IGNORED

Clutch Change Results

AKRefugee

During Maintenance Day I changed my Clutch Spring, Friction Rings and the Steel Rings. Because of unexpected tire wear I also had to change my tire for a used one to get me back home so I never got to "really see" what the new clutch set up would do. Well I finally got a new tire installed last week and got to see just what the new clutch set up would do. All I can say is WOW.

I was advised that the clutch throw would be a bit harder and to be honest that took all of about 5 or 6 times starting out to get used to that, and even then it was not as huge a difference as I expected. Where the real difference came was when I really dropped the hammer and then fast shifted in to second. I immediately found out two things.

One, that yes you can get the front wheel of a second gen off the ground. :whistling:

Two, when you do that the passenger will say "what the :soapbox: was that? It whipped my head back", and find several "endearing things" to call you.

Now here is the fun part.

If, after explaining to the passenger that you just lifted the front wheel off the ground, and, you are lucky enough to have the right passenger, you WILL be told (not asked) to do it again :big-grin-emoticon:

If your clutch is slipping and you want to get performance out of your second gen then I would highly recommend SkyDoc_17's clutch package. You won't just get a grin put on your face. You will get one plastered on it and you will think your face will break from grinning so damn hard.

AWESOME, I love it. My wife screams at me for slightly gettin on the fun wheel. Now what clutch setup is best for my 1st gen?

Get with Skydoc on this clutch setup. His ad is Here I can personally vouch for Earl as a good vendor. He will bend over backwards to help you get what you need when you need it. He wont do you wrong. Msg him.

JP

Unhook the Head Set, ignore screaming Noises and have Fun.

What the best for you, depends on what you're after ...

Cheapest Solution is the Kit like Skydoc, probably MiCarl and other sell, there's Barnett, and if you want the best of all, buy a Lock-Up Clutch Assembly.

Hey Kevin,

Thank You for those kind words!

What a pleasure it was to be able to work on your bike as well as the other bikes this year at Maint. Day. With all of our lives so busy, it is a rare and wonderful thing to be able to come together, share our knowledge, see old friends, and meet new ones. I almost didn't make it this year due to a recent surgery, but my brother was kind enough to drive me to Ohio in his jeep. Both my brother and I had a great time this year, (as always) and I look forward to seeing everyone at the International this year in NY.

Thanks for opportunity to be of service to my fellow VR.ORG members. :thumbsup2:

Earl