we do, but you also have to suffer through the unforgiving humidity. My wife was born and raised in that area, and she knows how bad it is.

We...on the other hand...and on the other coast...enjoy our warm days and our cooler days. It is 80 out today, and almosy zero humidity. In a normal year, we probably run the house central A/C for 2 to 3 days each year...and that is it.

People whine about how much it rains in the great Pacific Northwest, but in fact we get less rainfall than where you live. We just have more overcast skies, for more days, but hey everything is green around here, year round.

Stay cool, and drink more Iced tea than beer.

Spent over 1/2 the day outside working on a company's watering soaker system, heck I take care of the whole building for them, not a big deal.....

Edited by Dano

Today I did a complete brake job on the wife's Monte Carlo in 90+ degree heat. Thank God for air tools!!!

I'll be glad when it cools back down to the 90's. I ride 7/365 and the triple digit temps plus the heat off of my Kawasaki Voyager(beater/commuter bike) has given me a heat rash on both lower legs.

I split time between the house AC and the swimming pool out back. Went with the kids and cousins that were here over the 4th. I gotta admit the pool was like a 16000 gallon bathtub. But it still felt good.

Last Friday Linda and I took a ride over the mountains to between Burnsville, NC and the Blue Ridge Parkway on highway 80. There is a state park and campground called Carolina Hemlocks Park. It has some wonderful swimming in the river that has several deep pools and is a great place to snorkle and the water is very cold and clear. After we swam for a while, we rode up on The BRP and went up on MT Mitchell, the highest point east of the Mississippi. We had a picnic and the temperature was 74 degrees. It was a great ride as it was 101 degrees at home.

RandyA

Been working and playing at the cottage where I can jump in the lake when I get overheated. Finally installed my Skydoc fuse block and cleaned up some accessory wiring on the bike. Took a break and jumped off "Whale Rock" with my grandson.

Moped and I have been going to the Newport Motorcycle Rally every evening. Normally, in these temps 105 predicted today, we would not bother going out. Thursday night one of our favorite bands was appearing there so we bit the bullet and went downtown to see them. It actually was not too bad, because there was breeze and it was in the upper 80's which is cool to us now. Last night, was another story. We left the rally at 11:30 PM and I was still sweating. Of course, this heat has hurt the attendance for the rally. Most people show up after 8:00PM. It is a shame because it is such a beautiful site for a motorcycle rally.

We will go again tonight. We did see a First Gen, a RSTD, and of course, we were the only RSV there. May be tonight there will be more people and bikes.

Yama Mama:crackup::beersign:attachment.php?attachmentid=69218&stc=1&d=1341666351

Stay cool Bob....its way to hot to be doing that stuff.

Do what I do...call "the guy". You know..."the guy"...

Oh no....are you "the guy" ? Never mind....Stay cool... :178::scorched::scorched::sign chill out:

I know "that guy"......she's killing me.......:duck: