I have a Rivco spin on oil adapter for my Mk1. What I'm missing is the NUT that holds it on the bike. Does anyone know the size or better yet does anyone have one they would be willing to part with? I called Rivco and the whole thing is discontinued and they could not or would not help me at all..

I have a Rivco spin on oil adapter for my Mk1. What I'm missing is the NUT that holds it on the bike. Does anyone know the size or better yet does anyone have one they would be willing to part with? I called Rivco and the whole thing is discontinued and they could not or would not help me at all..

Check with Rick....http://www.buckeyeperformance.com

If I remember right,it's more of a stud then a nut...

You mean the threaded part, that was physically welded to the adapter? :shock3: Think that was a size 20+, I've gotta change my oil and filter this month, I can check (and wow, discontinued? dang, thank god I bought mine so soon) Other than that it was a threaded piece with the skinny nut around it welded into the threads on one side

Edited by JohnMidnight

Gary:

Yes that looks like what I have and the threaded piece I have but the nut on it I don't have. Some have said that the nut is welded onto that threaded part but mine obviously wasn't. So I need to know what I'm looking for to replace that nut. Looks like half a nut actually. I'm guessing it has to be thin so it won't interfere with the filter.

Go to your local hardware store and get a 3/4 x 16 "jam" nut. It may still be too thick but you can grind it down in thickness some and it should work. Just grind on one side so that the other side, the good side, can be used to "seat" against the engine.

If you have a friend with a lathe he could cut down the thickness and get a better job.

The nut needs to be about 1/4" thick so it doesn't interfer with the oil filter sealing. If it's too thick the oil filter will hit the nut before the "o" ring seal can compress on the seal surface.

Good luck, have a GREAT day, ride safe,

Red Baron :301:

Wayne,

Here are a bunch of measurements of my adapter. Everything except threads are in inches.

Thread is M20 x 1.50 length of nipple

1.522" overall length of nipple

1.178" across nut flats

.175" thick nut

nut is staked to nipple on long side

.540" from short end of nipple to face of nut

.810" dia hole thru adapter plate

1.240" dia counter bore on back side of plate

.140" depth of recess on nut sid of plate

.240" dia depth of counter bore

.500" overall adapter plate thickness

Gary

Thanks Gary:

That is the info I needed. I have not been able to find a nut that thin but was able to find a standard nut the right size and thread. So I have a friend from church that has access to a machine shop where he works. He is going to cut down the standard nut to fit.

I talked to the people at Rivco and they had one left on the shelf. $10 plus shipping for a NUT.. Shipping to Canada $$$$$ ?

Anyhow looks like it will all go together now.. BTW I paid $1.00 for the nut. Machining = Free..